to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2015, 03:25 PM
Find More Posts by captain MoMo
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
6,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg View Post
.. Well.. Put it up again this AM.. It is definitely not a wind flying machine.. It is amazing the critical high wind point where it flys with minimal feel.. Max. Probably about 7 -8 mph. Confirmed that this last flights with this video..
However.. It is a great looking, sounding twin with flybys and such a controllable lander.. when its calm.. Flaps work well.. Great ground handling..
Some reason, at 1st, I had issues with this plane.. I think are all dialed in now and maybe detailing, painting, interior, lights.. All can now be a plan. .. And of course those silly pilots. (I did replace them initially when I crashed due to a bad ESC..)
Well hope it is not too much like my last vid, but hope you like it.. I had fun.. Next time cam will be mounted outside .. somewhere.. ! https://youtu.be/g8nTfr22mNg
Very nice!!

I bet a guardian will fix most if not all the wobbles. Inherently this is probably due to an imbalance of the model aerodynamics.... why are they not selling this model anymore??
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2015, 04:54 PM
Find More Posts by Cocg
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
4,007 Posts
Thanks guys..
Capt. MoMo.. I am no engineer but "imbalance of aerodynamics".. Where/what is the imbalance?
Cocg is offline Find More Posts by Cocg
Old Jul 21, 2015, 04:59 PM
Find More Posts by rcflyinff
United States, FL, Titusville
Joined Mar 2012
792 Posts
Amazing how realistic your video was. Very nice!
rcflyinff is online now Find More Posts by rcflyinff
Old Jul 21, 2015, 04:59 PM
Find More Posts by captain MoMo
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
6,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg View Post
Thanks guys..
Capt. MoMo.. I am no engineer but "imbalance of aerodynamics".. Where/what is the imbalance?
Meaning as this is a model, I doubt they did wind tunnel testing There might be areas that generate currents off the surface of the fuselage or wing that do not have a counter current to keep the plane from moving or rocking.
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2015, 05:01 PM
Find More Posts by J Mitchel
United States, OR, Portland
Joined May 2012
323 Posts
The model has lower dorsal fins, just like the full scale. I am guessing the model aerodynamics are not the same.
J Mitchel is online now Find More Posts by J Mitchel
Old Jul 21, 2015, 05:38 PM
Find More Posts by Cocg
Fly and let Fly!
Joined May 2010
4,007 Posts
.. I hope the real 1:1 scale Duke isn't a handful in 1:1 turbulence..!! Puke time..! (I thought this was a luxury machine.!)?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:05 PM
Find More Posts by Hollywood2979
United States, TX, Cibolo
Joined Nov 2011
442 Posts
If anyone is interested I have a flyfly B-60 for sale in the classified section, kit ver.
Hollywood2979 is offline Find More Posts by Hollywood2979
Old Sep 04, 2015, 01:51 PM
Find More Posts by peterswolf
United States, FL, Riverview
Joined Apr 2012
1,267 Posts
...it has been too long.

Well I've been so busy with other planes lately, I've ignored my Duke... I love flying this one, but after all the work I put into it to try and resolve the dutch roll that increases with the breeze I just sort of gave up unless with was a windless day. Well, I know I said before I was done trying to fix it, but with the low cost Eagle A3L Gyro I thought what the heck... So I grabbed one from MotionRC.com a few days ago. Got it installed yesterday and setup for 2D mode with the gains around 10 o'clock on the dial. Today it was gusty at the field, low winds were about 6mph and gusting close to 10mph, with the occasional higher gust. I went up with the gyro turned off, and perfect takeoff, got to cruising altitude and saw a little bit of wag'n'roll. hehe. So I flipped on the gyro, and BAM, no more wag, no more roll. A few of you told me before just throw a gyro in there and it'll probably be fine, and you were right of course. I just didn't have the experience with gyros back then as I do now, so previously I was a little nervous about the idea.. I did a full throttle run into the wind, no wag whatsoever. I was getting the occasional bounce on the wind due to gust, but no more wagging or rolling. Quite happy about this, VERY HAPPY, SUPER HAPPY! This is the kind of wind that I normally like to fly in and now the Duke does perfect in it, and of course the other advantage of the gyro is that it makes the plane even more rock solid for regular flight. I was able to go hands off on the controls and it looked sweet doing a low pass over the runway. Landings were as perfect as they were before, great day... Only thing that sucks is our awesome club photographer showed up just as I was leaving so I didn't get any flying pictures. I did snap a quick picture of the gyro setup for those that are curious.
peterswolf is online now Find More Posts by peterswolf
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: http://www.peterswolf.com
Old Sep 04, 2015, 03:51 PM
Find More Posts by Cocg
Fly and let Fly!
Joined May 2010
4,007 Posts
Hmm.... Sound all too familiar.. Perhaps a try would be prudent.. Good to read..