HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2014, 01:39 AM
United States, WA, Twisp
Joined Sep 2013
263 Posts
Help!
MORE questions!

1. Why don't my motors arm first time, every time? On the first flight after connecting the battery, I almost always have to go through the arming process several times, although once I've gotten it to arm, it works fine if I disarm and rearm without disconnecting the battery.

2. Do I need to re-calibrate my gyro/ACC before EVERY flight, and since I don't, could that be the reason for question 1?

FC is an HK MW 328P running on MW 2.3, bird is a self designed PVC plus configured quad. Power system is NTM 2830-900KV, HK Q-Brain 25A. 4 in 1 ESC, and a Turnigy Nano-Tech 3S, 3300 mAh battery. Still learning and trying to figure stuff out, any help will be much appreciated.

Dave
daved20319 is offline Find More Posts by daved20319
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2014, 08:35 AM
Joined Jan 2014
571 Posts
With MultiWii the Gryo is calibrated every time the FC boots. During this time the FC board MOST NOT MOVE to have a good gryo cal. If it does you have the option of doing the gryo cal manually from the sticks.
Accelerometer Calibration is only done ONCE, preferably from the MultiWii Config wigh the copter level. Later while if flight if you notice drift in ANGLE (level) mode you can land and use the Sticks to do a ACC TRIM. Do not re-do the ACC Cal after this since it will wipe out the acc trim.

Arming:
1- the copter must be level to within about 15degrees or it will not arm.
2- Are the Stick endpoints (Yaw & Throttle) down to 1000 as shown in the Config? If not then adjust the end points in your transmitter setup (gains) until the sticks go 1000 to 2000.

Here is a pretty good overview of setting up MultiWii:
http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/videos.html
waltr is online now Find More Posts by waltr