HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Discussion
*New* WL Toys v922 micro CP

WL Toys, maker of the popular v911 micro FP heli, is in the process of manufacturing a collective pitched (CP) that appears to share many similarity to the HiSky FBL100. Many of us who keep up to date with the micro CP helis on the market know that the HiSky FBL100 borrow many of it's design from the Blade mCPX. It's what many of us have been waiting for and the latest rumor suggest that's is almost upon us.

Forum hero and unofficial liaison to WL Toys jameschen072 originally hinted that WL Toys will produce a clone of a micro CP heli we have already seen before.

Then thanks to the sleuthing work of FyreSG, we got a good idea of what that clone may be like.

What we "think" we know so far...
  • Sad Day....Not FlySky compatible. So it will not bind to the Turnigy 9x or TH9x radios that their v911, v929, v939 and v949 current can.**
  • Good news: It will bind to the HiSky HT8 module that plugs into other radio. So that's some welcome news. Too bad you have to purchase the HiSky module separately. Makes more sense to just buy the HiSky FBL100 with module included.
  • BangGood list it as the WLToys v922
  • It's a clone of the cloned Blade mCP X. It looks like the HiSky FBL100 but will come with the black/orange coloration of the original "Corter" the v911.
  • There are photos of a 80 sized and a 100 sized version.
  • Will be available soon. Soodohobby.com is the first to list the heli @109usd.**
  • BangGood also made the v922 available.** With a price of $98.99.
  • Pricing isn't "too bad" subjectively commented on by jameschen. But it's not yet set in stone. FyreSG citing a Chinese forum thread where the OP said it's expected to be below 500RMB, which translate to a price of $80usd. (For reference, the HobbyKing Turnigy FBL100 currently sells for $109. Latest information from James citing a fairly reliable source, that the price of the CP will come in at about $100-110usd shipped.**)
  • There is a mode tailored to the beginner CP pilot, where upon inverting the heli, the flight control still respond as if the heli is right side up.**

First clear photo of the WL Toys v922 100 sized:

wltoys_micro_cp_FBL100_clone by ultimateMicro, on Flickr

We get a first glimpse at the WL Toys micro CP 80 sized:

Photo of the FBL80 next to the v911:

Flight Video of the FBL80:
http://player.youku.com/player.php/s...NjQxODYw/v.swf
ultimateMicro is offline Find More Posts by ultimateMicro
Last edited by ultimateMicro; Mar 25, 2013 at 06:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:55 AM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Commentary:
Why am I excited about this latest 6ch CP?

WL Toys came on the scene last year and showed us that they do listen to forum feedback and isn't too shy from introducing improvements to a reference design during their production run.
  • On the v911, they beefed up the Solo Pro's blade pivot pin and flybar. Two areas that often break for me. Along with a bigger and longer CF boom for durability and tail authority. These changes made the v911 really crash resistant.
  • They then offered BNF at the request of the forum members. Now, people aren't even fixing their v911 anymore. They simply buy a new one for $20.
  • On the v929, they did a good job of making a good, stable and fast flying quad. Very durable. And is quick to come out with an LED version. Because it's what many of us wanted.

So, it will be an interesting introduction when this new 6ch CP comes out from WL Toys. If they can manage to keep it compatible with the FlySky protocol, they automatically make it a more hobby grade heli and will succeed where the HiSKY FBL100 won't. And if their past is any indication, they will have a bind and fly model (BNF), which means they are among the few chinese companies that can be compared to Horizon Hobby business model. Walkera and possibly Nine Eagles are the others that come to mind.

Since it's based on the aforementioned HiSKY FBL100, we know that some of the parts will be interchangeable with the Blade MCP X. This is great news because the mCP X has garner a lot of third part upgrades and are the focus of tinkerers and modders for the last year. So we'll have a rich source of community performance mods and ideas we can source from.
Last edited by ultimateMicro; Sep 14, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:57 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Omg :d
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:01 AM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Bringing over relevant post from the other thread:

First videos found of the WLToys Micro CP 100 class...
[Preview] WLtoys / Benma 6 Channel Flybarless Micro Helicopter #1 (2 min 16 sec)

[Preview] WLtoys / Benma 6 Channel Flybarless Micro Helicopter #2 (5 min 0 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Awesome news here.
I just saw pictures of WLToy's newest 6 channel bird
it's a direct clone of a certain heli that's found on this forum down to the canopy, but in the colors of the original V911 (orange and black)
I cannot release the pictures yet... but I think many of you guys have seen this heli before
it's pricing isn't too bad either... but it's not set in stone yet so I can't reveal that either.

Expect to see it in 1-2 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Some searching the web with chinese keywords, I found 2 useful chinese forum threads:

http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...ead&tid=676597

http://bbs.mx3g.com/thread-240322-3-1.html

Just as I've guessed - looks "like" the HiSKY FBL100
Here's the original photoshop mockup I made before we knew what it actually looks like...(updated 2012/09/17)
I made a photoshop mockup. LOL this is just for fun. I'll update once we find out more.
Last edited by ultimateMicro; Nov 21, 2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:18 AM
mCP-X, mSR, 9958, v911, DX6i
Joined Jul 2011
42 Posts
The V911 is brilliant. If this heli is comparable in quality, and 9X compatible, I'll definately get one!
Luftwaffel is offline Find More Posts by Luftwaffel
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:20 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
5,992 Posts
Video here

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQ3MzU0NTQ4.html
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Sep 14, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:22 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
That link couldn't get thru my firewall.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:29 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
599 Posts
*subscribing*
I really hope that this will be one more of WL's incredibly durable and 9x compatible toys!
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:30 AM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
5,479 Posts
I am waiting in line with my wallet open. Your move WL Toys. (Please don't disappoint us)

6th in line. Yay!!!
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:34 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
5,992 Posts
This is extremely serious news for both Blade and Walkera. The V911 no doubt played a part in the discontinuation of the mSR and CB100.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:38 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,258 Posts
The real key will be 9x compatibility
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:11 AM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
It would be great if it comes with a computerized radio but I doubt that would happen due to cost. But my concern is that they are even attempting a CP heli. Sure the V911 is a real winner but it's also ultra-simplistic. I feel they should progress to a FBL FP heli first in order to prove they can engineer a reliable FBL design before jumping up to a CP.
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:28 AM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
What do you all think the price point will be? My guess is $65
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:40 AM
VAPORIZED
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2010
1,262 Posts
I for one will not take part of this rip off.
pappy1 is offline Find More Posts by pappy1
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:12 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,258 Posts
Nobody asked you to
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief