Old May 12, 2013, 08:27 PM
Air Assassin
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
Build Log
HK Durafly 1100mm P-47 the Jolly Dolly

Hey guys ,
I thought that I'd throw together this quick thread to show my new HK P-47. I too was the victim of the broken rudder..LOL...glad I wasn't left out. I fixed with 2 good ole pin hinges.Love this bird ,but the Hun Hunter scheme I see everywhere, so....it's gotta go! I changed the name and numbers,detailed the engine,chnged cowl and spinner to red and put some kill markers around canopy.(may change those later) Still waiting on pin up girl nose art. I have followed all the mod suggestions,for the nose weight and retracts that I have seen here on forum and she seems to be spot on. Hope you guys like her! Gonna try for a maiden later this week.
RogueAce is offline Find More Posts by RogueAce
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2013, 08:35 PM
HeeeeHaawww
Joined May 2013
6 Posts
Got to love original work like this. Well done.
Baldilocks is offline Find More Posts by Baldilocks
Old May 12, 2013, 09:59 PM
Air Assassin
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
Thanks Baldilocks ! Just 'cause we might buy the same old birds doesn't mean they have to have the same old schemes and colors. I say mod 'em , repaint 'em , do what you want...you paid for it ! LOL
RogueAce is offline Find More Posts by RogueAce
Old Jun 08, 2014, 09:14 PM
Semper Fragosus
United States, IL, Lindenhurst
Joined May 2012
137 Posts
battery mounting question

I recently purchased this plane Durafly 1100mm P47 . I also got some Nano Tech 2200mAh 35-50C batteries. The batteries are 115X35X27 mm. The battery compartment is much larger than the battery and I can't see any good way of making it stay instead of sliding around. It would be difficult to put hook and loop tape in the battery compartment because it is somewhat awkward to reach into the compartment though that is what I am thinking of doing. But even if I do that, the battery is much narrower than the width (not depth) of the compartment and I am concerned that it will slide from side to side even with the tape. I was kind of thinking of cutting some foam to put along the sides to hold it in place. But all this seems like a somewhat complicated solution to the problem and I was wondering if anyone had come up with a simpler and better idea to hold the battery in place.
jackcutrone is offline Find More Posts by jackcutrone
Old Jun 12, 2014, 02:14 PM
Just throw it up!
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2011
1,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackcutrone View Post
I recently purchased this plane Durafly 1100mm P47 . I also got some Nano Tech 2200mAh 35-50C batteries. The batteries are 115X35X27 mm. The battery compartment is much larger than the battery and I can't see any good way of making it stay instead of sliding around. It would be difficult to put hook and loop tape in the battery compartment because it is somewhat awkward to reach into the compartment though that is what I am thinking of doing. But even if I do that, the battery is much narrower than the width (not depth) of the compartment and I am concerned that it will slide from side to side even with the tape. I was kind of thinking of cutting some foam to put along the sides to hold it in place. But all this seems like a somewhat complicated solution to the problem and I was wondering if anyone had come up with a simpler and better idea to hold the battery in place.
Yep I just cut a bit of foam to the desired size, pop the battery in, then the foam, then pop the canopy on and off you go. The battery does not slide anywhere. Really simple solution.
Merlin Power is offline Find More Posts by Merlin Power