HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 04, 2014, 09:46 AM
Joined Nov 2007
107 Posts
I used naza h and gps on a t-rex 45o without naza ubec. Now i want to install it on a 500 heli where i will use 2x 3s 3000mah in series,so i will have 6s. Can anyone please explain me how to wire this ubec. I think i know how,but i want to be sure i am right. So i will stick red wire of the ubec to the red wire of the esc where the battery connect in,and back one to the black one. With the exit of the ubec i will connect it to my nazah,instead using the esc exit wire( power source from esc).
Please let me know if i am right.
xstranger is offline Find More Posts by xstranger
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2014, 01:33 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,087 Posts
Yes but don't forget to take out the red wire from your esc to your RX or FBL
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2014, 04:11 PM
Joined Nov 2007
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Yes but don't forget to take out the red wire from your esc to your RX or FBL
I was planning not to use the esc cable at all ( all 3 of them ---red-black-and signal). If i am correctly from as you said, i must remove only the red cable and use the esc cable (black and signal only) along with the ubec. Where should i plug in the ubec in naza h ,and where the esc cable with the 2 remaining cable ? Sorry for my silly questions,but i don`t want to burn out something
Old May 04, 2014, 09:10 PM
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Dec 2012
719 Posts
Don't cut the wire. Just use a tiny screwdriver to lift the tab keeping the plug in there
Mapoff is offline Find More Posts by Mapoff
Old May 04, 2014, 09:11 PM
Joined Dec 2012
719 Posts
You also only need to lift the power on the throttle from the ESC. Also I wouldn't even do that and simply use governor mode and bypass the naza.
Old May 05, 2014, 02:04 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,087 Posts
It sounds like he has a Multi and not a 450, but that is OK! I know the guy's over there are not that helpfull. It is like they have some sort of secret.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2014, 02:57 PM
Joined Dec 2012
719 Posts
Who acts like they have a secret? I know anyone doing aerial sure likes to brag when they finally dial something in but never offer help. I on the other hand keep it fun and spread what I know.
Old May 05, 2014, 07:40 PM
Joined Nov 2007
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapoff View Post
You also only need to lift the power on the throttle from the ESC. Also I wouldn't even do that and simply use governor mode and bypass the naza.
Thanks man for the advice...
Old May 06, 2014, 09:07 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,087 Posts
Quote:
Who acts like they have a secret? I know anyone doing aerial sure likes to brag when they finally dial something in but never offer help. I on the other hand keep it fun and spread what I know.
I am the same way, but I think a lot of the multi guys are just looking at it from a business standpoint. It took me three post and a month just to find out if I could plug in all my ESC's with the red wires into the control board lol! Making home improvements have to find room for everything lol!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2014, 09:36 PM
Joined Dec 2012
719 Posts
Not to derail the naza topic, I have that same frame with some hobbyking motors. It screams. I wrapped it with red and blue LEDs and makes a killer night flyer.
Old May 06, 2014, 10:10 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,087 Posts
Quote:
Not to derail the naza topic, I have that same frame with some hobbyking motors. It screams. I wrapped it with red and blue LEDs and makes a killer night flyer.
Same! I had some Hard drive motors and had one fail on me. These all came from Infinity Hobby. I am still using the KK 2.0 board with the display. It's not upgraded so if you switch to the auto stable on It reverses one of the motors lol! I fly helicopters so I don't need the auto stable lol!

To put this back on Naza I want to get one to replace the KK board. That is why I keep watching this.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2014, 07:59 AM
China, Shanghai
Joined May 2011
1,078 Posts
gains and oscillations

I've read all I could about gains, but I am now lost as to which ones to raise or lower to solve my problem.

First my setup:
NAZA H with GPS
Scale Black Hawk with TRex 500 mechanics
FBL 4 bladed head.
Throttle bypasses the Naza, and is under governor control.

The NAZA setup went fine and everything is working. Only 2 things that I never got to work - the GPS calibration: it goes into calibration mode, goes through the first step fine, 360deg turn, but after the second step the LED just keeps blinking red. However, she acquires all satelites and holds position and altitude very well. The second thing was the Auto Trim - spent one whole Lipo worth of a flight and the LED never changed.

All flight modes work very well and in GPS the bird holds position and altitude very well. However, I have a very heavy pitching especially during a hover. If I'm moving along and doing circuits she seems stable enough. But if hovering or almost stoped she starts bobbing back and forth, sometimes so much I think she's about to go. Get her to start moving and she quiets down.

Between Basic and Advanced, I'm not sure anymore which gain to tweek - Gain, Agility or Stick Delay in Basic or Velocity Tracking under Advanced. Also not sure why there are two settings for Vertical under velocity tracking - one says it's for eliminating static error and the other for improving velocity tracking.

Attached are some pics of my Basic and Advanced Gains in the hope that one of you can point me in the right direction. It's really a bother one cannot assign a knob to change the gains in flight like on the NAZA M for multirotors. This would really help to find the sweet spot quickly or at least understand more waht each gain does.
gadorey is online now Find More Posts by gadorey
Last edited by gadorey; May 25, 2014 at 08:14 AM.
Old May 25, 2014, 09:14 AM
Romania
Joined Jan 2009
234 Posts
1.you can not calibrate the compass due the magnets of the canopy.
2.Leave the gains on default,must work.This phenomenon can occur because of low speed of the tail rotor.My gains on Gaui X4 ll,on AS350 fusse.
takeoff2 is online now Find More Posts by takeoff2
Old May 25, 2014, 09:30 AM
China, Shanghai
Joined May 2011
1,078 Posts
Takeoff, thanks.
That's interesting - why would a low tail rotor speed cause oscillation in pitch? Just trying to understand the mechanics behind it.
gadorey is online now Find More Posts by gadorey
Old May 25, 2014, 09:44 AM
Romania
Joined Jan 2009
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadorey View Post
Takeoff, thanks.
That's interesting - why would a low tail rotor speed cause oscillation in pitch? Just trying to understand the mechanics behind it.
There can be many causes,but think how does a gyroscope when the rotation speed decreases.It happened to me, I increased the speed of rottor and I got rid of the problem.
takeoff2 is online now Find More Posts by takeoff2