HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:27 AM
n00b pilot
Brandenburg, KY, USA
Joined Dec 2005
447 Posts
Discussion
Plastic Blades vs Titanium Boom - Your thoughts

The tailboom on my Blade CP got zapped by a set of plastic blades. I was wondering if anyone has tried one of those titanium tailbooms that I've seen advertised. I thought that might reduce damage to the boom on a blade strike.

Thanks.
MikeyToo is offline Find More Posts by MikeyToo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:48 AM
Joined Sep 2007
852 Posts
I have the superboom by super skids - i like it so far - it has some flex built in compared to the carbon boom so it wont break like the carbons. Its still heavier but i reckon the added reliability is well worth it. In a really bad crash it still bends, but you can straighten it out by hand to 95% or so (its difficult to get it completely straight)

The alternative is to run a solid carbon rod inside the super boom. The result is an unbreakable boom but the stress of crashes gets transfered to the frame, so in really bad crashes the frame will crack. I used to run this but broke 2 frames in the process. ITs also really tail heavy with a sold boom.
learninginverted is offline Find More Posts by learninginverted
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:20 PM
Northern Cali
Joined Sep 2003
1,317 Posts
When I fly my plasti-blades I will put a length of fuel tubing over the tail boom for protection. Quick, cheap, and easy fix!
Brown Shoe is offline Find More Posts by Brown Shoe