HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2014, 03:31 AM
Joined Aug 2014
2 Posts
Question
Flying RC in MOA field?

Hi, I'm new to the hobby. I saw some videos of RC planes being flown in one of the fields near MOA - I'm not sure exactly where. My questions: Is there a designated field there for RC planes? Can one just go anytime to fly? Are there certain protocols to follow? Any issues with the security if I just park my car there and fly an RC plane? I'll be flying a tiny park flyer, so I'm not sure if it will even merit notice by the security.

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Joel
telgin2001 is offline Find More Posts by telgin2001
Last edited by telgin2001; Aug 15, 2014 at 03:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2014, 03:46 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,089 Posts
I've been told that the lot is managed by Tytana college next door and that the RC flyers are only allowed to fly on Sundays. There's an attendance sheet that you have to sign and show your ID for before you can fly.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2014, 09:32 AM
Joined Aug 2014
2 Posts
Hmmm.. not exactly as simple as flying a kite in any open field, eh? I wish it were that uncomplicated.
telgin2001 is offline Find More Posts by telgin2001
Old Aug 15, 2014, 09:54 AM
Joined Jul 2012
4,089 Posts
I thought it was too. I rarely get to go to Manila so i always bring my quad if i'm going anywhere near that area incase i get a chance. I just found out the other day i wasn't supposed to fly there on weekdays and saturdays.

From one of the regulars:

"punta lng kau every sunday pakilala ka then give ur personal info name: add: bday: tel: email: person incase of emergency: contact #:"

Since i rarely go to Divisoria on Sundays (SIKSIKAN!!!) there's no more reason for me to pass by MOA. Too bad.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:27 AM
Flying Foamies
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Jun 2012
829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by telgin2001 View Post
Hmmm.. not exactly as simple as flying a kite in any open field, eh? I wish it were that uncomplicated.
Pls Visit the link , hope you understand why we'er doing this. its for your safety and Public safety.
this is now being applied nationwide as what I know especially when the field is class as a public area and with in vicinity of public places

read the Following Updates

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2191712&page=2
speedactyl is online now Find More Posts by speedactyl
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by speedactyl; Aug 15, 2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:42 AM
Joined Jul 2012
4,089 Posts
So the signing thing was recent? Because i get the impression from the guy that it's always been like that.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:07 PM
Flying Foamies
Joined Jun 2012
829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
So the signing thing was recent? Because i get the impression from the guy that it's always been like that.
It recent for philippines but it has been done in the US long time ago
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Philippnes Materials Available
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:32 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedactyl View Post
It recent for philippines but it has been done in the US long time ago
Philippines? I mean the signing in at MOA, the regular guy there makes it seem like you have to sign in to fly at MOA ever since they started flying there. The agreement was done with Tytana and AFAIK that permission was set years ago.

I know you're pretty enthusiastic about RC Congress but i don't think you have to impose it on everything. I don't think the US related signing in you're talking about is related to what the site regulars are already doing. AFAIK, sanction flying sites, clubs or even licenses haven't even been established yet so there's nothing actually to sign permission for other than the RC Congress attendance itself. Not MOA.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Hajile; Aug 15, 2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 06:37 PM
Flying Foamies
Joined Jun 2012
829 Posts
Im just relaying info on the rc community
its CAAPs new regulation that require us to form an umbrella group . That covers RC aircraft activities in the metro. . I was surprise my self to. Any how the signup is still free for this field.

Btw have you check the links posted.?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Philippnes Materials Available
Old Aug 15, 2014, 09:01 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4,089 Posts
Occasionally, whenever that link turns blue. There's not much activity in the Philippine forum so you can't really miss it.

Anyway, i asked them for a straight out clarification. They've been doing the signups from the start as part of the agreement with Tytana.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2014, 09:41 PM
Philippines, NCR, QC
Joined Apr 2014
88 Posts
It's hard for me not to comment. It's my big mouth nature...

I don't think CAAP's new regulation requires an umbrella org. It's like saying before you can drive or own a car you have to join the AAP. What if I don't want to join? Does that prevent me from enjoying legal activities as provided by the constitution? What if I can't since I live in a remote area in the Philippines where I'm the only one engaging in RC (I'm not really speaking about myself but a few other posters who may be in that situation).

Let's put it into perspective. The RC Congress, with its goal to emulate the AMA, is at best a lobbying entity and can only represent its members. If laws on RC are proposed (actual RAs and not regs by government agencies), the RC Congress SHOULD be consulted and involved as a concerned party during the public hearings. This is the good that the RC Congress can bring to Philippine RC. However, it is not and should not be a regulating body unless the flying site is owned or at least managed by the Congress according to law.
alexraz is online now Find More Posts by alexraz