Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:11 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
Discussion
Feedback

At one time I railed against a buyer not giving feedback. I have been to some meetings lately and am now reformed and have changed my ways. Feedback works both ways, duh . I recently sold a plane for parts basicly but could have very well been easily fixed. Guy buys it and sends me a PM telling me "Wow, super fast shipping, as discribed and It was easy to fix quickly and thank's". Zero feedback from him even after 3 Nice easy request for some even after sending him the (www.rcgroups.com) stuff you have to enter to prove the deal. One month, nothin. Is this a good type of trader to sell to? Dave
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:44 PM
Changing one life at a time...
United States, NJ, Pemberton Township
Joined Aug 2010
381 Posts
Trader Rating: 104
Deleted due to poor short term reading skills...

DUH, just reread your post, you did ask. And it is strange that they didn't respond. Relates to that thread about involvement during the sale and then they disappear. I and others are having trouble getting responses from people who have active sales so, maybe this kind of thing is an indicator of something not good. It is difficult to work with someone who doesn't communicate or follow through. I would probably not seek them out to do future business with them.
JimStanmore is online now Find More Posts by JimStanmore
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimStanmore; Oct 06, 2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:46 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,863 Posts
Trader Rating: 382
It happens.
Myself, imperfect, forgetful and Human.

I started off leaving feedback all the time, regardless if I received it or not. A couple or few years ago I stopped and would only leave feedback once I received it. Recently I started again leaving all feedback as both sides of a Trader all the time, no matter what and I personally feel better again.

Yes, it can be frustrating at times. We think it should just happen, send reminders and yet sometimes it never happens. At this point, if not before, I just let it go and move on.

Oh, if one desires to consider trading with a member also based on feedback respect, it is easy to check their feedback as a percentage of feedback left to given. Some may surprise you.

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jcstalls; Oct 06, 2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: added, oh....
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:55 PM
Joined Aug 2010
381 Posts
Now you have me thinking that it is maybe not worth worrying about. They appear to have been OK throughout the deal. Feedback is a courtesy in some people's minds, for others it is their reputation. I just realized that I have a feedback to leave that has been on my to-do list so, I am leaving here and gonna take care of that :-)
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Housecleaning Time
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:06 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
I just completed a transaction and know the package has been delivered to the buyer. I've even left feedback for the buyer and sent a polite PM asking him to leave me feedback as well. I think for some once their feedback gets high enough they just don't care about giving or receiving it anymore, which can become a little frustrating to someone like me who is trying to build their reputation on here. As a buyer I make sure to leave feedback as soon as I receive an item and have a chance to test it if need be.
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:16 PM
Joined Aug 2010
381 Posts
Interesting to think about since it only takes a couple of minutes to leave feedback. Go to the thread, copy the URL, click on the person's name. Then a couple of selections, a few appropriate words, paste the URL and click. Done.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Housecleaning Time
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:45 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,089 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Wish I had feedback for all my deals here. Not easy to build it up when people don't leave it.
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:32 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,473 Posts
Trader Rating: 62
I get bummed about that also,and usually have given more than I get,but that fluctuates.....
I want to increase mine also,and I feel that feedback is the one final 'thank you' for a good deal.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Water Sports
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:38 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,915 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Going by the wording you gave as his message, he might have thought he'd provided you feedback -- it's sure feedbacky sounding. I'd bet money he had a low-to-nonexistant trader rating at that point - which ought'a say much about exactly what happened on his end.

I used to agonize over feedback on eBuy....but I was a member since its earliest days (before it became just another retail outlet or Ripoff Grand Central). I loathed the practice that has since become some sort've de rigeur standard - what I used to (& still) refer to as 'Feedback Hostage' wherein a seller refuses to provide good feedback until the buyer gives him a positive, first.

The way I thought of it, once I've promptly paid the total price - which I prided myself in always doing - I'd fulfilled my part of the contract, in spades, so what more could I have possibly done on my end? At that point, I should have gotten positive feedback from that seller! But Noooo-OOOOooooo. They won't say a damn thing in your stead until you've followed your own positive actions by kissing their ass a little too.

It finally boiled down to, I didn't give a fat frack whether they left me feedback or not. By then I had enough to show I was good to do business with, & keeping 100% positive was the only important element to me -- and I had no problems maintaining that. But I pointedly told anyone who asked that I didn't provide feedback until they did first, as I paid first, & would only too gladly reciprocate in kind. But the bottom line? None received, none given. Period.
Made for a helluva lot less 'paperwork', too.

If there's one thing ya learn as ya grow older, it's keep yer nose clean & don't sweat the small stuff.
OK, that's two things. See what a bargain you got? *LOL*
Peace.....OUT!
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:15 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,345 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
Yep, I understand the frustration. I just had 4 different transactions all be delivered within the last week, and have heard nothing from any of them. What feedback I do have, as a seller, is only a small fraction of what I have done.

I still give my end of the feedback, and just keep "walkin" and hopin someday they will remember to enter it.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:44 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
A poster above stated that the buyer's feedback was probably low...it was, 1...why wouldn't he want a 2?...I would be glad to give it to him IF he gave me a honest one, I believe this is an integral part of the deal on this kind of site, I won't but did consider giving him a neutral one because his part of the deal was not completed. But, the firestorm it would most likely create would not be good either way for both parties. I will never sell him anything again and I have parts he needs or he can order them from HK who are and will stay out of stock... Dave/ZZ
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:55 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,613 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstalls View Post
Oh, if one desires to consider trading with a member also based on feedback respect, it is easy to check their feedback as a percentage of feedback left to given. Some may surprise you.

Jared
I know I have forgotten to leave feedback for sellers in the past , but if I look at my rating it looks like the sellers have forgotten about me more often

It can be hard to keep track, because unlike on ebay there is no record on here that a transaction has taken place. So you have to search for the F/S thread in order to leave feedback.

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:14 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,915 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
A poster above stated that the buyer's feedback was probably low...it was, 1...why wouldn't he want a 2?...I would be glad to give it to him IF he gave me a honest one, I believe this is an integral part of the deal on this kind of site, I won't but did consider giving him a neutral one because his part of the deal was not completed. But, the firestorm it would most likely create would not be good either way for both parties. I will never sell him anything again and I have parts he needs or he can order them from HK who are and will stay out of stock... Dave/ZZ
I also noted that from the 'feedback-y' tone of his reply he might have, thru sheer naivete, thought he was providing feedback.
Wouldn't it be ironic to discover he's bad-mouthing you to his friends for being such a selfish lout in not providing him his well-deserved positive feedback, since he so graciously did for you?

Like said.....don't sweat the small stuff, life goes on.
What'll it matter a year from now?
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:22 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,863 Posts
Trader Rating: 382
When mention "honest one", feedback, it reveals to me about your higher integrity and the ways you live your life zeezee.

Yes, I hear you Pat. Your ratio is on the generous side. More important, you contributions and sharing with other members around the world that you have done for a decade, on at least here on RCG. More likely at least most of your life.

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jcstalls; Oct 06, 2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: added dufoo spellcheck
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:38 PM
List too Big for a Bucket!
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
418 Posts
Trader Rating: 50
I guess when your feedback gets to a certain number you don't loose as much sleep over it as you did in the beginning, after all...I would bet that if a negative transaction occured the other party would go out of their way to give that rating, so with that in mind a history of positive ratings is comforting enough. Personally, I always leave a rating and let the other person know that I left it and ask politely that they reciprocate. This is a topic that has been brought up many times in the forum. I would bet that at least 20% of a member's transactions receive no rating.
ww2collector is offline Find More Posts by ww2collector