HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2010, 01:04 AM
United States, OH, North Olmsted
Joined Feb 2009
126 Posts
New Product
New version 3 of the BlitzRCWorks F-22 Raptor w/ retracts

Did anyone notice the new version 3 of the BlitzRCWorks F-22 Raptor w/ retracts? Very nice with retracts. See picture below on the new revision. What is this linkage set up, one servo for both the ailerons and elevators, tuff to see in the picture? The older pictures show two servos (one for ale and one for elev) if you go to their site.

Thanks.
Steam28 is offline Find More Posts by Steam28
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2010, 10:39 PM
Buzz Run Extraordinare!
USA, MI, Sanford
Joined Jul 2006
2,371 Posts
retracts aren't something to scream about, nor is the combination of the 2 servos into 1. The plane will not gain an ounce of speed, due to the retract weight, it's definitely something i wouldn't buy if i already had 1. And the fact they combined the 2 servos is more dangerous than good. Servos can fail at any time, whether on the ground because of too much torque due to a stuck control, or in the air due to overtorque. It is actually better to have 4 servos. That way, if something happens to an aileron servo or elevator servo, you can still land, countering with aileron or elevator, or without effect in aileon failure. With this, if your servo fails, then there is no way to land. the plane, with elevator or aileron imput, is only controllable by throttle. If the plane only climbs with level controls at high power, you are not going to recover the plane.
b-29er is offline Find More Posts by b-29er
Old Jan 05, 2010, 10:25 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
THAT's what I wanted to see.. Hello guys this is my first day on the forum and my first EDF was ordered yesterday.
I THINK I have a VERY good question about this though...
Ive been into modelling in the past mostly with R/C cars in the pre li-po time..
How can the 4channel 2.4Ghz provided with the plane handle Aileron,Elevator,Rudder,Throttle AND retracts....don't you need at least 5 channels for that?? Sorry If it's a dumb question afterall but.. I think it's a simple one..
And I read a lot of bad things about bananahobby... I hope that they are all crap and I will become another one happy customer.
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jan 05, 2010, 12:33 PM
Apache Junction,Arizona
Joined Jul 2003
469 Posts
pavcon, its easy the aileron and elevators are on the same servo with this setup you would have an open channel to work the retracts with.

sdjb
sdjb is offline Find More Posts by sdjb
Old Jan 05, 2010, 12:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
thanks sdjb.. but I just live chatted with them and the guy I was talking to said that he was able to confirm that a 5 channel tranmitter will be sent.. I was away from modelling for 12 years now but as far as I know there are no 5 channel transmitters right?
whatever the case is .. if it works like you said it will be fine with me...
At least the guy I ve talked to was very kind(name was Fumiko).. always responded and he was asking for a minute to confirm something he was taking a minute and he was back talking to m e again.. I ve seen nothing of the complaints that some other guys stated so far.. I hope this continues till the delivery. he said it was scheduled to be shipped by the end of this week and an e-mail will be sent with the tracking number... let's see
Old Jan 05, 2010, 03:24 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
thanks sdjb.. but I just live chatted with them and the guy I was talking to said that he was able to confirm that a 5 channel tranmitter will be sent.. I was away from modelling for 12 years now but as far as I know there are no 5 channel transmitters right?
whatever the case is .. if it works like you said it will be fine with me...
At least the guy I ve talked to was very kind(name was Fumiko).. always responded and he was asking for a minute to confirm something he was taking a minute and he was back talking to m e again.. I ve seen nothing of the complaints that some other guys stated so far.. I hope this continues till the delivery. he said it was scheduled to be shipped by the end of this week and an e-mail will be sent with the tracking number... let's see
Welcome back! You won't believe what is out there now! 7 channel are becoming the normal...with planes now with retracts, thrust vectoring...the sky is the limit!
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Old Jan 05, 2010, 03:56 PM
Buzz Run Extraordinare!
USA, MI, Sanford
Joined Jul 2006
2,371 Posts
yeah. and a lot of the edf's are getting scale t/w (around .9 to 1.1 to 1 stock)
b-29er is offline Find More Posts by b-29er
Old Jan 06, 2010, 03:05 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I'm very excited guys.. Ive even seen cars running at speeds of 150mph... I don't know about planes but road cars going like this I think they will spoil the fun. As for edfs and planes I was never a good pilot... but I never had something powerfull. I don't believe amatuers should always get a trainer or a slowstick. More or less we all know how planes work. Those underpowered planes are not forgiving. I can't wait to fly my first EDF and I'm always doing plans on going to thrust vectoring later on.
The status of my ordered changed to --Will ship in the next 2-3 days so I hope thats the truth and I will have it by 10-15 days. You See I live in Cyprus. I even sent a message to Pete and told him that i'm willing to help them. Cyprus is at the crossroads of 3 continents.. Europe Asia and Africa. I could always establish some warehouses here and help them with their shipment issues abroad or become sole agent of bananahobby and solve the delayed shipment issues.it will also cost a lot less Shipping for europe customers. I paid 127USD for USPS air. and that's tooooo much.
Despite the complaints Ive seeen here and there I believe that they sell some very good products that will improve. Only by seeing Version 2 and version 3 of some planes only that by it self it shows that some guys there are working really hard and acknowledging some problems and issues.
Its time to take it into business level and then enjoy the hobby. Because having a bussines as a hobby it is normal that you will have some unsatisfied customers around the globe.
Old Jan 06, 2010, 10:26 AM
Apache Junction,Arizona
Joined Jul 2003
469 Posts
pavcon, Yea there are 5 Channel TX out there DX5 for one and it is really cheap, I should
have said that the way that jet is setup it could fly on a three channel. The old Wattage
F-86 was setup the same way I wish Wattage would start making there planes again
they were ahead of there time, now that Brushless power is here. I had the F-86 and it
was just way under powered and I crashed it. Today I could make that thing haul butt.

sdjb
sdjb is offline Find More Posts by sdjb
Old Jan 06, 2010, 11:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Hey sdjb

hehe... look at this http://www.bananahobby.com/1882.html

After contacting them they changed the title to 5CH 2.4Ghz.
this is a bit encouraging again that they are working to improve them selves and we have to give thme that... Though the option still says 4channel the title is 5 and they confirmed that they will ship a 5channel transmitter.

Man I just can't wait. in th meantime I'm putting a lot of study and googling in order to be up to date with modelling... Man I missed this hobby and I missed a lot of stuff... I still have my top-Force Tamiya.. used to be top of the range back then with carbon plates and stuff... I think I'm gonna ressurect that car too with a brushless motor. I think it will handle the stress.
Old Jan 08, 2010, 08:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
ITEM SHIPPED A FEW OURS AGO SO FAR SO GOOD.. NOTHING OF THE COMPLAINTS IVE SEEN POSTED IN HERE OCCURED TO ME.. 2 things left to be done.. THe item to arrive and the box to have the correct stuff inside.
The last two were mentioned as a complaint by others in this forum. one parcel lost on the way across the atlantic ocean and another guy got his plane with two right vertical stabilizers on his plane...
I will post as soon as I have more info
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:38 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Another thing that Ive noticed is that there are no parts for the V3 in RC parts list. V3 had the 2750KV motor and the V3 has the 2850 which I expect to be a little better than the one on the review.
I'm a bit worried cause I expect to crash soon as soon as I get it in fact.
I guess the wing sets are the same for both V2 and V3 right??? anyone?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:04 AM
What tree??.......Doh!!
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Another thing that Ive noticed is that there are no parts for the V3 in RC parts list. V3 had the 2750KV motor and the V3 has the 2850 which I expect to be a little better than the one on the review.
I'm a bit worried cause I expect to crash soon as soon as I get it in fact.
I guess the wing sets are the same for both V2 and V3 right??? anyone?
it looks the same. Looks also that you can still add separate servos for both aileron and elevator, like V2 as the servo slot is there.
Smokin_Joes is online now Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
Old Jan 14, 2010, 05:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
V3 s supposed to have separate.. but to have those you need a 6ch T/R. So far so good with my order..only thing left is to open the box and check if everythings inside and everything is correct.. Ive heard about ppl getting two right wings and stuff. God help me not to have this luck cause I live in Europe... and THAT will take Quite some time to get it in the air. BUT.. Id like to have positive thinking (as if there was a mistake it will magically change the two right wings to one of each side ) on their page there is still a 4ch but they promised they will send a 6ch.. let's see.. we got WOW1 who got a 6channel and another guy who I can't remember his name who got a 6chnnel receiver and a 4 channel transmitter
Old Jan 19, 2010, 05:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin_Joes View Post
it looks the same. Looks also that you can still add separate servos for both aileron and elevator, like V2 as the servo slot is there.
Yes.. Ive confirmed with BH that all the foam parts are the same. and the space for the servos is already there. + I double checked my order and they Sent a 6channel Tx/Rx but I'm not sure about the mixing capability part. As far as the 4ch that is mentioned on the page its a typo and it will be corrected soon.

I was also checking the electrical parts and never found that 14.8v lipo. well it's in the planes parts. the 2750 motor mention is propably a typo because on the V2 review Pete mentions that the motor is a 2850kv. Despite that they told me that the V2 had a smaller motor (which is propably their online chat person mistake but She was too kind to put her to confirm that too )
If PETE is wathcing this please ADD UPS for European countries..PLEAAASEEE

**Edit: Guys before even finishing this post they corrected thei option menu to a 6channel.. BH is actually improving...
Last edited by pavcon; Jan 19, 2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: EDITING ... AMAZED...