SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:53 PM
Joined May 2010
44 Posts
Discussion
ESC brushless 60amp wires

Hi guys i have a 60amp brushless esc. I have also got a 540 brushless 12T motor. The wires were not included.

I want to extend the wires from the ESC to the motor. Which wires do i use? Is this a simple case of getting 14 awg wires and extend all 3 wires to my desired length and then simple case of solder, OR do i need ESC extention cables?

Since the cables were not provided with the motor would it be ideal to solder the wires from the motor and then connect to the esc with bullet connectors.

What is the best option?

Thanks
sliderguy is offline Find More Posts by sliderguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:59 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,819 Posts
Just use the same gauge wire that the ESC came with and you'll be fine.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:32 PM
Joined May 2010
44 Posts
I have terminates on the brush-less motor. Its just the case of soldering the 3 wires per terminal. Would i need to heat shrink each terminal?
sliderguy is offline Find More Posts by sliderguy
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:32 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliderguy View Post
I have terminates on the brush-less motor. Its just the case of soldering the 3 wires per terminal. Would i need to heat shrink each terminal?
Heat shrink at the motor terminals really isn't needed since they're static but couldn't hurt.Insulating any loose connector ends is a must however.

hope this helps
imgumby
imgumby is online now Find More Posts by imgumby