Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:13 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
Hi all,
How's everyone? Just a social. Up too early. so am watching the Olympics...
Still no $ for hobbies. Going nuts. Austerity is no fun. Just mowing the lawn and doing some gardening. Pretty boring. The rains have started and things are much better from a fire hazard point, at least until things dry again.
regards,
Bill
Hi Guys,
Bill,That sounds like not much fun.
Iam still lurking here a little bit,But havent flown any of my helis for a long time now.
Being onsite each morning at 5am is a rude shock to my system,But it is great to be home by 3pm each afternoon and not having to work weekends is awesome too.
Iam guessing the weather will start to cool down there soon and start to warm up a little here too.
Last weekend I took the bike for a ride down the coast and althouth it was a nice sunny day,It still got cold as the sun was starting to go down.
I hope everyone is doing well.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:39 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,638 Posts
Hi all,

Just thought I'd check in and see if everyone is doing well.

I haven't flown any of my helis for many months...too much time with the doctors. I'm determined to get back to this great hobby though sooner rather than later, I REALLY miss it.

I just thought I'd post a pic I took today as the space shuttle Endeavour, on top of a 747, flew directly over my house at 10,000 feet...quit a sight.

Hope to spend more time here soon.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:23 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer View Post
Hi all,

I haven't flown any of my helis for many months...too much time with the doctors. I'm determined to get back to this great hobby though sooner rather than later, I REALLY miss it.

I just thought I'd post a pic I took today as the space shuttle Endeavour, on top of a 747, flew directly over my house at 10,000 feet...quit a sight.

Regards,
John
Hi John,
Good to see you here. I have barely touched a heli for months,But I may just pick up a controller again soon and see how I go.
Iam hoping the doctors visits are gonna be better soon for you.
That would be a rare sight to see up in the sky. We don't get anything like that here.
Have a great weekend.
Regards Jason
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:14 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,482 Posts
Quote:
Hi all,

Regards,
John
Hope you get better soon. I guess flying is in are blood. I could see the shuttle from my job I work in El Segundo have pictures landing at LAX.
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:46 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
John...sorry to hear you've been seeing too much of the Dr. We got a flyby of the Shuttle, too.

Doing make do construction. Not at all what I wanted...but economics. Putting 1/2in CDX plywood behind cabinets in place of sheetrock....and using that chipboard [not the compressed sawdust] in places that are not highly visible..

What the heli is a heli???? I look at mine once in a while. Still interested, just not in the budget....Makes me sad that I can't participate. I know I will never be good, but it sure is a lotta fun, even the repairs.
Anyone hear from microkites?
Completed the deal for that woodstove, finally....and got a bunch more of triple wall pipe.
Started breaking down the brushpile. Getting that time to think of heat.

Jason,
You still seeing that lady, get married?......and whatever became of your interlock design?

Miss y'all

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:20 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
Hi all,
John...sorry to hear you've been seeing too much of the Dr. We got a flyby of the Shuttle, too.

Doing make do construction. Not at all what I wanted...but economics. Putting 1/2in CDX plywood behind cabinets in place of sheetrock....and using that chipboard [not the compressed sawdust] in places that are not highly visible..

What the heli is a heli???? I look at mine once in a while. Still interested, just not in the budget....Makes me sad that I can't participate. I know I will never be good, but it sure is a lotta fun, even the repairs.
Anyone hear from microkites?
Completed the deal for that woodstove, finally....and got a bunch more of triple wall pipe.
Started breaking down the brushpile. Getting that time to think of heat.

Jason,
You still seeing that lady, get married?......and whatever became of your interlock design?

Miss y'all

regards,
Bill
Hi Bill,
It's good to see you still here.
I think helis are a little bit like a tattoo. Once they get under your skin,They are there for life.
It has been several months since I picked up a transmitter and until recently,I hadn't made any heli parts for months too.
We have a new Boss at work who put a stop to all the overtime we were doing,So I have had to start taking some orders again.It is a case of learning how to make the parts all over again,But Iam getting used to it again.
Iam still with my beautiful little lady.We only get to see each other on the weekends because we live 200km away from each other,But I think we will be spending a lot more time together soon. She is one of the really great women. We spent last weekend riding around on the bike together in the awesome spring weather.
The sales for the interlocks have stopped at the moment although it has been almost a year and not a single failure yet. Maybe the orders will come back for them soon though.
MicroKites is one of my friends on Facebook and I see him on there at times. I must say hello to him as he is on of the good guys in the heli world.
Regards Jason
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:08 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
awww.. thanks Jason! always reading your posts on fb. watching yours and Lisa's relationship blossom has been a joy to behold. happy for you and more than a little jealous!

