Thread Tools
Old Dec 02, 2013, 02:20 AM
corsair214 is offline
Find More Posts by corsair214
Registered User
corsair214's Avatar
United States, IN, Danville
Joined Mar 2007
419 Posts
Question
RC Foam

hi anyone ordered any 9 mm epp foam from rcfoam latley and got the right stuff? last time i ordered 9 mm i got about 6mm and it was as brittle as depron
corsair214 is offline Find More Posts by corsair214
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2013, 09:22 AM
FlyBillyFly is online now
Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Registered User
FlyBillyFly's Avatar
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
5,304 Posts
http://www.rcskyflyer.com/

They have great products...different densities..

Billy
FlyBillyFly is online now Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2013, 11:21 PM
gittarpikk is offline
Find More Posts by gittarpikk
Registered User
gittarpikk's Avatar
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2008
713 Posts
They used to be a great company to deal with...and had great quality and customer service....but....since they moved to Colorado... it was down hill from there...

here is a copy of the BBB complaint I filed..

Seems their just as arrogant and in denial of the problems that existed when i quite buying from them

RCfoam used to be a good place to buy foam...and had great service selling a quality product...when they were in Atlanta GA..but when they sold and moved to Colorado Springs, their quality of materials as well as customer service went south horribly.

case in point...

about a year+ ago I was making foam kits and ordering their depron Aero...and would get quality materials , cut and packed nicely ...I required foam that was cut to the advertised width ....15" if I remember correctly... They advertised it at the width I needed...so i placed orders... The pieces they sent were at least 3/4 " short and looked like they had been cut with a Ginsing knife (ragged) and crooked (wasnt even square)

Several pieces looked like they have been ran over with a shopping cart wheel...There was very few pieces I could salvage to cut the orders I had to fill.

I sent an email and they said there was no problem with their cutting nor material and resent the order...but it was done the very same way.

I lost business because they sent bad material and I had too little to make my shipments.

Their response was they still had no problem with material quality now cutting..and refunded my money. Since they are the only supplier in the US of Depron Aero... I cannot order from any one else..

I waited a year to see if maybe their quality and cutting returned to the good level it was when they were in Atlanta...and placed an order...but they cancelled the order and stated they refused to ship to me...holding a very unbusiness like grudge due to their mistakes , not mine.

I would like to lodge a formal complaint about their business and customer relations..which are very poor.They advertise a 'hassle-free customer experience and return policy' but are actually exactly the opposite and I cannot see where they could actually be successful ...too sad that they are the only supplier of this material and I hope other companies/customers have never had to go through what I did with them.

...so for what its worth... maybe people can consider whether they wish to take the chance on them...

I never asked for a refund... but foam that was cut the width they advertised ......maybe this should be posted in another thread...dunno
gittarpikk is offline Find More Posts by gittarpikk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2014, 06:53 AM
lotnum is offline
Find More Posts by lotnum
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
81 Posts
I just came across your comment about RcFoam. There is another thread about RcFoam's poor business practices. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ghlight=rcfoam

I too am a victim of their poor customer service. If you don't mind me asking where have you been purchasing your foam from now? Wow that is pretty unprofessional of them to even refuse to sale to you.



Quote:
Originally Posted by gittarpikk View Post
They used to be a great company to deal with...and had great quality and customer service....but....since they moved to Colorado... it was down hill from there...

here is a copy of the BBB complaint I filed..

Seems their just as arrogant and in denial of the problems that existed when i quite buying from them

RCfoam used to be a good place to buy foam...and had great service selling a quality product...when they were in Atlanta GA..but when they sold and moved to Colorado Springs, their quality of materials as well as customer service went south horribly.

case in point...

about a year+ ago I was making foam kits and ordering their depron Aero...and would get quality materials , cut and packed nicely ...I required foam that was cut to the advertised width ....15" if I remember correctly... They advertised it at the width I needed...so i placed orders... The pieces they sent were at least 3/4 " short and looked like they had been cut with a Ginsing knife (ragged) and crooked (wasnt even square)

Several pieces looked like they have been ran over with a shopping cart wheel...There was very few pieces I could salvage to cut the orders I had to fill.

I sent an email and they said there was no problem with their cutting nor material and resent the order...but it was done the very same way.

I lost business because they sent bad material and I had too little to make my shipments.

