HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:05 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,668 Posts
aile direction reversal

Hey guys

Decided to do the tx mod in case I happen to buy a bunch of "wrong way round" servos. That way I have a radio for either scenario .

So that's the tx open, now which 2 wires do I have to change to reverse the direction of the aile so my servo doesn't make me drift in the wrong direction? Are they at the stick or is it something on the pcb itself?

Thanks
Fin
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:14 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Today, I took the F45 and flew it on my favorite meadow.
This is a very large place, at the border of a forest with old and tall trees.
There is also a part part of the meadow that "goes" into this forest.
Imagine a square of about 150 m (450 feet) each side, 3 sides with trees and one side toward the meadow.
This square is convenient when it's windy, the trees give some protection.
A very nice place !
Roland
So when can I come to visit, Nachbar?

Sorry to hear about the crash, but talk about damage limitation? These really ARE seriously tough birds
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:21 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Rookie Mistake

Think I should still use this pack and can I squish it back together? The voltages seem to be fine. I will tell you what happened if you really want to know.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:32 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Hey guys

Decided to do the tx mod in case I happen to buy a bunch of "wrong way round" servos. That way I have a radio for either scenario .

So that's the tx open, now which 2 wires do I have to change to reverse the direction of the aile so my servo doesn't make me drift in the wrong direction? Are they at the stick or is it something on the pcb itself?

Thanks
Fin
find the potentiometer for the servo you wish to reverse.
You will see 2 wires, on to one side and one at the center. On the opposite side, there is an open terminal. Remove the outside wire and resolder it to the terminal on the opposite side. It is then reversed.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:42 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Think I should still use this pack and can I squish it back together? The voltages seem to be fine. I will tell you what happened if you really want to know.
I would charge it carefully and monitor it. I have had several batteries puff and they start to get hot. I dispose of them. If they have internal damage, they can start on fire when you are discharging and then you will have a flying torch.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:12 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
find the potentiometer for the servo you wish to reverse.
You will see 2 wires, on to one side and one at the center. On the opposite side, there is an open terminal. Remove the outside wire and resolder it to the terminal on the opposite side. It is then reversed.
Thanks Brent, a great help for someone who knows what he's looking for... I unfortunately don't

I googled potentiometer to get some pics and meantime THINK that the potis are the things to the right and bottom of the stick housing with black, red and yellow wires on them (if you zoom in on the pics you can see them very well).

If this is correct:

1. how do I find out which one I want to change? I think probably the one at the bottom, as it seems to be attached to the lateral rocker mechanism.

2. exactly which wires do I want to move, as it's not quite clear to me from the description? Do I just move the black (outside?) wire up to the free terminal above it, do I move the black and yellow wires, or do I move all three?

If these are not the potis, can somebody please describe where on the picture they are?

Appreciate it guys.
Fin
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:13 PM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
640 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys

Thanks
Fin
You see at 2 sides of each stick there are 2 little PCBs with 3 wires arriving, yellow - red - black.
On the other side of these PCBs are the potentiometers.
You just have to invert the yellow and the black one on the PCB where sits the potentiometer of the aile.

Roland

Edit :
Tigger you posted at the same time as me !
to find the potentiometer of the aile, move your aile stick, it's the one were the axis is turning (hope I'm clear enough ?)
If you are in mode 2 (Mode 4 on the TX) it's the one at the bottom of the first foto.

Edit 2 : F45 allready repaired, I had spare blades !
And you can come to visit when you want.
There is even a Bierstube at 300 meters ! (Like I said, a nice place !)
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Last edited by Rollmops67; Feb 02, 2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:25 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I would charge it carefully and monitor it. I have had several batteries puff and they start to get hot. I dispose of them. If they have internal damage, they can start on fire when you are discharging and then you will have a flying torch.
This is crash damage. So maybe I should dispose of.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:25 PM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
It means that the power supply is built into the charger.

Quote:
Hey Kumpel

Hmmmm, wonder what the "AC" stands for then. I would just have assumed you couldn't use it with DC

Thanks for the info. Just ordered myself an original IMAX B6, so hopefully I'll be as happy with it as you are with yours. Good to know they deliver what they promise

Happy flying, hope the weather over your way is a bit less wet than ours.
Fin
ashtodust2000 is offline Find More Posts by ashtodust2000
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:46 PM
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
It's a foggy but mostly windless day here in my neck of the suburban woods. I managed to get in some great flying time today and as luck had it, I have a sweet crash report. I got the crash on the belly camera but unfortunately I didn't get a shot of what the helicopter looked like completely jam-packed full of snow. I hope you all enjoy the video....

http://youtu.be/wH1vz_q1d1k
That is awesome. I am trying to decide what heli to get next. I thought I had settled on the V912 but the F45 looks great. And taking aerial video would be icing on the cake. I think a V912 would be great for backyard flying. After watching the video of the F45 my backyard doesn't seem big enough anymore. Now I know why guys have so many helis, too many good choices.
Jonboy. is offline Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:05 PM
Joined Dec 2012
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
ermmmm Steve, be careful, that cell got too hot... I would exercise extreem caution. These batteries can get so hot that they burst and cause fires.
btw all arrived in perfect condition i got my 'fix' and the vid to prove it
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:07 PM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
question for xtreme blade user's

I love my F645 for the most part, but am not real happy with its wind handling characteristics. You fellas using the 10dg extreme blades, do you find the performance that much better, esp in the wind? With the stock high lift concave airfoil blades, the heli wants to climb like crazy in a head wind, and dances around all over the place in anything over about 5mph. Are the extreme blades concave or symetrical? Do you find they handle better in the wind than the stock blades? When I get by bl motor kit I want to try a set of the 10dg blades, but I understood some to be using the 8dg blades using a different pinion to increase head speed with the bl motor. Please let me know if the 10dg blades will be a waist of my money, or should I get the 8dg and a new pinion than what comes with the kit. Thanks all, nice to be able to glean from others experiences.
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:13 PM
Joined Dec 2012
344 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys

Thanks
Fin
Fin, if you want to make this switchable at the tx, look up 'D.C. motor reversing switch'. this application uses the exact same config. its a simple dpdt (double pole double throw) switch with a 'X' jumper connection. I intend to mod my tx to do that as i got other applications to sort. Give me a tic to relax and i will open a tx and give you the exact colour wires ect
cheers lad

oh cool, the lads sorted you
Last edited by BobTopofTheWorld; Feb 02, 2013 at 11:17 PM. Reason: :P
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:27 PM
Joined Dec 2012
344 Posts
Ok got a wee vid for the lads. nice backgrounds... some mention of ZZ Top...

2 2 13 Sunset (4 min 20 sec)
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:53 AM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
ermmmm Steve, be careful, that cell got too hot... I would exercise extreem caution. These batteries can get so hot that they burst and cause fires.
btw all arrived in perfect condition i got my 'fix' and the vid to prove it
Actually it was crushed in a nose first crash, not hot. I will probably toss it to be safe. Thanks for the caution though.