HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2014, 09:59 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,102 Posts
Trader Rating: 147
As soon as I saw his post with all the cameras, I knew something was up and noped my way out of there. Hopefully he mans up and makes it right
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2014, 07:39 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,917 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Unordered in this context means no order or agreement for similar goods existed at all, not the delivery of mistaken, similar goods under an existing agreement or order!

Context is everything!

In many states, it is a crime to convert goods delivered by mistake, as opposed to goods not ordered, but intentionally delivered!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Jun 16, 2014, 07:41 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twco View Post
If you have correspondence of the shipping of the wrong producta nd it show him selling on the internet, I think there's a law against stuff like this and think since the money crossed state lines it becomes a felony. At least I know in the trucking biz it is.
State lines are immaterial, so long as an interstate instrumentality, wire or mail, is used.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 07:51 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,917 Posts
Unsolicited goods, part of a scheme to sell, are covered by FTC rules.
Last edited by JohnathanSwift; Jun 16, 2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:19 AM
Joined Sep 2013
160 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Q. What should I do if the unordered merchandise I received was the result of an honest shipping error?
A. Write the seller and offer to return the merchandise, provided the seller pays for postage and handling. Give the seller a specific and reasonable amount of time (say 30 days) to pick up the merchandise or arrange to have it returned at no expense to you. Tell the seller that you reserve the right to keep the merchandise or dispose of it after the specified time has passed.

He did not give us a specific and reasonable amount of time. He promised to return, but turned us down once he received the right package as replacement from us. We did contact him several times and be willing to cover the shipping cost for returning, but he just was not willing to return the items and claimed that he had the right to keep and sell them.

In this case, I'm afraid we have to let him go. Sending this thread is to remind others not to buy from him.

SurveilZone is honest seller, if there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to contact us. We have online chat, or can email to info@surveilzone.com
SurveilZone is offline Find More Posts by SurveilZone
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:26 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,917 Posts
Dude, contact the attorney general in his state and the postmaster. If you need help, send an e mail address by pm.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:56 AM
Master Deg. of "In Training"
United States, CA, Visalia
Joined Jan 2014
124 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
I knew about FTC rule and pride myself as a good honest man and to be honest I was hoping no one would post the FTC rule.

Its a sad day when we throw common decency out and capitalize on human error which my effect another persons livelihood.
twco is online now Find More Posts by twco
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Time gets on...
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:03 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,917 Posts
Dude, this doesn't fall under the rule for unsolicited sales! This was solicited by the guy wrongly taking advantage.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 05:24 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2013
2,118 Posts
Trader Rating: 65
I posted it, this unfortunately allows him to get away with his dirty deeds. J. Swift, this unfortunately does fall under the unsolicited category. It's simply bad on him that he doesn't return it. Years ago, there was an ad on TV , it was an Alaskan Eskimo who received a fan and kept it even though he ordered something else entirely. The moral was indicated as if you receive something you did not order in the mail, you are legally allowed to keep it. The ad ended with the Eskimo sitting next to his fan, freezing cold inside an igloo with his new toy, a fan that he got to keep etc. I recently received merchandise from a merchant that I didn't order, I was reminded by the merchant that he was glad I was returning as the law was on my side. It's not right, I don't believe in it, but it is law and once something is legally yours, you can sell it, keep it or destroy it, your choice but the main point was to educate and notify others at RCG on this guy who burned one of our merchants. My suggestion is for Surveillance Zone to invoice and bill this guy, they may or may not collect but he knew what he was doing, he just won't have a positive rep now and this tells you a lot about someone's character when thinking of dealing in the future with him. Just my .02 and if I or the merchant who reminded me of the circumstances is wrong, please provide the necessary information to Surveillance Zone so they may pursue and if anyone wishes I remove the statement above, let me know and it will be done.
Waterbound is offline Find More Posts by Waterbound
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 17, 2014, 05:35 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurveilZone View Post
Theperson, he opened a thread on RCG to sell some cameras. The cameras he's selling are from SurveilZone.com.

We mixed up the package with his in the first place, we did make it up by sending out another parcel to him by fast shipping. He promised to ship out the parcel to the right customer in UK, but when he received the replacement parcel, he didn't send it to the UK customer and took the wrong parcel as his own and selling them on the forum. We contacted him and he refused to return the cameras to us.

All the cameras are in PAL system, please beware not to buy from him because the cameras he's selling are not protected by our product warranty.
There was an underlying order, solicited by the dude who got the wrong one.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 05:37 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,489 Posts
Trader Rating: 1136
I didn't want to say anything, but I think that's a law that should stay a secret...
punkindrublik is online now Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Holy Tiny Transmitter Batman
Old Jun 17, 2014, 06:08 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,473 Posts
Trader Rating: 62
I think the FTC post should stand, just to check the integrity of posters who know it's morally wrong to keep stuff sent by mistake, even though the "law" says otherwise.

Few (if any) of us think the recipient did the right thing, anyway. It doesn't seem to be working so well for him, does it ?
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Water Sports
Old Jun 17, 2014, 06:19 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,489 Posts
Trader Rating: 1136
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
It doesn't seem to be working so well for him, does it ?
Yeah, but he can just disappear unless somebody gives up a name. It's not like he has anything to lose by closing that account. He may not sell cams here for a while, but he's still getting away with it and will probably pop-up under another username soon if he hasn't already.
punkindrublik is online now Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Holy Tiny Transmitter Batman
Old Jun 17, 2014, 06:19 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,917 Posts
It's very simple, the buyer solicited the underlying order, therefore the rule does not apply to this transaction.

Under the ucc, the buyer must hold the goods a reasonable during which the seller must make shipping arrangements. If a reasonable time passes, the buyer may treat the goods as abandoned by the seller.
Last edited by JohnathanSwift; Jun 17, 2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 08:10 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2013
2,118 Posts
Trader Rating: 65
Also from FTC site:

Q. What should I do if the unordered merchandise I received was the result of an honest shipping error?

A. Write the seller and offer to return the merchandise, provided the seller pays for postage and handling. Give the seller a specific and reasonable amount of time (say 30 days) to pick up the merchandise or arrange to have it returned at no expense to you. Tell the seller that you reserve the right to keep the merchandise or dispose of it after the specified time has passed.

Mistakes made were that another shipment was sent prior to receiving the original shipment back into inventory but they know that and that was the merchant just trying to correct what went wrong. It's unfortunately the cost of a mistake in shipping and the cost of running a business, personally I would pursue legally but almost assuredly the cost in legal expenses isn't worth it so we are left with a RCG user to avoid for future transactions if chosen.

I'm only quoting the FTC rules based on my recent experiences, either way rule or no rule, anyone that has been raised with decent morals would have done the 'correct' action and returned the merchandise.. Again, my .02
Waterbound is offline Find More Posts by Waterbound
RCG Plus Member