HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2014, 06:33 AM
Radio-active flyer
Canada, ON, Port Hope
Joined Apr 2012
1,048 Posts
Millerr, charge rates of 1C are a definite plus for battery longevity.

Battery pack capacity will have a lot to do with life expectancy in regards to discharge rates. Don't forget, a 2600 mah pack trying to provide a full 35 amps to this motor running flat out is discharging at a rate of 13.5C. Likewise a larger cap battery such as a 3200 pack is discharging at 10.9C. It simply means that the smaller pack is working harder to provide the current at all throttle settings. Which brings to point the stated "C" ratings on battery packs. There is a lot of discussion around this subject and the consensus I get from all that discussion is to be very wary of stated C ratings, especially with lower end packs. That thread link I provided goes into great depth about this particular topic. Well worth the time to sift through it if the subject matter interests you.

While on the subject of battery packs and charging etc, I just added a Power Lab 6 from Revolectrix to my tool kit this year, and am most impressed with this chargers performance. Anybody contemplating a new charger, I would recommend checking into these. Tons of power, I can easily charge 6 of my 4 cell 3200's in parallel at one time at a rate of 1C if I had a big enough DC power supply to provide the input amps and voltage. Great diagnostics too, with a USB link one can monitor a lot of the charging data in graphs.

http://www.revolectrix.com/index.htm
Rem Fodder is online now Find More Posts by Rem Fodder
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2014, 09:16 PM
United States, WV, St Albans
Joined Jun 2011
1,646 Posts
It was dreary here today, but there was zero wind, so flying I went.

Jim
WVrailfan is online now Find More Posts by WVrailfan
Old Aug 17, 2014, 09:29 PM
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Mar 2014
62 Posts
Wow Jim! Just awesome. Makes me want we want to get a new kit and modify it like crazy!
DeLaReef123 is online now Find More Posts by DeLaReef123