Old Apr 12, 2013, 12:18 AM
Co-heir with Christ
United States, CA, San Juan Capistrano
Joined Feb 2013
119 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
Discussion
Amostafa defense...

Recently, Amostafa purchased a Nano CPX from a member here saying it was in like new shape. I personally can confirm that this heli had issues upon arrival.
The first thing, Amostafa noted to me was the servo problem... Teeth were not missing, It simply had a spot that the servo would stall. Once the stick was pushed far enough, it would get by the sticking point and operate normally. Either had a bad tooth or something jammed but we could see nothing. It was not a obvious defect but it was there and I'll bet that the seller didn't even notice this as it would still fly control ably.

The main trouble was the severe vibration. On a 130x, the instructions tell you to spool it up rather quickly because there are some RPMs that vibrate the heli... Well, for this Nano, that RPM was its normal head speed. The vertical stabilizer shook so bad, it was about a 1" blur, the main blades put off the vibration sound and the batteries lasted about 2 minutes or less while in a hover.

I don't know the sellers experience with Helis, but this is not how it should work.

The heli did hover hands free and was flyable, but still wasn't right.

I'm assuming that the seller was confident that this heli was in "Like New" condition and is thinking that Amostafa is trying to pull something, but I can say that this heli has a few issues. It flies and does well... but not quite how it should, that's all.

Centergod79... I don't know what else to say...
Dcope17 is online now Find More Posts by Dcope17
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2013, 07:26 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
7,538 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
Aha!- the other side of the story !
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 12, 2013, 08:07 AM
some call me macgyver....
United States, OK, Shawnee
Joined Feb 2012
723 Posts
Trader Rating: 147
Hmm......
bethelflier8036 is offline Find More Posts by bethelflier8036
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: my son is cancer free
Old May 07, 2013, 07:49 PM
R/C Anything
United States, OH, Martins Ferry
Joined Mar 2013
16 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
Wow I really wish I would have seen this post. I can say in my defense, I would never sell anything or describe anything other than how it is. I bought the heli, and flew it 3-5 times, and I'm not saying 3-5 sessions, only 1 session. I didn't like the way it flew, and other people fly the nano and love it. As far as the issues that you guys are saying, I really feel as if that an issue that should have been taken up with horizon. If I buy something Brand new, and it has issues that I'm not aware of, how can you blame me for listing it as like new, I gave the man his partial refund, but he insisted that I lied in my description, I didn't, as far as I knew it was new, I jst had bought the thing. I knew it flew squirrly, but I thought that was the sensitivity of the nano I didn't like, I had no intentions of ripping anyone off. it's funny how the only thing I've sold on here that had an issue is a flying device, this is not the other side of the story, this is someone coming on here trying to mediate an issue that I never in a million years thought would be an issue, I truly felt I was selling a brand new heli, I had just bought that damn thing, and I did nothing to it to damage it, so when amostafa said I sold him a damaged heli and wanted money back, I knew in my mind that heli was shipped in the same condition horizon manufactured it. I have a brand new in the box 130 x, that I would love to sell, because I'm more of a surface guy, but I just will not take a chance of being scammed by a flying object. Here's a prime example of how RC is handled around these parts, when you buy it, it's yours, if you break it, you buy the parts to fix it. I bought a muggy off of someone on this forum, and the motor will not hold a pinion, I'm paying $90 to have the motor repaired by castle, I'm not going after the seller for a partial refund, buy I did nothing to this muggy to cause it to throw pinions. I sold him a brand new heli, I guarantee you, the manufacturer tested the heli more than I flew it.
centergod79 is offline Find More Posts by centergod79
Old May 07, 2013, 08:29 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
United States, TX, Garland
Joined May 2005
3,326 Posts
Trader Rating: 136
Flown 1 or 3 times makes it not brand new. That gets alot of people messed up around here. Brand new is still in box untouched, not test flown/just run up to check if it works/patially assembled ect. Just wanted to throw that out there....
fh64_lucky is online now Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2013, 09:03 PM
Going Supersonic!
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
700 Posts
Trader Rating: 74

Helldiver is offline Find More Posts by Helldiver
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2013, 09:38 PM
United States, MA, Dennis
Joined Nov 2012
491 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Why should the buyer have to deal with the manufacturer?
He bought it from you Not horizon. If it isn't right, it's the sellers responsibility to make it right. If that means taking the whole thing back and refunding the buyer that's the right thing to do.
If its been used it is not brand new.
Even if it was new and never opened, and was bad you are the seller and are responsible to make it right as advertised.

I don't know what you guys worked out, but shifting the responsiby to someone else is not cool.
CCkiter is offline Find More Posts by CCkiter
Old May 07, 2013, 09:38 PM
R/C Anything
Joined Mar 2013
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post