Hey Bill! glad to hear the renovations still going well, even if it is on the cheap. gotta do what you gotta do, no?

hadnt touched any rc for almost a year now- been extremely busy with my kite business. now that the seasons slowing, will focus more on my web design and online aspects. learning web design is slow for me though.

been watching the new quads coming out- been wanting a ladybird for last few months. just ordered the light 4ch version from wow. heard nothing but good about it, and if it is even half the fun of the #8, will be well worth it. Bill, these boards are so cheap now, and so much better from what I have heard, that you can probably build one of your hybrids for 1/2 the cost of previously.
ans some of these new tiny cp's! even from the big name companies! watch one other day, think was newest blade cp, was doing real 3d over his coffee table! how long ago was that our fondest pipe dream??
anyway, doing well, still lurking, probably be on more as I fan the flames of my addiction to life again. smaller, faster, cheaper and stronger? cant wait!
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:14 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
ah.. was the blade nano cpx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=njyfhg5G8BI
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:40 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,638 Posts
Hi all,

Feeling better and finally kinda getting back into tis great hobby!

Jason, great to hear about your relationship and that life in general is going well for you!

Bill, yeah renovations and limited budgets can be like oil and water, they don't mix very well. Hope things are going well for you! Post some pics of your progress and don't hesitate to call if I can be of any help, albeit from a 1000 miles or so away.

MK, glad to hear your kite business is doing well! Yes the Ladybird is a sweet little quad. I just finished a 9 LED light set for mine...flew it early this morning berfore sunrise, very cool.

I have a Hoten-X on the way from Terence, a little bigger than I'm used to but should be FUN to play with.

Hope all here are doing well.

A few pics of my Ladybird.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:13 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
sweet quad there! lmk if you start selig some lights!

anyone try the magic cube with the ladybird yet? would make for a very compact travelling set up if it worked well

glad to see everyone is still alive and kicking!

mk
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:40 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Quote:
Hi all,

Feeling better and finally kinda getting back into tis great hobby!

Jason, great to hear about your relationship and that life in general is going well for you!

Bill, yeah renovations and limited budgets can be like oil and water, they don't mix very well. Hope things are going well for you! Post some pics of your progress and don't hesitate to call if I can be of any help, albeit from a 1000 miles or so away.

MK, glad to hear your kite business is doing well! Yes the Ladybird is a sweet little quad. I just finished a 9 LED light set for mine...flew it early this morning berfore sunrise, very cool.

I have a Hoten-X on the way from Terence, a little bigger than I'm used to but should be FUN to play with.

Hope all here are doing well.

A few pics of my Ladybird.

Regards,
John

Hi Guys,
John,Iam glad you are starting to get better.Your new lights look awesome. Your work is always so neat. Great work.
Things are going pretty well for me. Things are great with Lisa. She is one in a million. She also has a great sense of humour too. It is a shame we live 200km from each other.
MK,Glad to see you are still around and things are going great with your kites. I have seen some on Facebook. They look great.
I have been taking a few orders for parts and kits lately and they help keep money in the account. I still hope to build a new larger machine within the next few months.
Regards Jason
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:45 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Wow..
a reunion!
Nice to see everyone! You have no idea how bad I miss this.. whine whine whine....

still, putting around the homestead, here. No major improvements. Finished the "Wainscoat" made from weathered 2 X 6's. Won't anybody fall or kick thru. You may draw a pretty good splinter...HeHeHe

work came to an abrupt halt with one if those "Life Alert" moments. My back gave way for no particular reason. Was telling Tracy that I have the perfect Halloween gig...Zombie. That's how I walk, once I get upright.

These new baby quads look like a ton of fun...a lot of the new is cool, but I still like my 4#6 moth. ....the fact that I have no money may be coloring that opinion....
Jason,
I do still have the $ I owe you in my wallet and haven't forgotten and feel terrible. I'll try to get a card to you very soon. It's a long story that you don't wanna hear.

Hey John,
You got any experience with "Rocket Stove Mass Heaters"? It's a woodburning heater.
If you do, I have a couple of Q's. Been meaning to give you a call, just to talk.

regards,
Bill
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:51 PM
Jesus Freak
Southern CA
Joined Oct 2008
3,209 Posts
thought i'd chime in, picked up a new hobby, air rifle! able to go plinking with my bride so pretty kewl hobby
AtTheCross is offline Find More Posts by AtTheCross
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:55 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Richard!!!!!!
everything OK at you?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:39 PM
Jesus Freak
Southern CA
Joined Oct 2008
3,209 Posts
yep all is well!!! thanks for asking. i just have not had the heli bug in me for last month or so, been a little bit since i've flown last. but i did just come in from plinking with my bride, zero'd the scope at 30yrds it was pretty windy, shooting into the wind so i'm not real sure about the zero, but it's pretty close
AtTheCross is offline Find More Posts by AtTheCross