HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2013, 02:30 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_webb View Post
As always, a really nice airplane. I'd love to have your skills! Do you ever mess up?
JA! every time..... but try to learn about. Screw it every time, and have to fix it, not only on building planes. building guitars, with my wife, my family, i always screw it, but try to do not do it again...
colibriguitars is offline Find More Posts by colibriguitars
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:14 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,543 Posts
"There is no shame in making a mistake - the shame is in repeating it!"

Rodrigo; in France people are generally very polite in the way they address strangers, "Monsieur", "Madame", "Mam'selle". Although Mam'selle was originally used as the form of address for a younger, unmarried, lady, today it is more often used if addressing quite young females; once ladies reach the age where they might well be married it is safer - and normal - to address them as Madame.
Sundancer is online now Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:40 AM
Southampton, UK
Joined May 2007
792 Posts
I have always assumed that mamselle is short for mademoiselle which is french for "miss" as in unmarried lady ( young or otherwise ).

nice build and finish - look forward to a utube maiden

john
John38 is offline Find More Posts by John38
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:52 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John38 View Post
I have always assumed that mamselle is short for mademoiselle which is french for "miss" as in unmarried lady ( young or otherwise ).

nice build and finish - look forward to a utube maiden

john
Quite correct John, it is a contraction of mademoiselle, reflecting the way the word is normally pronounced. However, the point I was making was that, whilst usage for an unmarried lady of any age WAS the case, it is now more normal to only use the term for young females, and is normal - and more courteous - to address any unfamiliar lady of marriageable age, in the first place, as "Madame". In the UK I guess "Miss" for the same group of people has largely been replaced by the politically correct and horrible "Ms", for which there appears (thankfully) to be no equivalent in French - yet!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:48 PM
Belgium, Walloon Region, Arrondissement of Mons
Joined Feb 2013
88 Posts
It's a very beautiful aircraft.
Ptilou is offline Find More Posts by Ptilou
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:32 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,270 Posts
Hi Guys!
Still on balancing process, still need some more nose weight, i think she will be at 350grs. BUT GETING CLOSER!!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 01:49 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,484 Posts
CB, are you putting the tissue on top of mylar or Duculam?
Using dope, or laquer (non model) or a water base?
Looks great.
John
JohnAV8R is online now Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:27 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,270 Posts
Hi John!!
Good you like it!

Well, i use Doculam, i get 27µ mate, and tissue over, BUT i use some UHU Stick to keep the tissue on place, i use it a lot on borders of wings. then apply the wet tissue and dope.
The fuselage is not filmed (no doculam on it) just wet tissue and UHU Stick and dope.
Hope it helps.
if you need more help, i can make a video showing how i do it.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:32 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,484 Posts
Thanks CB. If you have time, I'm sure we would all benefit from any information you’d like to share with us.

The more information and techniques available to the builder, the better the build.

I’ll add this kind of information to the folder:
Laminating films for model covering

John
Old Mar 18, 2013, 01:39 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,270 Posts
Time for Maiden!!!

Right now is midnight, but tomorrow looks very nice for a maiden!

The plane is done, 346 grams ready to fly, now is balanced (i hope) and needed 20 grams of weight on nose.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 02:03 AM
Dog is my co-pilot
Joined Jan 2004
973 Posts
Nicely done! Good luck on the maiden.
brokenspar is offline Find More Posts by brokenspar
Old Mar 18, 2013, 03:27 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,543 Posts
Great job Rodrigo. Very best of luck with the maiden flight - don't rush it, wait for the right conditions and PLEASE don't fly so low!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:54 AM
South Africa
Joined Feb 2009
2,734 Posts
Beautifull Good luck with the maiden
owlsabie is online now Find More Posts by owlsabie
Old Mar 18, 2013, 01:10 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,484 Posts
Rodrigo, your model looks great. I really like the trim and lettering. Keep it in one piece and have a successful maiden flight. Looking forward to the video. Best of luck.
John
Old Mar 18, 2013, 01:12 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,270 Posts
Hi Guys!!!!

FLYIES GREAT!!!

Two times tried to take of from ground, but she start to spin... so Hand launch, strait and gain attitude easy, almost at the end of the field, need to turn to left, OK! some more attitude... good. dual rates are in low..... elevator is not good enough, switch to hi rates, better, turn of the motor..... y add some beeps on rudder, she wants to go to the left. all ok! BIG SMILE she glides as a nice girl on nice lingerie time to land.... very easy. adjusting the dual rates. done! next hand launch, full throttle and she climbs at 20 degrees. try a loop.... no! the rudder area maybe is to small...... even with hi rates she can not make a loop. no matter, she flies great at low speed. turn off the motor..... i can land with no power!!!

Some pics: