HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2014, 12:57 AM
Sweden, Stockholm
Joined Jul 2012
261 Posts
It's completely unfathomable to me that a country's national mail carrier can have an item accepted in their capital airport freight center and almost a month later, it's not even started moving away from there.
XeCutor is offline Find More Posts by XeCutor
Last edited by XeCutor; Aug 06, 2014 at 03:21 AM. Reason: spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2014, 09:11 AM
Joined Jan 2006
2,378 Posts
Thanks PayPal !

"We've decided in your favor and will issue you a refund."
stanordave is offline Find More Posts by stanordave
Old Aug 06, 2014, 09:42 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeCutor View Post
It's completely unfathomable to me that a country's national mail carrier can have an item accepted in their capital airport freight center and almost a month later, it's not even started moving away from there.
I'm in no way excusing anyone for this ridiculous delay, however, one must realize that most (if not all) of these shipments have been designated "hazardous" (very stupid for many items) and must go by surface transport. I'm merely trying to explain that they will NOT send a container on a ship with only a few boxes in it. If you were a shipping company, would you?
Now, the biggest stupidity is that HobbyKing would choose and make a deal with POS when there are other ways to ship hazardous goods faster.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Aug 06, 2014, 10:22 AM
Sweden, Stockholm
Joined Jul 2012
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
I'm in no way excusing anyone for this ridiculous delay, however, one must realize that most (if not all) of these shipments have been designated "hazardous" (very stupid for many items) and must go by surface transport. I'm merely trying to explain that they will NOT send a container on a ship with only a few boxes in it. If you were a shipping company, would you?
Now, the biggest stupidity is that HobbyKing would choose and make a deal with POS when there are other ways to ship hazardous goods faster.
I could in a way understand that, and the shipment does have a few 1s 300mah lipos in it too. But even so, if they put the shipment on a boat, that should show as a trace of it having left the freight center, right? Right now it's been idling there for close to a month.

To add insult to injury, my latest order (some nylon bolts and 4 brushless motors - not what you would call hazardous goods) was sent with malaysian post too. I find that hard to excuse given how useless malaysian post seem to be, that's just hobbyking being s**tty towards their customers out of incompetence (wrong classification of their items) or for cost reasons.
XeCutor is offline Find More Posts by XeCutor
Old Aug 06, 2014, 12:08 PM
Slow Flyer
Joined Sep 2011
36 Posts
My replacement order (shipped through FedEx) had a huge sticker on it that stated Danger: Lipo batteries inside. Even though the only thing in it was some servos, a motor, and a speed control.
NC E30 is offline Find More Posts by NC E30
Old Aug 06, 2014, 12:45 PM
Joined Aug 2014
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
I'm in no way excusing anyone for this ridiculous delay, however, one must realize that most (if not all) of these shipments have been designated "hazardous" (very stupid for many items) and must go by surface transport.
If that was true, why did HobbyKing sell me a service called "International (Registered) Air Mail 2kg Lipo US$39.99"? Where I am from, it is illegal to sell one thing, and deliver something totaly different...

I've been waiting for two and a half months for this package now, AND another one, shiped at the same time, only containing wires and plugs. The only thing they have in common is Pos Malaysia.
Staasy is offline Find More Posts by Staasy
Old Aug 06, 2014, 01:34 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2006
430 Posts
I have one parcel delayed months from Malaysia, basically call it lost, and the upcoming one is over 35 days, now, i am sure it is lost, just wait a week to claim from paypal. And last order was not even shipped from HK, and take three week now to get refund.

Very frustrated with HK, they lose everything, delay everything, and everything they do take you 5 request to start.
Complete waste of time!! Their price is not as good, I already stopped order airplane from HK since 2 years back, now it seems better not order anything from them, even they look like a one-stop supplier, but they don't even bother to ship your order, then why still send them order.
modelerchina is offline Find More Posts by modelerchina
Old Aug 06, 2014, 01:56 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeCutor View Post
if they put the shipment on a boat, that should show as a trace of it having left the freight center, right? Right now it's been idling there for close to a month.
It won't go onto the boat till the container is full and even after it's "on the boat", tracking may not show any progress till it lands on friendly shores. For all it's big, modern cities, Malaysia can still be considered a 2nd world country, slow and sometimes backwards in many respects.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Aug 06, 2014, 04:48 PM
Philippines, NCR, QC
Joined Apr 2014
95 Posts
Once POS Malaysia figures out where the item should go and marked it for shipping, the tracking status should change from "Item posted over the counter" to "Item sent to *yournearestport* FRGN SURFACE MAIL DSTRBTION CTR" (this also tells you it's going by boat and not by plane) even before it hits the pallet/container going on the boat. It may sit at their warehouse for years and it would still say "Item sent...". I had my guy in Malaysia ask them about this. It just means it's cleared to go out and "booked" on a certain shipment. If it actually goes out is a whole different story altogether.

The next update is reliant on the feed from the receiving port. Usually this appears as "Item arrived *yourcountry*" on the POS MY tracking site. At that point, it's up to your country's customs service and postal system.

What irks me is that I was lead to believe it'll go by plane after selecting and paying for a specific shipping option. My previous transactions with HK has not made me think it would go otherwise. If I knew this might happen, I would've arranged my orders in such a way wherein the items I want to get within a specific time frame would go on a shipping option which has less turn around time.

Simply put, I'm not getting what I paid for in terms of shipping. Sure, the given rates might be actually cheaper because of the bulk deals HK and POS MY has but the expectations set by HK is far from reality.

An advisory would've shown that HK is on top of it or even aware of the situation. It would definitely lessen the escalations HKCSNYC is getting if the customers were given a heads up. It's too late to issue one now though.
alexraz is online now Find More Posts by alexraz
Old Aug 27, 2014, 01:57 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Dec 2007
22 Posts
Hobby King

I would strongly recommend giving second thought to anyone in placing an order to HOBBY KING from the USA.
I placed an order for LIFe batteries and a charger 7/08/14.
Hobby King said the order was sent to the "Foreign Center, Jersey City, NJ" it will be a long time, if ever, until you receive shipment.
Hobbiy King said it was shipped, the USPS said it has not.
No satisfaction communicating with Hobby King, the only thing I received from them was a lot of frustration.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f...TID=57411&PN=3
IOM Sailor is offline Find More Posts by IOM Sailor