HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Skate 1000 Trimaran Sailboat 1700mm

1.7 meter tall ready to run trimaran.

Splash

An affordable trimaran that's ready to sail

The Skate 1000 from Hobbyking is a fiberglass composite trimaran with bolt together construction. The Skate comes completely ready to sail - just install the batteries and complete the final assembly. As with most trimarans, the Skate 1000 is capable of remaining upright higher winds; the centerline mounted dagger board and outriggers are designed for open ocean sailing in full-scale trimarans.

The mast is constructed of aluminum and both the keel and mast are removable. The main sail is made of rip-stop nylon.

Specifications:

• Length: 1000mm
  • Height: 1700mm
  • Width: 660mm
  • Area of Sails : 0.4m2
  • Weight: 1780g

CLICK HERE for more info on the Skate 1000 Trimaran Sailboat 1700mm

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Dec 12, 2014 at 09:14 AM..

Discussion

Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:26 AM
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
2,403 Posts
Just an FYI - that there is a classified section where this would be more appropriate, and I think the web site owners would appreciate any/all "paid" advertising so they can continue to provide this site.

Cheers
Dick L. is online now Find More Posts by Dick L.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:56 AM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,285 Posts
I work for RCG as an editor. This isn't a classified ad. Its a news story about a new product and not a paid advert. You'll find it located on the homepage left column under news, and in the boating channel here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/channels.php?id=6

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
matt
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: eFest Video!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:04 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa Beach
Joined Jan 2010
464 Posts
Skate

Matt, also a thread on this boat here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2293611
Seems pretty narrow for a one meter tri-have you sailed it?
DLord is online now Find More Posts by DLord
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:05 PM
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
2,403 Posts
Matt -
just that there are a LOT of new sailboats that probably could/should have a similar "opening" ad. The Joysway Force 2-60 catamaran and the Joysway Dragon Force are two recent ones. Add in the various newer releases for the IOM versions, and ............. well, the best would be if you could move the link for "Un-viewed New Posts" AHEAD of the ad. Then when there a lot of pages, a reader doesn't have to keep scrolling through the advertisements in order to see un-viewed forum posts. Especially when this is no longer "Breaking News". Just a thought/suggestion

Cheers, Dick L.
Dick L. is online now Find More Posts by Dick L.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:06 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLord View Post
Matt, also a thread on this boat here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2293611
You're correct, I read it. However, as a news article, it gets more exposure than a regular post as it's located in multiple locations.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:08 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick L. View Post
Matt -
just that there are a LOT of new sailboats that probably could/should have a similar "opening" ad. The Joysway Force 2-60 catamaran and the Joysway Dragon Force are two recent ones. Add in the various newer releases for the IOM versions, and ............. well, the best would be if you could move the link for "Un-viewed New Posts" AHEAD of the ad. Then when there a lot of pages, a reader doesn't have to keep scrolling through the advertisements in order to see un-viewed forum posts. Especially when this is no longer "Breaking News". Just a thought/suggestion

Cheers, Dick L.
I'm happy to do news reports on some of the boats you mentioned. And thank you for the feedback as well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2014, 01:05 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa Beach
Joined Jan 2010
464 Posts
Skate

I think its great to see RCgroups do something like this. It's helpful to the manufacturer but it is incredibly helpful to the many people that browse this site. I wish there was a way to follow up with a kit review(s) down the line.
DLord is online now Find More Posts by DLord
Old Dec 15, 2014, 09:44 PM
The cycle is complete.
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
1,963 Posts
I didn't even know they made rc trimarins until matt did a writeup.
Sabin is online now Find More Posts by Sabin