Their response was they still had no problem with material quality now cutting..and refunded my money. Since they are the only supplier in the US of Depron Aero... I cannot order from any one else..

I waited a year to see if maybe their quality and cutting returned to the good level it was when they were in Atlanta...and placed an order...but they cancelled the order and stated they refused to ship to me...holding a very unbusiness like grudge due to their mistakes , not mine.

I would like to lodge a formal complaint about their business and customer relations..which are very poor.They advertise a 'hassle-free customer experience and return policy' but are actually exactly the opposite and I cannot see where they could actually be successful ...too sad that they are the only supplier of this material and I hope other companies/customers have never had to go through what I did with them.

...so for what its worth... maybe people can consider whether they wish to take the chance on them...

I never asked for a refund... but foam that was cut the width they advertised ......maybe this should be posted in another thread...dunno
lotnum is offline Find More Posts by lotnum
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 09:24 AM
gittarpikk is offline
Find More Posts by gittarpikk
Registered User
gittarpikk's Avatar
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2008
713 Posts
yeah I know... Right now I'm building a lot of cool stuff with Dollar Tree foamboard. Waaay cheaper... and quite versitile with many different finishing methods. I get it local as much as I can carry out of the store...right then...same day

FliteTest on youtube is having waaay too much fun designing stuff with it as well

Most of time I can have a new design in the air in one day... and its totally disposable.

I have a little epp for areas i might need it..and a few sheets of Depron as well....but no need for anything but Aero ... and I'll find a source eventually for 3 mm and RCF will just become a bad memory

.
gittarpikk is offline Find More Posts by gittarpikk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:53 PM
coreman is offline
Find More Posts by coreman
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,888 Posts
One thing in the other thread was that they were sold during the move to Colorado so it's not the same people. I sort of figured it was a fulfillment warehouse deal and the other thread seems to indicate that as well. I've had my issues but they have always been responsive and fixed them. I have been repeatedly trying to talk to them since the beginning of the year and no response from their email or phone messages. I could use an EPP source and RCSkyFlyer is currently out of stock on 9mm as well (they ran a sale this month)
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2014, 08:40 PM
gittarpikk is offline
Find More Posts by gittarpikk
Registered User
gittarpikk's Avatar
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2008
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
One thing in the other thread was that they were sold during the move to Colorado so it's not the same people. I sort of figured it was a fulfillment warehouse deal and the other thread seems to indicate that as well. I've had my issues but they have always been responsive and fixed them. I have been repeatedly trying to talk to them since the beginning of the year and no response from their email or phone messages. I could use an EPP source and RCSkyFlyer is currently out of stock on 9mm as well (they ran a sale this month)
Hi Coreman

I do recall some other suppliers of EPP...don;t know if their just a fulfilment company of not...but I think either Grayson hobbies or BP hobbies sells EPP in sheets. I have never ordered from them as my need for EPP was very little after I found Aero did what i needed

What I remember seeing was prices similar to RCF...maybe just a tad higher and not quite the selection. There are others out there but not many.

I could be in error on the supplier though...so for what its worth.
gittarpikk is offline Find More Posts by gittarpikk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2014, 05:00 AM
coreman is offline
Find More Posts by coreman
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gittarpikk View Post
Hi Coreman

I do recall some other suppliers of EPP...don;t know if their just a fulfilment company of not...but I think either Grayson hobbies or BP hobbies sells EPP in sheets. I have never ordered from them as my need for EPP was very little after I found Aero did what i needed

What I remember seeing was prices similar to RCF...maybe just a tad higher and not quite the selection. There are others out there but not many.

I could be in error on the supplier though...so for what its worth.
I bought a quantity from Grayson and it came in a Depron box so I'm concerned the rcfoam was their supplier as well. Greg at wmpf has an alternate supplier so he should have a supply for awhile and just posted prices slightly lower than Grayson Hobby.
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Foam RC plan template myRcGroupID Foamies (Kits) 2 Dec 01, 2013 10:20 PM
Sold RC Eagle.60 in wing ,EPP Foam, LPU nick601 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Dec 01, 2013 03:24 PM
Discussion Have you used XPS from RC Foam? Chatenever Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 12 Nov 24, 2013 03:40 PM
Discussion Foam boards to build RC planes _vipin_ Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 5 Sep 27, 2013 01:35 PM