Old Sep 07, 2013, 02:23 PM
Gaui X3, Nano CPX (two)
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,143 Posts
Discussion
Thunder AC6 from HZ dying?

I think my AC6 is dying

recently I have noticed that after a charge, the total voltage as displayed by the charger was not the fully charged voltage of that battery. Like a 2s would only get to about 8.37V and the charger said it was done. Even weirder, I just started charging a 2200mAh 3s with it, and the individual cells said 4.19-4.20 volts, but the total voltage is said to be only 12.45V??? The cells just hovered around 4.18-4.20 until the total voltage said 12.60V... odd.

May need to get a new charger.
BladeScraper is offline Find More Posts by BladeScraper
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2013, 11:29 AM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
372 Posts
Would you happen to know your order number for the charger? If you're still within the warranty period I can process a return for the charger for either exchange or refund.
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Sep 09, 2013, 02:49 PM
Gaui X3, Nano CPX (two)
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,143 Posts
I don't know the order # and I'm sure it's past the warranty, I've had it for like 3 years.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 12:39 PM
United States, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jun 2009
283 Posts
You may need to recalibrate the charger. You will need a digital multimeter and a battery(doesn't need to be fully charged). First, with the charger unplugged and battery disconnected, slightly pull out the connectors from the "octopus" connector at the charger, just enough to get the probes of your multimeter to touch the metal of the connector. Next connect your battery to the appropriate end of the "octopus" connector(you don't need to connect the balance connector, if you are just calibrating). Next press and hold both the green start button, and the blue "Dec." buttons, while still holding both buttons plug in the charger. Continue to hold both buttons, until the display changes from "Hota charger", to a display showing the voltage of the battery on the right and a positive(or negative) number on the left. Next, use your multimeter to check the battery voltage, at the connectors from the the "octopus" connector. Use the "Inc."/"Dec." buttons to adjust the charger match the voltage read from you multimeter. Once you have made the adjustment, plug the octopus connections in fully, and press the green start button. Hopefully this will take care of the problem.

Good luck, and happy flying
Jeff
Drezed is offline Find More Posts by Drezed
Old Nov 30, 2013, 12:48 PM
Gaui X3, Nano CPX (two)
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,143 Posts
Just calibrated it, we'll see how it turns out. Thanks

It took +07 to get it to match.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 07:15 PM
Joined Jun 2009
283 Posts
Hope it helps, let me know!

Jeff
Old Nov 30, 2013, 07:19 PM
Gaui X3, Nano CPX (two)
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,143 Posts
Seems like it did the job. It's been forever since I saw the Charger say 12.60v when it's full charged, it ranged from 12.45 to 12.67

Thanks for the help man, makes me feel safer about charging.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 07:54 PM
Joined Jun 2009
283 Posts
Anytime, pity it's not documented anywhere in the instructions(or anyone from HP would help ).

Happy Holidays!
Jeff