New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:42 AM
Hollywood2979 is offline
Find More Posts by Hollywood2979
Registered User
Hollywood2979's Avatar
United States, TX, Cibolo
Joined Nov 2011
381 Posts
I still think its a beautiful plane, I have one of each, a Fly Fly and a Aerosky B60 in boxes.
Hollywood2979 is offline Find More Posts by Hollywood2979
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:54 AM
captain MoMo is online now
Find More Posts by captain MoMo
Mach One
captain MoMo's Avatar
Joined Apr 2011
4,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg View Post
Didn't think anyone was here.! (like if a tree falls in the woods does anybody here it?) All the un built kits out there! Wow.
I have had gremlins with mine.. Maiden went initially well, yet my right power went down causing an unrecoverable nose in.. A bit of damage.. Persued and fixed all.. Not as pretty anymore.. But .. Changed out some things .. Got another vid I'll put up..
A little disappointed in its "tailwagging" characteristic, Even with counter rotating props.. I wonder if it has to do with its very "flexible" vertical stab. I tried some stiffening but still "wags".. (Have not yet flown in calm air as of yet) And, although goofy a little too, I had him .. So a different pilot as well.. Attachment 7724853
Put a Head Holding Gyro like the Guardian or the A3X and the problem will go away. Its mostly due to air flow and direction bouncing the model around - and at times imperfect aerodynamics of models as opposed to the real scale versions. I want to build mine soon as I love the looks. I will look at going all out with mods Including adding spring loaded metal struts, rubber wheels, Guardian Gyro, maybe ebrakes and lights... plus chaneg out the goofy WWI pilots!
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:59 AM
captain MoMo is online now
Find More Posts by captain MoMo
Mach One
captain MoMo's Avatar
Joined Apr 2011
4,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg View Post
Didn't think anyone was here.! (like if a tree falls in the woods does anybody here it?) All the un built kits out there! Wow.
I have had gremlins with mine.. Maiden went initially well, yet my right power went down causing an unrecoverable nose in.. A bit of damage.. Persued and fixed all.. Not as pretty anymore.. But .. Changed out some things .. Got another vid I'll put up..
A little disappointed in its "tailwagging" characteristic, Even with counter rotating props.. I wonder if it has to do with its very "flexible" vertical stab. I tried some stiffening but still "wags".. (Have not yet flown in calm air as of yet) And, although goofy a little too, I had him .. So a different pilot as well.. Attachment 7724853
What control surface throws and CG did you use foryour model?

Thanks
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:18 AM
Cocg is online now
Find More Posts by Cocg
Fly and let Fly!
Cocg's Avatar
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
3,099 Posts
Capt. Momo. Will get back to you on the throws, Generally I'll "eyeball" them.. triple rates.. I found it needed full Elevator rate to feel authorative.. And thought of the Gyro thing.. CG.. 120mm back from LE at the root.. Does well at my 5ooo ft. altitude. BTW, Cannot get the flaps to sit "tight" .. I think the clevis/horn placement is too far back on the flap surface..
Don't let this happen to you.. Name: 2015-01-25 009.jpg
Views: 21
Size: 1.24 MB
Description: I believe when I "propped up" .. Overloaded an ESC.. But she is good now.. Did buy a new canopy and even though new wings etc. are available, wanted to get this dialed in 1st.. Think I got it..
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:39 PM
Cocg is online now
Find More Posts by Cocg
Fly and let Fly!
Cocg's Avatar
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
3,099 Posts
Here is the other..

Vid...
Nitroplanes Aerosky RC Duke B60 Twin Plane Cam mount. (1 min 41 sec)
.. Since folks are still around.. ! Get them built boys..!!
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2015, 02:41 PM
Finest Racing is offline
Find More Posts by Finest Racing
Rookie Pilot
Finest Racing's Avatar
United States, NJ, Old Bridge Township
Joined May 2013
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg View Post
Vid... https://youtu.be/kQ3kkD1cyNk.. Since folks are still around.. ! Get them built boys..!!
Reading and watching all the problems make me wonder if I should risk flying the plane.

Has anyone replaced the motors with the HobbyKing 900kv motors? I read somewhere they were more efficient.
Finest Racing is offline Find More Posts by Finest Racing
Last edited by Finest Racing; Mar 31, 2015 at 02:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2015, 03:02 PM
Cocg is online now
Find More Posts by Cocg
Fly and let Fly!
Cocg's Avatar
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
3,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finest Racing View Post
Reading and watching all the problems make me wonder if I should risk flying the plane.

