HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:05 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
993 Posts
Discussion
hk 450 tail advise..

I,m building a hk450 heli, just fitted the tail gear box, its all alloy so thought it would be a good idear to thread lock all the screws.....bad idear, the tail became very stiff! have removed the thread lock and is now smooth running but am a bit concerned that the screws could shake loose, can anyone advise on the procedure of what should be thread locked on the tail? and how smooth running it should be?

Thanks for any replies.
ripmax is offline Find More Posts by ripmax
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2011, 10:32 AM
Joined Oct 2008
105 Posts
Tip,, this forum is for (( large helicopters...))
DCT1 is offline Find More Posts by DCT1
Old Nov 03, 2011, 04:19 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
993 Posts
hmmmmm ok, very sorry.
Old Nov 03, 2011, 04:20 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
993 Posts
compaired to my micro heli this one is large
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:48 AM
Joined Oct 2008
105 Posts
I see your point!!! LOL
DCT1 is offline Find More Posts by DCT1
Old Nov 05, 2011, 10:59 AM
Team Daedalus
Joined Jun 2008
1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripmax View Post
I,m building a hk450 heli, just fitted the tail gear box, its all alloy so thought it would be a good idear to thread lock all the screws.....bad idear, the tail became very stiff! have removed the thread lock and is now smooth running but am a bit concerned that the screws could shake loose, can anyone advise on the procedure of what should be thread locked on the tail? and how smooth running it should be?

Thanks for any replies.
If you screw the moving parts in too far you can effect geometry. So, looking from the rear, check your Tail rotor connector. It needs to be parallel to the boom and shaft (I'm a noob but this is what I did) That part off angle, to tight is a place to look. Also, have the many parts in the tail rotor connector in proper order. I locktited everything but making sure correct geometry and smooth movement.

Also the pitch slider arms can fold in >< and bind. This can go back to screws being a different depths.

I loosened everything. Then slowly tightened until it was square and freely moving. Then locktited. Go rid of the arms bending in by moving the grips in <1mm on the tail shaft.

Hope you got some ideas. I bought the Align metal tail rotor connector but am replacing that with a Tarot tail.

Sorry, for the off forum post. Trying to help.

T
Wolveslayr is offline Find More Posts by Wolveslayr
Old Nov 08, 2011, 01:51 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
993 Posts
Thanks.