HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:41 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
The Kyosho Edge in Phoenix is far too easy to hover IMO.

If you want a decent 3D model to practice/learn 3D with then use Wamsy's Shuriken variant.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/membe...=247688&page=2

Just scroll down and you'll find it. You don't want something that's too easy in the sim because it will just teach you bad habits.
I downloaded the variant and am enjoying it very much.. Thanks for the link. It is almost as easy as the Red Bull Edge and a lot easier to see due to its size.. Not so sure though how an Advanced 26 pound Shuriken with a 108" wingspan and Gasoline engine will relate to an Intermediate 3 pound Visionaire Foamie with a 45" wigspan. Do those two planes fly and handle that much alike with being so different in size, weight, and power??
Thanks again for the link
Cloud_Buster is offline Find More Posts by Cloud_Buster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:16 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Buster View Post
I downloaded the variant and am enjoying it very much.. Thanks for the link. It is almost as easy as the Red Bull Edge and a lot easier to see due to its size.. Not so sure though how an Advanced 26 pound Shuriken with a 108" wingspan and Gasoline engine will relate to an Intermediate 3 pound Visionaire Foamie with a 45" wigspan. Do those two planes fly and handle that much alike with being so different in size, weight, and power??
Thanks again for the link
You'd be surprised!! After you've flown both for a while let me know what you think!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:11 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
The Visionaire is supplied with a 11.1v 2200 mah 25C battery.. I also have (3) 11.1v 2200 mah 40C batteries and (5) 11.1v 2200 mah 20C batteries.. What difference can I expect to see between these batteries when used in the Visionaire or should I just use the recommended 25C and forget about the 20C & 40C batteries??
Cloud_Buster is offline Find More Posts by Cloud_Buster
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:28 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
The Visionaire is supplied with a 11.1v 2200 mah 25C battery.. I also have (3) 11.1v 2200 mah 40C batteries and (5) 11.1v 2200 mah 20C batteries.. What difference can I expect to see between these batteries when used in the Visionaire or should I just use the recommended 25C and forget about the 20C & 40C batteries??
Use them all! The 20c will have just a little less pinch while the 40c will have a little more punch.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:36 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,618 Posts
Quote:
If they are high-quality packs from a reputable manufacturer known for honestly rating their packs, you will notice a significant increase in thrust-to-weight over the factory pack. Definitely give 'em a go!

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:00 PM
United States, CT
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Here is my first flight

Parkzone Visionaire - First Flight After Trim (3 min 49 sec)

I love that plane
overip is offline Find More Posts by overip
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:17 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overip View Post
Here is my first flight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o7ZedxWxfQ

I love that plane
Great to hear that you're enjoying this plane. It looks like a gem.

You must have been freezing!
What part of the state are you in?
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:34 AM
United States, CT
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
Great to hear that you're enjoying this plane. It looks like a gem.

You must have been freezing!
What part of the state are you in?
Thank you!
Yes, it was very cold, but I had to fly

South-west what about you?

Check out the second video:

Parkzone Visionaire - Second Flight (5 min 26 sec)
overip is offline Find More Posts by overip
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:46 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,009 Posts
Went by LHS today and they did not have these in stock... so I picked up a 130x heli...

tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:49 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,040 Posts
Anyone been able to hang this plane by its prop yet? Let's some videos of hovering it in front of you!
Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:44 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,616 Posts
say turnerm,,did U get to fly your friends visionair,,,,winds calm here ,,been flying vision and edge on and off here at neighbors yard.. he has a 200 ft runway and no TREES . like U i fly close to myself. i know U have other bigger planesBUT U R going to REALLY ENJOY THIS ONE, later Dale
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:56 PM
Road Scholar
United States, SC, Fort Mill
Joined Oct 2012
98 Posts
Hey guys, transmitter question. Using a DX7. I configured the DX7 by the book. The elevator and ailerons change from high rate to low rate as expected. But the rudder is full throw in both high and low rate. Is this correct? Thanks, JJ
JimmyJet727 is offline Find More Posts by JimmyJet727
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:04 PM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jul 2007
96 Posts
Got to maiden my VisionAire and all I can say is WOW!! Great plane that flies on rails and twists and turns just as you want it. Have managed short hovers high up (not brave enough to do them low down) and had lots of other fun with knife edges, inverted flying and harriers all very easy with this plane. Have a couple of observations though- I think the battery is not man enough for the plane. At full throttle and in a breeze the motor starts stuttering a bit which I suspect is the AS3X kicking in. I had the same problem with the Beast 3D and its stock 180mAh battery which struggled soon as the servos twitched all the time due to the AS3X. Problem went away with a 300mAh battery. So I want to try this either with a 30C 2200mAh batt or a 3000mAh batt to see if there is any difference. It didn't spoil the flight was just a worrying noise at full throttle almost like an unbalanced prop but on the ground (where the AS3X was not running) the motor was fine at full throttle. Another observation is that the battery loops are too far apart. With the batt all the way forward or all the way back only one loop can reach the battery. Ok there is hook and loop tape to but on the battery which would help but I hadn't done that. Oh a final observation is that after a few hovering touch downs the undercarriage is spreading out and now needs bending back and my landings weren't that hard
However these are small quibbles as I love this plane so thanks Quique and Parkzone for making it!!!
MalcolmS is offline Find More Posts by MalcolmS
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:20 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmS View Post
Got to maiden my VisionAire and all I can say is WOW!! Great plane that flies on rails and twists and turns just as you want it. Have managed short hovers high up (not brave enough to do them low down) and had lots of other fun with knife edges, inverted flying and harriers all very easy with this plane. Have a couple of observations though- I think the battery is not man enough for the plane. At full throttle and in a breeze the motor starts stuttering a bit which I suspect is the AS3X kicking in. I had the same problem with the Beast 3D and its stock 180mAh battery which struggled soon as the servos twitched all the time due to the AS3X. Problem went away with a 300mAh battery. So I want to try this either with a 30C 2200mAh batt or a 3000mAh batt to see if there is any difference. It didn't spoil the flight was just a worrying noise at full throttle almost like an unbalanced prop but on the ground (where the AS3X was not running) the motor was fine at full throttle. Another observation is that the battery loops are too far apart. With the batt all the way forward or all the way back only one loop can reach the battery. Ok there is hook and loop tape to but on the battery which would help but I hadn't done that. Oh a final observation is that after a few hovering touch downs the undercarriage is spreading out and now needs bending back and my landings weren't that hard
However these are small quibbles as I love this plane so thanks Quique and Parkzone for making it!!!
QQ explaned about loops a couple pages back,,,,one is enough
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:41 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
say turnerm,,did U get to fly your friends visionair,,,,winds calm here ,,been flying vision and edge on and off here at neighbors yard.. he has a 200 ft runway and no TREES . like U i fly close to myself. i know U have other bigger planesBUT U R going to REALLY ENJOY THIS ONE, later Dale
Not yet. Maybe tomorrow if I can get out to the field.