HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by verticalspark, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:59 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,098 Posts
Discussion
Anyone concealed carry?

I know its kinda a delicate subject but I have to ask. Does anyone concealed carry?

I am currently stationed in Colorado Springs(Fort Carson) and the laws here allow for open carry and I use that...a lot. But I will be deploying sometime soon and I want to get a good gun for my wife(she wants a good concealed carry/open carry as well). She enjoys going to the range and shooting everything from handguns to long guns to shotguns. But I need a little help as she wants a good gun. I have a decent amount of experience with not only long guns but hand guns. But that only covers the 5-6 hand guns I have shot. I know the feel/weight of a gun has a lot to do with the amount the person carry's a gun so its up to her to feel how a gun feels.

My wife likes the way a Ruger SR9 feels and I have a hand full of guns I plan on having her get "in touch with" (Glock 26/19/17, Ruger LC9/SR9, the Kahr PM9 and a few others).

Is there any other guns that you would add to that list?
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Rocket Crash
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:05 PM
USA, PA, Westmoreland Co.
Joined Aug 2008
1,341 Posts
if its in your budget, a SIG P938 (its like a mini 1911 in 9mm). but is its less expensive than the springfield EMP, about the same/a little less than the colt mustang.
jonquinn is online now Find More Posts by jonquinn
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:04 PM
Lone Star Flyer
Bryan, Texas
Joined Jan 2006
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonquinn View Post
if its in your budget, a SIG P938 (its like a mini 1911 in 9mm). but is its less expensive than the springfield EMP, about the same/a little less than the colt mustang.
X2

Concealed carry begs small, light weight, weapon. The P938 fits this bill. It is my CC choice because its operational functions are the same as my 1911 45 - a definite plus in the fast pace of a confrontation.
Arkitexas is online now Find More Posts by Arkitexas
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:20 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,422 Posts
Kel-Tec PF-9 or a 2" bbl Smith & Wesson Model 60.

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:23 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,049 Posts
I switch between a glock 26 and a ruger lcp, I also think that I would prefer concealed over open. I would want the element of surprise on my side. If my firearm is showing , I may be the first to be taken out or a grab gun struggle. I am from Michigan and open carry is legal but it is awfully rare here.
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:31 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,308 Posts
I have a CCW and the problem is WHAT you carry...I like my .320 (Ruger LCP) as it is small and fits almost everywhere - BUT will it do what I want it to do when the situation (hopefully never) arises. 9mm are nice (Baretta Storm) but it weighs me down .

Wife likes the Baretta but doesn't like to carry it as her purse weighs more than a case of AK-47's . Go figure....

Tough decision - lucky I live in Arizona where a CCW isn't required to carry and a lot carry in the open. Personally I'd recommend EVERYONE go to a CCW class and hopefully never have to use it.

PS Without a CCW, don't drive through a school zone and get pulled over........
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:48 PM
Joined Aug 2011
57 Posts
Was the first on my block with a CCL lol..... Still holster my Kimber Pro Carry. May be better choices out there for some but the Kimber in .45 ACP works best for me.
Texair is offline Find More Posts by Texair
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:34 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,308 Posts
Phoenix Police are now using .45's.....
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:00 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
I heard about the Kahr CW9 last week when I was discussing getting a lightweight one for my wife with one of my customers. He recommended it, but I haven't actually had the chance to hold one yet.
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:38 PM
characters welcome!
Joined Feb 2000
26,422 Posts
Again, look at the Kel-Tec PF9. 9mm, DAO and a whopping 12 ounces.

mw
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:05 AM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
284 Posts
I have a Kel-Tec PF 9 10 in the magazine +1 in the chamber light weight & fits my big hands. I hope I never need to use it, but just in case it is always with me.
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:31 AM
characters welcome!
Joined Feb 2000
26,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
I have a Kel-Tec PF 9 10 in the magazine +1 in the chamber.
That's the P10. The PF-9 is single-stack and 7+1. Much thinner than the P10.

mw
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:37 AM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
284 Posts
Oops! My bad! Thanks for correcting me in my stupidity!
But I still have this great firearm that I love, well I actually love my 40 caliber Glock better, but it is tougher to conceal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood View Post
That's the P10. The PF-9 is single-stack and 7+1. Much thinner than the P10.

mw
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:37 AM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
stay away from the small .380s ... the recoil on them are almost unbearable. Are you stuck on semi-auto? Have you considered a .38 wheel gun?
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:08 AM
Canada, ON, Caledonia
Joined Aug 2007
2,833 Posts
You guy's are lucky, we walk around up here naked.........and it's cold!!!!! lol

Bill
williame3590 is online now Find More Posts by williame3590