HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2014, 08:29 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
1,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier View Post
Is it just my computer or are other people seeing titles and meassages with letters missing?Like this:
Dayoon shows up on my pc as Dar oon and MassiveOverkill shows up as assiveOverkill. When I type, a lot of letters are missing too, but when I save, all the letters are there an all the posts are readable.I show up on my computer as sirius lier.
I had that exact problem. Shockingly it was my monitor. Vizio auto-updated and changed a setting in the picture settings. Sorry but I can't remember which setting. Maybe sharpness.
cyberbillp is online now Find More Posts by cyberbillp
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2014, 09:42 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,360 Posts
Thanks yberbillp, I was messing with my monitor a couple of days ago, may have to check it, but if it was what I did, it should have started right after I did it. It doesn't seem to be affecting any other websites, jut RCGroups. Kind of irritatating, when II type the wsentence up to the end of RCGroups, only 58 letters show up on my message.
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Aug 22, 2014, 07:16 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1,088 Posts
The only websites it happened on for me were RC Groups and DIY Drones. All other sites were fine. I think it is the font they use in rendering which comes out one pixel wide on certain letters. All the I and L and periods and exclamation points were missing and the dots under the question marks. Those were the most apparent problems, but other letters vanished as well. I was really really shocked to find out it was the monitor.
cyberbillp is online now Find More Posts by cyberbillp
Old Aug 22, 2014, 08:14 AM
Learning to fly without wings
United States, LA, Mandeville
Joined Jun 2014
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
75 grams. EOX 1150 mAh is 55 grams.

http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/...-2s-lipo-.html

It fits the EOX if you cut the front or rear battery holder wall out. It's just shy of fitting the V262 tray width-wise.
FYI - in your description of the this battery you call it an 1150mah battery instead of 1500.
BayouLSU is offline Find More Posts by BayouLSU
Old Aug 22, 2014, 08:18 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouLSU View Post
FYI - in your description of the this battery you call it an 1150mah battery instead of 1500.
Thanks and fixed!
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RC Logger Eye One Xtreme
Old Aug 22, 2014, 02:11 PM
Foam Newbie
Melbourne, FL
Joined Sep 2010
362 Posts
Wow, 75g and it's 1500 mah? The gforce 1300mah I just received weighs 72g.

Btw, bit of a pig on the EOX, and I can't carry the 808.
Jefte is offline Find More Posts by Jefte
Old Aug 22, 2014, 02:47 PM
Joined Jun 2014
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefte View Post
Wow, 75g and it's 1500 mah? The gforce 1300mah I just received weighs 72g.

Btw, bit of a pig on the EOX, and I can't carry the 808.
Really? I'm using that gforce 1300mah battery and i have an 808,250mW vtx with heat sink attached, circular polarized antenna, 1s 250mah battery, and lvc alarm. While it is heavy, it flies fine, nice n smooth.

What props do you use? I use the HQ6045s
Old Aug 22, 2014, 03:46 PM
Foam Newbie
Melbourne, FL
Joined Sep 2010
362 Posts
What's your AUW, Bayou?

Same gear as you, and the pfg carbon frame shaves ~7g from stock weight. I haven't put both the 1300 and the 808 in the air at once, because on my scale at home it was over 315g AUW (the manufacturer recommended maximum weight).

Without the 808 it flew like a piggy. It flew ok, had an unscheduled landing due to not being used to the weight. High speed banked turns made me nervous around obstacles because the extra inertia has a tendency to "slide" the quad outward.
Jefte is offline Find More Posts by Jefte
Old Aug 22, 2014, 04:07 PM
Joined Jun 2014
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefte View Post
What's your AUW, Bayou?

Same gear as you, and the pfg carbon frame shaves ~7g from stock weight. I haven't put both the 1300 and the 808 in the air at once, because on my scale at home it was over 315g AUW (the manufacturer recommended maximum weight).

Without the 808 it flew like a piggy. It flew ok, had an unscheduled landing due to not being used to the weight. High speed banked turns made me nervous around obstacles because the extra inertia has a tendency to "slide" the quad outward.
I dont have a scale so idk how much it all weighs :/

I'm using pretty much the exact same fpv setup on the eox as Romeo with a few differences. I have stock frame and a different heat sink.

The 1300mah battery made a big difference in the flight characteristics of the eox but it just took some getting used to. Now i like the heavier feel of the eox with the 1300 and all the fpv gear. Though I am scared shless everytime i fly it now and have a nerveous stomach and sweaty palms while flying. I would hate to crash this guy after putting all this equipment on it lol
Old Aug 22, 2014, 04:10 PM
Joined Jun 2014
235 Posts
Plus im currently a terrible fpv pilot
Old Aug 23, 2014, 09:51 AM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,360 Posts
cyberbillp, thanks for suggesting that the monitor settings might have been changed causing the problems I was having veiwing RCGroups. It took some time messing with those settings and trying other things, but I finally got it fixed. What fixed it finally was resetting the screen resolution to 1440 x 900 pixels.
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Aug 24, 2014, 08:02 PM
Switching to guns!!!
Littleton, CO
Joined Dec 2009
281 Posts
Romeo, didn't know if you had seen this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQProp View Post
Bullnose 5X4.5 will be available soon.
Regards,
Feng
They're essentially cut-down 6045's like Soma and the like have been doing on the WarpQuad. Good for when you need 6045 performance, but in a 5" prop.
CO_rcDude is online now Find More Posts by CO_rcDude
Old Aug 24, 2014, 08:10 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,971 Posts
I saw that...........good option for the Diatone frames and mounting the cage up top.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RC Logger Eye One Xtreme
Old Aug 24, 2014, 08:29 PM
Switching to guns!!!
Littleton, CO
Joined Dec 2009
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
I saw that...........good option for the Diatone frames and mounting the cage up top.
My thoughts exactly!

PS - Had my DT250 maiden today.
CO_rcDude is online now Find More Posts by CO_rcDude