Has anyone replaced the motors with the HobbyKing 900kv motors? I read somewhere they were more efficient.
Those HK motors are what I am flying with.. Efficiency ..? So so.. Bats always come down warm, (although all flights have been wind battling) using 3000 to 3300 mah 4s.. Did a 5s for a flight, (separate BEC with a 500mah 3s.) but motors/props seem to hit a red line and rpm out. Flys fine however scale like and then some.. Frankly its gets off the ground in a hurry if you don't scale accelarate, could probably change pitch for more rpm.. You must fly it scared or not. No excuses..!
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2015, 04:16 PM
handyman 220 is offline
Find More Posts by handyman 220
Registered User
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood2979 View Post
I still think its a beautiful plane, I have one of each, a Fly Fly and a Aerosky B60 in boxes.
My FlyFly is built, no maiden yet. Aerosky still in the box.
handyman 220 is offline Find More Posts by handyman 220
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2015, 04:54 PM
Finest Racing is offline
Find More Posts by Finest Racing
Rookie Pilot
Finest Racing's Avatar
United States, NJ, Old Bridge Township
Joined May 2013
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg View Post
Those HK motors are what I am flying with.. Efficiency ..? So so.. Bats always come down warm, (although all flights have been wind battling) using 3000 to 3300 mah 4s.. Did a 5s for a flight, (separate BEC with a 500mah 3s.) but motors/props seem to hit a red line and rpm out. Flys fine however scale like and then some.. Frankly its gets off the ground in a hurry if you don't scale accelarate, could probably change pitch for more rpm.. You must fly it scared or not. No excuses..!
Thanks, I have a 4000mah I would to try. It is small enough to fit.
Finest Racing is offline Find More Posts by Finest Racing
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2015, 03:11 PM
Smokin_Joes is offline
Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
What tree??.......Doh!!
Smokin_Joes's Avatar
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
801 Posts
Cocg, are you using 9g servo on the rudder? I've essentially put 17g's all the way around except on nose steering and rudder.

I'm gonna run up the stock motors with MA 9x7-3 blades and see what the watts ate before deciding on other props.

This gal is fat and short!

Neil
Smokin_Joes is offline Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
Last edited by Smokin_Joes; May 12, 2015 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Listed incorrect prop size
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2015, 04:09 PM
Cocg is online now
Find More Posts by Cocg
Fly and let Fly!
Cocg's Avatar
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
3,099 Posts
Neil.
Yes .. 9G servo.. Seems ok.. No "issues" ... I did have other issues.. Finally got ironed out.. Hmm.. good to see a post.. Due to put mine up..
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2015, 05:34 PM
captain MoMo is online now
Find More Posts by captain MoMo
Mach One
captain MoMo's Avatar
Joined Apr 2011
4,311 Posts
Guys - I love this model ! I have two... none built yet

Been busy with my EDFs and helis... but this one has a special place in my heart and want to make her an awesome twin. I hate the stock pilots.... they MUST go....
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2015, 11:20 AM
Smokin_Joes is offline
Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
What tree??.......Doh!!
Smokin_Joes's Avatar
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg View Post
Due to put mine up..
I hope that means up as in back into the air opposed to being up for sale!
Smokin_Joes is offline Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2015, 01:35 PM
Cocg is online now
Find More Posts by Cocg
Fly and let Fly!
Cocg's Avatar
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
3,099 Posts
Air .. !! For Sure..!!
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Nitroplanes Aerosky 55" Extra and Sbach rcninja 3D Foamies 220 Jul 16, 2014 07:30 AM
Discussion AeroSky B60 Tim B. Electric Plane Talk 100 Jun 19, 2014 03:45 PM
Discussion FLY FLY Beechcraft Duke B60 Hollywood2979 Foamies (Kits) 0 Jul 16, 2012 01:51 PM
For Sale FS/FT Keurig B60 Special Edition...Used only 5 times Bombo Non R/C Items (FS/W) 1 Feb 21, 2011 12:58 PM
For Sale Keurig B60 Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Home-Brewing System thannamhbfp Non R/C Items (FS/W) 1 Dec 18, 2009 03:53 AM