HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2011, 09:12 PM
Expert Aircraft Basher
Atlanta, GA
Joined Jan 2011
639 Posts
Discussion
Power in search of plans

Hey guys, I've got a power system that I need to find a good scratch-match for... lol.

I've got a Turnigy 2730-1500, a 10A ESC, 610mAh 3S, and a bunch of GWS 7x3.5 props.

I was flying this setup on a 20" F-22 profile, but it wasn't fast enough and I ended up over-proping it with a APC 7x5... Needless to say it improved the speed but the ESC & battery were getting pretty darn hot after just around 3 min of WOT.

So I'm getting a more stout system for the F-22 and was hoping that the community could chime in with some ideas/links to some easy builds that would be appropriate for the aforementioned setup.

Thanks!
antmeeks is offline Find More Posts by antmeeks
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:26 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,572 Posts
Any of the single motor one sheeters will fly with that motor, in fact I think one of the OSB's has it on right now. Click on my user name to go to my blog for links to the plans. It will also work on most all the SEMFF combat foamies (some get a bit heavy for a 1500kv setup). I fly my bbP51 on a Blu wonder which is essentially same as yours. A 30" span OshKosh Special is a nice traditional looking plane that will fly with it. Depends on what you're looking for. gpw's skyray is a nice delta warbird that will work It's another profile and easy build. Pretty much anything in the 5-10 ounce range.
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2011, 07:54 AM
Expert Aircraft Basher
Atlanta, GA
Joined Jan 2011
639 Posts
Very cool designs, springer - thanks for the ideas!
antmeeks is offline Find More Posts by antmeeks