RC Ember with mods (2 min 1 sec)
Youssefa is offline Find More Posts by Youssefa
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2009, 02:36 AM
USA, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2009
166 Posts
SALE on EMBER/VAPOR W/DSM2 Rx

thought I would mention that the vapor is $5 more than ember and is DSM2! @ hobbyking ships from usa warehouse!
Last edited by Youssefa; Dec 16, 2009 at 02:43 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 02:37 AM
USA, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2009
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBullDawg View Post
Finished this paint mod on my Ember last night. What do you think!

That is AWSOME....

Did you do the underside of the wing as well????????
Old Dec 16, 2009, 11:42 AM
UK, West Sussex, Chichester
Joined Aug 2008
179 Posts
EMBER 1 50 sussex model centre

bought mine a little while back 50 not bad price
ballores is offline Find More Posts by ballores
Old Dec 16, 2009, 02:54 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youssefa View Post
thought I would mention that the vapor is $5 more than ember and is DSM2! @ hobbyking ships from usa warehouse!
Hopefully, the shipping costs will be less then if coming from Hong Kong. Also, Ember 2 is DMS2 compatible. I have two of them flying from one Spektrum, DX6i transmitter. (also have 2 UM P-51's flying off the same transmitter)

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Dec 16, 2009, 05:41 PM
USA, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2009
166 Posts
I was under the impression that vapor was not DSM2
Old Dec 16, 2009, 05:56 PM
80s called they want FLA back
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Hobby City has Embers for $59.00 in the Delaware warehouse, so shipping is real cheap.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...(USA_WAREHOUSE)
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Dec 16, 2009, 06:02 PM
80s called they want FLA back
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Maybe not so cheap. I put it in my cart and shipping came to $16.79 so plus the pay pal charge it would come to $78.79 and I think LHS have them for $79.99
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Dec 19, 2009, 12:39 PM
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Joined Nov 2005
7 Posts
Green Dot Brick

For Todd and others who were interested...

I received my Ember2 from HobbyKing USA warehouse today and it does have a green dot on the receiver board. What does that signify?

Anyway....I received 3 new 130mah batteries from HeadsUpRC yesterday so I have been charging those and the included 70mah battery. I am amazed at how light this plane is...I would guess the packing slip weighs as much as the entire plane, rcvr, esc, motor, etc. This is my first exposure to Ultra Micros and it is going to be an interesting adjustment. My biggest concern now is trying to figure out a way to handle it with my clumsy hands and not break it.

I got a new Spectrum DX6i from lhs the other day and it's all charged up, ready to go...as soon as I can learn how to use it....I did go thru the instructions and very cautiously was able to bind the transmitter to the plane. No complications so I am very encouraged by small successes.

It's too windy to fly outside today so I'll have to wait for the maiden.

With shipping, this came to the door at $76 and some change. If it is available at local shops for $79 I would recommend going that way. Mine was more of an impulse buy that I stumbled upon while surfing the HK web site, and, while I am satisfied with it, right now our local businesses need all the support we can give them.

Now I've got to learn more about my new DX6i....anybody have a favorite setup for the Ember2 they would share?

Therman
thermanator is offline Find More Posts by thermanator
Old Dec 19, 2009, 12:56 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,920 Posts
Thermanator;
Just what i wanted to here.Green dot means 5CH brick.
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Last edited by I R Irv; Dec 19, 2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 03:51 PM
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Joined Nov 2005
7 Posts
Sorry, but there are no empty plug-ins, receptacles, on this board....otherwise it looks like the picture.

Therman
thermanator is offline Find More Posts by thermanator
Old Dec 19, 2009, 04:11 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,920 Posts
I put them on with a GLEN2626 kit.
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Dec 19, 2009, 05:35 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,534 Posts
Ember 2/Spektrum DX6i

For the record, and based on my experiences with three Embers:

Note photo of PKZ3351.

This is the receiver or "brick" that is supplied with and for the Ember 2. It is DMS2 compliant, but is not the receiver as supplied with the UM P-51 Mustang or the UM Sukhoi 26. Thus, there is no Channel 5 or additional channels on the receiver for Ember 2. The green dot, IMO, indicates the receiver is the DMS2 compliant version of the original Ember1 receiver.

Concerning the use of the Spektrum DX6i with an Ember2. Great combination, better than the transmitter supplied with the RTF version of Ember 2 because of range and control resolution. The RTF transmitter is fine, but the DX6i allows you to save up to 10 model configurations, one or more of which can be Embers!! The smoothness of the rudder and elevator action is a real plus. Best of all, there is NO NEED to program the DX6i for the Ember, other than binding it to the plane. The default 100% throws are just fine, thank you. So, don't sweat the need for dual rates, exponential, servo throw, endpoints, etc. These are great features of the DXi6, and IMHO a definite MUST HAVE for the UM Sukhoi and UM P-51 Mustang, but not needed for the Ember 2.

I have made the DX6i my one and only transmitter for my ever building Micro-fleet. 4 planes on it now, another 2 to be added as soon as the planes arrive! (Playmate, PkZn J-3 Cub).

Hope all of this is of help.

RD
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Doug Sipprell; Dec 19, 2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: added photo
Old Dec 19, 2009, 05:57 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermanator View Post
This is my first exposure to Ultra Micros and it is going to be an interesting adjustment. My biggest concern now is trying to figure out a way to handle it with my clumsy hands and not break it. Therman
You have made the best choice possible, I believe (then again, I am partial to Embers ) in choosing an Ember 2 as your first microflyer. The most fragil part of the plane, from what I have experienced, is the tail feathers. In-so-far as flying is concerned, the plane can take an amazing amount of bumpy landings, occassional hits into solid objects without any damage. When flying outdoors, do it in calm weather, over grass.

For handling/transport considerations, use the shipping container as a "hangar". I have set up all three of my Embers to essentially have their own "hangars", suitably set up for storage, charging, transport. So far, no "hangar rash". I leave the landing gear attached, the secret being to make two holes for the wheels to hang through.

Have fun with your Ember!

RD
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Dec 19, 2009, 06:23 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Apr 2007
4,679 Posts
And here's my "portable" hanger:

Bill
Sir Raleigh is offline Find More Posts by Sir Raleigh