to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2014, 01:09 AM
MB-Commander
Joined Feb 2008
2,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justy g View Post
Thanks Guillermo..not too bad for a buy 'N ' fly
Wait a minute, you actually had to do work on it?? Wasn't it buy 'N fly as I was led to believe?

:cheers:

Good work!

G.
Minibichus is offline Find More Posts by Minibichus
Old Jun 06, 2014, 07:47 AM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,466 Posts
It does look good and very realistic when photographed against the skylines. What it needs now is a couple of seats, the instrument panel, and a civilian pilot figure in there to complete the illusion. I am still stuck without being able to work on a thing as my renovation is still an ongoing concern, sigh. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is online now Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Jun 06, 2014, 09:47 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2007
732 Posts
Yep, some cockpit details and pilot would be the icing on the cake. However I've found this to be a very tail heavy model and it needs the batts upfront in order to balance.... Maybe a future upgrade to 12s will help

What's with the renovations Don?
justy g is offline Find More Posts by justy g
Last edited by justy g; Jun 07, 2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old Jun 06, 2014, 10:04 AM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,466 Posts
The bathroom is getting a long overdue make-over that was brought on by the ceiling falling in because of someone not putting the right tub in upstairs and then trying to jury rig it. What a mess. It is a gut right down to the bare studs and then more were added to properly tie in the structure. This was a case of the installers using as few studs as they could in order to maximize profit. I just found out that it will be at least a week and a half before it is finally done as the marble counter has yet to be measured and we have to choose the section of slab it will be cut from. Also, our sink faucet is still not in, sigh. Once done, it will be worthy of Better Homes and Gardens, lol.

Don
Old Jun 06, 2014, 11:23 AM
Joined Jul 2008
1,671 Posts
Those are some excellent in flight shots justy!

Keyrigger, I was wondering where you were as I had not seen you posting for awhile.
rotoraddict is offline Find More Posts by rotoraddict
Last edited by rotoraddict; Jun 06, 2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old Jun 06, 2014, 12:14 PM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,466 Posts
I am reading the forums most every day and a couple of times for some. I was talking with GyroMan about the posts in the MH-68A thread and I remarked about the surprise I had seeing both those helicopters used less than 6s for battery power. I also discovered what may be a much better way to mount the T-Rex 600 into the Airwolf that will allow access to install the battery on a platform just ahead of the chassis. Even the chassis will be moved about a half inch or so back to gain more room and it will be raised so that the former does not need to be cut. It should be interesting. Take care.

Don
Old Jun 06, 2014, 11:14 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined May 2013
384 Posts
Hey justy... have you though of putting the cable cutter on your model for that realistic look, the front on pics just look a little bit bare (imo). Otherwise a nice looking fuse, hope mine looks similar when i get to building it. And shouldn't there be an undercarriage landing light?

Cheers
scanner62 is offline Find More Posts by scanner62
Old Jun 07, 2014, 04:51 AM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Dec 2009
1,067 Posts
Wow in some of those Shot's it almost looked like a Real one Cool!!!
Bad Creation is offline Find More Posts by Bad Creation
Old Jun 07, 2014, 07:36 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2007
732 Posts
The full size version doesn't have cable cutters...the landing light is working and fitted to the nose, see post #50

Thanks for all the positive comments
justy g is offline Find More Posts by justy g