Is there something wrong with the picture, and as far as BNIB, I said like new, but in all honestly, I disagree that just because you take it out of the box fly it and decide you don't like it should take away from the value. If you go to walmart I can guarantee you will find items on the shelf opened that someone returned that they are still selling as Brand new. Nothing electronic leaves the manufacturer untested, so if that's the case nothing is untouched brand new, think about it, what is actually untouched brand new. But nevertheless, this helicopter was no different than a brand new one in my eyes, I don't know what happened from my possession to cali, but I can tell you this, if it would have been purchased from an online website, as brand new, and it arrived with some manufacturers defects, you would blame horizon, and call them for warranty, which amostafa could have done, but instead he decided to attack me, threaten to leave me negative feedback, over something I was unaware was wrong, if I would have used it a little longer than 1 session, maybe I would have discovered more about it, but I didn't, so I sold it like new condition, sorry, no more good deals from me on new air products, it's just too risky to sell on here. I own and operate a legit 100% honest Car audio and other customization shop, and sell online all the time, check our website www.beetemcaraudio.com, we do great business
Old May 08, 2013, 08:30 AM
Joined Nov 2012
491 Posts
This is the new customer service. "We sell it and we will take your money, but if there is a problem DON'T CALL US! Its not our fault and we feel zero obligation to take care of you."
I believe you are %100 honest about how you treat your customers which is why I would never buy anything from you.
This is the same treatment you get from Home Depot on some items, where once it is out the door its your problem.
If he bought the Heli from horizon of course he would call horizon. But he didn't, he bought it from you and you should have taken care of him.
Often the guarantee is valid for the original purchase, you are putting the problem on the customer when it would be easier for you to get it taken care of.
I have operated a retail business for 18 years and I would NEVER tell the customer to call the manufacturer if there is a problem. I take care of the customer quickly and then I deal with the manufacturer on the defective item. Its called customer service and you don't get it.
Old May 08, 2013, 09:22 AM
R/C Anything
Joined Mar 2013
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCkiter View Post
This is the new customer service. "We sell it and we will take your money, but if there is a problem DON'T CALL US! Its not our fault and we feel zero obligation to take care of you."
I believe you are %100 honest about how you treat your customers which is why I would never buy anything from you.
This is the same treatment you get from Home Depot on some items, where once it is out the door its your problem.
If he bought the Heli from horizon of course he would call horizon. But he didn't, he bought it from you and you should have taken care of him.
Often the guarantee is valid for the original purchase, you are putting the problem on the customer when it would be easier for you to get it taken care of.
I have operated a retail business for 18 years and I would NEVER tell the customer to call the manufacturer if there is a problem. I take care of the customer quickly and then I deal with the manufacturer on the defective item. Its called customer service and you don't get it.
OK, maybe some people just get too use to wal-mart, I didn't sell anything that was broke, and I'm still sticking to that, and theirs not a LHS I've ever been to in my life that when something goes wrong, they don't call the manufacture. Horizon is not just an online store, they are the manufacturer, so therefore they are responsible for warranty. This is why I catch hell everytime I want to buy something on this forum, and no one wants to use paypal, because of how some of you people think. I know that helicopter left my possession in brand new condition, look at the picture, I didn't take extra pictures because I didn't feel I needed to, it wasn't any damage to it, this buyer buys this helicopter, receives it at 11:30 on a saturday morning, and waits until the following day to say it has a bent tail, missing teeth in the servo, and whatever else, and I'm supposed to just hock out money, please. I'm done with this, this man crashed that helicopter as soon as he got it, and put it on me, I refunded him his money to buy his parts, I'm done. I do business everyday, e-commerce, and brick and mortar, and anything anyone buys from me, if it goes down I deal with the manufacturer, but when it come to R/C it's personal belongings, and I'm not set-up with the manufacturer to do returns, so if it's something the manufacturer will cover under warranty, the yes you need to contact them, bottomline. But that wasn't the case here, I refunded him the money to replace broke parts that he broke. If anyone on here knows anything about R/C period 24 hours is enough time to break 20 RC heli's, car, or anything else of that matter, hell I take cars out sometime and break them in 30 sec., but I don't go cry to the LHS, I buy the part I break and keep it moving. If you can't afford to replace broke parts, you're in the wrong hobby
Old May 08, 2013, 10:02 AM
Mountain Home, Ar.
Joined Dec 2009
295 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
centergod79, you are suffering from the "don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up" syndrome. You are wrong. Go down to your local new car dealer, buy a new car, drive it around the dealer's lot, and go back and tell him that you don't like it and you are selling it back to him in new condition and see where that gets you. Even if that helicopter flew as new, it wasn't. If you were on the other end of this deal, you would understand quickly enough.
JollyPopper200 is online now Find More Posts by JollyPopper200
Old May 08, 2013, 07:40 PM
Joined Nov 2012
491 Posts
I don't get why people think that selling on a forum or not from your retail store gets you off the hook when it comes to service.
Now if the item was crashed and broken by the buyer that's a totally different scenario.
My comments were in response to your saying that if someone buys a bum product from you they are the ones stuck with dealing with the manufacturer for the warrantee.
It's not about being able to afford the replacement parts, it's the principle of selling a problem to someone else to deal with.
If he crashed it and screwed it up its not a warrantee and he should deal with it.
If it was defective from day one and you sold it that way. The onus is on you to make it right.
Old May 08, 2013, 09:52 PM
Going Supersonic!
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
700 Posts
Trader Rating: 74
If you look closely on the picture you can clearly see the main rotor blade tips have missing paint. One would assume that the blades were spinning when it made contact with something hard. This helicopter does not look BNIB.

Anytime you are selling something that has been flown....(even if it was only 2 flights) make sure to post as much pictures as possible so the buyer knows exactly what they are buying.
Helldiver is offline Find More Posts by Helldiver
RCG Plus Member
Old May 08, 2013, 10:03 PM
AMA 1042906
Derby, Kansas
Joined Mar 2008
1,068 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
So, centergod, what's your plan?
swimmer is online now Find More Posts by swimmer