HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2015, 12:59 AM
teaching to learn
United States, NC, Greenville
Joined Oct 2013
3,231 Posts
Here's the easiest way to get it all done. 17 minute video...

Dynam ESC Setup Timing and Programming (17 min 0 sec)
millerr74 is offline Find More Posts by millerr74
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2015, 01:04 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
3,087 Posts
Set timing to low if I am remembering correctly. My buddy's waco studdered really bad, and setting timing fixed it. My Dynam PBY on stock motors...same thing. Timing again. If you don't have the programming card, I highly recommend it.

The same card works on: Dynam, Turnigy Plush, Hobbywing, and HURC ESCs. Well worth it.
Cubcrazy is online now Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old Jan 02, 2015, 01:10 AM
teaching to learn
Joined Oct 2013
3,231 Posts
I usually set my dynam combos to default like Ryan shows in the video. Totally kills the studder and performs well thereafter.
Old Jan 02, 2015, 01:13 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
3,087 Posts
That Waco of my friends was the first time I had ever seen an average kv motor (500-1100) set to anything but low. Even some high pusher jet/edf motors like 5000kv call for low timing, as they say high timing does not yield higher rpm, but rather just higher amp draw.
Cubcrazy is online now Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Cubcrazy; Jan 02, 2015 at 01:19 AM.
Old Jan 02, 2015, 09:47 AM
mkpatrick
Joined Mar 2011
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy View Post
That Waco of my friends was the first time I had ever seen an average kv motor (500-1100) set to anything but low. Even some high pusher jet/edf motors like 5000kv call for low timing, as they say high timing does not yield higher rpm, but rather just higher amp draw.
What if any is the advantage to high timing?
mkpatrick is offline Find More Posts by mkpatrick
Old Jan 02, 2015, 10:11 AM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,725 Posts
Certain motors with certain magnet counts need high timing to operate correctly.

My GeeBee has been 4s only from day one with a 60a esc and low timing.
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Jan 02, 2015, 01:19 PM
United States, NC, Winterville
Joined Jul 2014
178 Posts
I got a bit of a performance boost on one of my planes by going from low to high timing. ESC is a 30a skywalker, pushing a 3536-750 kv motor with a 10.5x8 prop.
Jmel is offline Find More Posts by Jmel
Old Jan 10, 2015, 06:15 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,931 Posts
subscribing
tengarang is offline Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:02 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,931 Posts
maiden flight of Geebee, yellow tail is mine

Dynam GeeBee Baylands January 11th 2015 (8 min 22 sec)
Old Jan 12, 2015, 01:02 AM
teaching to learn
Joined Oct 2013
3,231 Posts
Tengarang, great video man. This group you fly with has inspired our little crue to follow suit. I'm the only gee bee, but we'll fly the geebee with a 51, a 47, and a hell cat all at once trying to stay really close and just believing that our altitude is different enough to prevent any collisions. So far it's been a barrel of fun and although we've had a few near misses, misses is the key word. Do you guys have any set pattern you use to maintain formation like guy A follows guy B, while he follows guy C, and so forth, or do you all just try to stay close while hoping for the best? I must admit that if you don't use a flight plan, you're doing an awfully good job at it and are quite possibly setting up for a truly noteworthy disaster .

Which one is it?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 01:57 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerr74 View Post
Tengarang, great video man. This group you fly with has inspired our little crue to follow suit. I'm the only gee bee, but we'll fly the geebee with a 51, a 47, and a hell cat all at once trying to stay really close and just believing that our altitude is different enough to prevent any collisions. So far it's been a barrel of fun and although we've had a few near misses, misses is the key word. Do you guys have any set pattern you use to maintain formation like guy A follows guy B, while he follows guy C, and so forth, or do you all just try to stay close while hoping for the best? I must admit that if you don't use a flight plan, you're doing an awfully good job at it and are quite possibly setting up for a truly noteworthy disaster .

Which one is it?
Howdy Miller,

first off Happy New Year, and thanks for your comment. Sounds like fun what you and your guys are doing, thinking ill share that with my guys as well.

We have no set rules or any sort of guidelines, albeit they are good to keep in mind as a token of suggestion, appreciate that. That said, collisions do tend to happen at a higher frequency with our group so bullseye there

love this bird, Dynam has done a great job on this one.

We are just a bunch of cow boys having fun....
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:46 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang View Post
maiden flight of Geebee, yellow tail is mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kpujC3xHu0
Nice to have you as part of the crew now!! WOO HOOO!! The fun never stops!!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Jan 12, 2015, 01:47 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
Nice to have you as part of the crew now!! WOO HOOO!! The fun never stops!!
yess it was great flying together Ray