New Products Flash Sale
Old May 16, 2015, 11:46 AM
Find More Posts by helicycle
R/C addict...
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2006
172 Posts
Discussion
FMS Fox/V-Tail or HK Spirit/Super Kinetic??

So I'm having a bit of a quandary. I'm looking for something a bit bigger than a UMX Radian, to fly at my neighborhood field (about soccer field size). I've ben looking at the FMS offerings and the HobbyKing models of 800mm powered gliders. Just not sure which is best, or if there's evens huge difference. Any and all input is appreciated. I'll be using either a DX6 or a FrSky Taranis.

I'm looking for a nice, easy-flying, relaxing plane, maybe a little warm-lining, but one that doesn't require high speeds to fly well. I know this won't be a soarer or thermal, but I don't want to have to be "on my toes" the entire flight!

Thanks!
helicycle is offline Find More Posts by helicycle
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2015, 05:01 PM
Find More Posts by FlyinHiAgain
AvidAirAce
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Mar 2015
13 Posts
Stock, the Super Kinetic is a great glider. It will fly well slow and will book when you nail the throttle(for a 220w mini glider). When you go into close to full aileron turns keep up your speed cause there is always the possibility of the dreaded tip-stall. This is the only glider I can speak for but you should be good with any of the brands you listed. Hope this helps.
-tayze
FlyinHiAgain is offline Find More Posts by FlyinHiAgain