HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2002, 02:21 PM
south carolina
Joined Feb 2002
99 Posts
New to helicopters, I need some help and advice,please

I'm wanting to get into helis,but I'm a little dumb to this area!I've researched and purchased a eco8,hope it was a good choice!My questions are: 1) what moter, speed controllerand batteries are recomended for all purpose flight! not anything fancy just general flight,remember I'm learning! 2) I currently own a futaba t6xa is this radio ok ? Any additional information or advise would be greatly appreciated Thanks
wilton0 is offline Find More Posts by wilton0
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2002, 02:39 PM
San Marcos, CA USA
Joined Jan 2001
130 Posts
Number one: Get a sim, most people go with Realflight, or the free one FMS, either way practice, practice and practice. For the heli make some training gears ( 4 wiffle balls and2 wooden dowels) attach to the heli so when you do use the heli these will absorb some mistakes without taking out the heli.
August is offline Find More Posts by August
Old Feb 22, 2002, 03:26 PM
south carolina
Joined Feb 2002
99 Posts
I have real flight standard the first one are there any free upgrades or heli simulators out there
wilton0 is offline Find More Posts by wilton0
Old Feb 22, 2002, 09:08 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,801 Posts
Well first off, welcome to the EZone!!!!!!!!!

Yes you can upgrade realflight to deluxe which gives you helis.

For what to setup the E8 with, use the search function. There are many setups and you can see what others use.

If you read Chris Trues last post on the ECO he built it stock and it flys very well.

A basic motor setup could be the Kyosho Magnetic Mayhem and Castle 35H ESC, with HS 81 servos. 8-10 cells and a basic piezo gyro.

Much will depend on how you want to fly.
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk