HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 30, 2007, 05:42 AM
Western Pennsylvania
Joined Oct 2004
797 Posts
Discussion
Rear tail rotor housing HBFP

Hope someone can help with this problem. I had to replace the rear tail rotor housing on my HBFP. After installing the new housing and placing the rear motor back in the new housing I noticed a binding in the mesh between the motor pinion and gear/prop assembly. Since there is no way to adjust the 2 tiny screws to adjust the mesh, what should I do next? If I loosen the screws just slightly all seems fine but I'm afraid the screws will work loose and fall out during flight. I'm not over tightening the screws when I install the motor, the screws were hardly that tight when I started to take off the old mount. Any ideas or help are appreciated.

Norm66
Norm66 is offline Find More Posts by Norm66
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2007, 07:06 AM
HB FP 3 First Heli
Indiana
Joined May 2007
34 Posts
Those are some small screws

Hi Norm66,

Yeah I lost my screws one night in the garage and it was a bear finding them. I might suggest that the main gear may be on reversed. You can look at the hub and see that one side has more backspacing then the other. Try reversing it. For reference my hub has the smallest portion next to the bearing. I found there is also a little slop in the housing holes, you may be able to move the motor back a little, otherwise you may have to just enlarge the holes.

good luck
tim
Pattern2Heli is offline Find More Posts by Pattern2Heli
Old May 30, 2007, 08:17 AM
Western Pennsylvania
Joined Oct 2004
797 Posts
Tim, thanks for the help and the tip on enlarging the hole...never gave that a thought. According to your description my main gear is on properly.

Your right about those little screws and washers, they'd be a bear to find in a garage. Outside....forget it!!!

Thanks

Norm66
Old May 30, 2007, 09:56 AM
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
You can also try just using one screw for the tail rotor. Mine popped out after a crash and I only found 1. Actually thought there was only 1 until I stepped on the other one a week later. But if you only use one screw, you can actually tilt the motor a bit to give your pinions more room. Has worked for me so far. Just use blue loctite to keep it from popping off.
mckolit is offline Find More Posts by mckolit
Old May 30, 2007, 10:21 AM
Western Pennsylvania
Joined Oct 2004
797 Posts
mckolit, thanks, yet another good idea.

Norm66