HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2015, 04:17 PM
Joined Dec 2014
11 Posts
Discussion
Please answer a couple of Questions

I'm sure it is a post somewhere, but all the post have way to many pages to read them all and I just don't have much luck with the search. So please how about a few people chiming in here with an answer to a couple of questions please.

I bought a used genius cp and I'm having a lot of problems getting it to fly. I think my batteries are bad. What is a good battery to buy? Also in the deal I received a brushless motor kit. Will the standard batteries be alright with it? If not what type batteries should I get. The kit is an esc with a motor not the complete tail boom and motor. I think its hp05 motor it is **05 can't remember for sure the first 2 letters but it is the first 2 letters I see people on this forum talking about alot for the motor.

Also I just bought a nano cpx and a tx to go with it. I want to put a brushless kit on it. Are the standard batteries that come with the nano alright for the brushless motor?
benddg is offline Find More Posts by benddg
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:47 AM
Joined Dec 2014
11 Posts
Don't understand

Am I not posting this in the right section or something. I'm new to this forum, but I am a member to several other non R/C forums. This is the second time I've asked a simple question with no answers. The other forum that I belong to answer questions no problem. There might be a bit of fussing about needing to use the search. I've tried using the search.
benddg is offline Find More Posts by benddg
Old Jan 15, 2015, 01:02 AM
old newbie ,, having a blast
United States, HI, Kapaa
Joined Jan 2014
227 Posts
benddg,, just go to the top of the forum and in the search box type in genius cp and lots ot threads will come up.

You will get some good info and answers to your ?s there,, do the same for the cpx.

I am not flying thos birds so can't really help you,, although when I did have a super cp with a brushless kit I used 350mah batteries that I got from terence at chinesejade website.

Hope this helps
skippajack is offline Find More Posts by skippajack
Old Jan 15, 2015, 09:38 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benddg View Post
I'm sure it is a post somewhere, but all the post have way to many pages to read them all and I just don't have much luck with the search. So please how about a few people chiming in here with an answer to a couple of questions please.

I bought a used genius cp and I'm having a lot of problems getting it to fly. I think my batteries are bad. What is a good battery to buy? Also in the deal I received a brushless motor kit. Will the standard batteries be alright with it? If not what type batteries should I get. The kit is an esc with a motor not the complete tail boom and motor. I think its hp05 motor it is **05 can't remember for sure the first 2 letters but it is the first 2 letters I see people on this forum talking about alot for the motor.

Also I just bought a nano cpx and a tx to go with it. I want to put a brushless kit on it. Are the standard batteries that come with the nano alright for the brushless motor?
Here is the problem . It's a Genius CP . I don't think anyone has used or flown them or posted anything in about a year . Since the V922 and other VLtoys came out and flew a lot better.
This is just me and my opinion . The devo 7 I heard is a good radio if you use the deviation program . It is a bootleg upgrade that make the radio easier to use . Don't know how or where to get it and download .
Genius, I would chalk it up as a bad purchase . Get anything else would be my suggestion . I run Futaba , so I have no idea how the devo radios menu are .
Good luck .

Found this , not looking promising

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=Genius+CP
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Last edited by jombo; Jan 15, 2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 09:14 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
9,265 Posts
I have flown two Genius c/p's for close to two years. Frame mod is needed as one puce frame skids prone to breaking. Two pieces of music wire and five minutes takes care of that issue. V922 is popular as cheap knock off of Mcp-X.
Buddie has one and hates it. Cheap floats for clonies.
I have converted one Genius c/p to bl and flys awesome. Other one is stock and flys well. WK has held price to high on these and Mini c/p is better deal. Clones are fine if you plan on flying knock offs and want to stay with small birds.
There are no 120/130?180/250 clone RTF's BNF's.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jan 17, 2015, 07:37 PM
Aviation Ordnance, U.S. Navy
United States, CA, Lemoore
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
I have a CP and will be diving into that project soon, but I have compiled a lot of info about the Nano CP X and going brushless with it. This page may help you out. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.diysoup.com/do-it-yoursel...ade-nano-cp-x/
alex7703 is offline Find More Posts by alex7703
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:33 AM
Joined Dec 2009
82 Posts
Quote:

i dont have the Genius, i have a super cp, but all the mini, super, and Genius cp's are all very similar. i had trouble with mine until i found a weak connection and also seemed it had no power until i programed my devo 7e transmitter properly.
i purchased a text file from a site about a month ago that is no longer available. tom z stated these transmitter setting are the same for all 3 helis and i was amazed at how the heli came to life after using those settings
maybe they will work for you, here is the file. good luck sir.
Dark_Lord is offline Find More Posts by Dark_Lord
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:31 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
9,265 Posts
The Nano CP-X comes with 150 ma 25 c to weak for Nano , the bl version even worse. 150ma 45c E-flite work best. BL kit for Genius do your self a favor and don't use bl tail. Just use the main bl motor. Using both messes up the gains and makes for a poor flyer. I know you will do it anyway. Find out yourself. I never heard anybody have luck running both.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 05:29 PM
I failed to crash a heli once!
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
1,411 Posts
So benddg (can I assume you're a destroyer sailor?) now that you have some replies to your queries did you get the answer you were looking for?

Sort of bothers me when people ask question(s) (then complain they didn't get an answer right away 8 1/2 hours in this case) then never post back when they do get answers.

I guess he expects this forum to work like a 24 help desk.
dteel is online now Find More Posts by dteel
Old Jan 28, 2015, 08:04 PM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
863 Posts
Quote:

I have had four Genius helis, all have flown super nice...one is in one of the treetops near my house, through no fault of its own...i currently have two converted to BL main motor....your questions have already been answered in this thread....but, say, go to helipal.com, walkera helis, Genius CP and you will read a lot about the Genius....under Walkera parts, Genius, you will see the batteries for it...
The nano is superb! Top of its class...suggest the blade BL main motor upgrade...
ChespiIker is offline Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Yesterday, 08:13 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
9,265 Posts
Nano CP-X bl is best Micro hr;i in its c;ass bar none. Genius c/p bl is fine. V1 came out couple years before Nano . Nano is more durab;e, but again music wire mod Genius c/p can take abuse. I learned to fly C/P with Genius c/p. Nano is smaller/ lighter and better firmware.
Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM
I failed to crash a heli once!
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
1,411 Posts
OP is missing in action. Evidently cares little for our input. We be wasting our time providing advice to the deaf.
dteel is online now Find More Posts by dteel