HorizonHobby.com Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Jan 25, 2016, 08:46 AM
Find More Posts by SierraCrashTest
Joined Jan 2016
1 Posts
Discussion
challenge: student level quick build time free flight glider

My end goal is to have a kit that is very quick and easy to build for students so they can be up in the air quickly and have some room to experiment. At the end I'd hope there would be something with some half-decent performance, maybe 30 - 60 second flight times?

In the meantime I've been playing around with a couple of designs, one which is to be a thermal glider with an inexpensive de-thermalizer timer using about half a sheet of readi-board and another which is a small 12" rubber band launched glider. Both have about a 20 - 30 minute build time. Nothing I've built so far can get more than a 15 second flight in dismal winter weather, but I'm getting really light wing loading of less than 0.7 oz. / sq. ft. If there is interest I can post what I have so far.

I'm hoping there might be enough interest for others to contribute ideas and designs
SierraCrashTest is offline Find More Posts by SierraCrashTest
to remove ads between posts