HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by 420TEE, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:41 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,791 Posts
Donít blame them KAP! It is because they have been eating to much of the creamy filling that has made their brains go to mush.
frankg is offline Find More Posts by frankg
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:42 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,235 Posts
Uh oh, I'm in trouble...
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:08 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,691 Posts
Twinkies, yum!

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/11/19/...-each-twinkie/

Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Aug 2006
1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick_01 View Post
Because the inherent risk with free democratic elections is that when the electorate decide not to educate themselves they use the power of numbers to make uneducated policy decisions that may be in their own personal self interest without regard for the welfare of the state or the economy.
Fantastic post. Thank you.
Fokker Ace is offline Find More Posts by Fokker Ace
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:32 PM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,133 Posts
Bonuses for top DOGS who ran it into the ground after many employee give backs in wages & benifits ?????????????????

Typical Romney management company. US government will NOW pay all retirement benifits to everyone.

Keep voting Republican.

Federal law for large companies.
cyclops2 is online now Find More Posts by cyclops2
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:23 PM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Oct 2003
640 Posts
In the world of reality

Hostess is a private held company - That means the management has the authority to close the company or take it through bankruputcy any time they want.
They get to sell their property, brand and product to some else if they are so inclined. The also have to follow state laws when it comes to notification to the Unions and give them proper notice as identifed by the feds and state.

I don't feel this is a republican or democratic thing - it is business, Hey this coming from some one who was caught up in a reorganization of the quality organization and was laid off on October 9. Do I blame a political party over it, no it was just business. My job is either start a new business or find a Job. It may be tough but that are my options.

The reality is - as more private held business have to pay a larger tax base, and have reduced profits, the reality is business owners may just close the business and invest the sell off and have a nice life. The reality is our president was wrong when he identifed the worker as the risk takers and the owners as just the people who run the business. The risk takers are the people who put the money up and the rest are employees, and are important, but are not puting their money up as risk takers.

Sorry if this offends people but This still is the United States and Owners can close down their business as long as they meet state and possible federal requirements.

I guess I go get one of the last twinkes in the house,
Have a good thanksgiving,
Rich
rlboats2003 is offline Find More Posts by rlboats2003
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:27 PM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Apr 2007
3,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlboats2003 View Post
This still is the United States and Owners can close down their business as long as they meet state and possible federal requirements.
Guess they hadn't because when the vulture funds asked to liquidate Hostess Brands on Monday, the judge told them to go back and negotiate a settlement with the union.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew 19:23-24

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.
24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Wonder what sins the Lord had in mind? Wonder how He'd react to Wall Street? Think He'd have approved of them looting the pension fund?

(So yeah, all those folks that HAD vested pensions that they had been paying into for years, don't have them any more cause the money was siphoned off by the company's owners.... and yes, the federal government agency that guarantees pension funds will have to pick up the slack at taxpayer expense. Note that the company owners are in no way penalized for dumping the pensions onto the public sector; that's you and me boys!)
craig_c is offline Find More Posts by craig_c
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by craig_c; Nov 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:33 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,691 Posts
Looks like El Tuppo is rearing his ugly head outside of the basement!
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:24 AM
Stuttgart, Germany
Joined Oct 2004
944 Posts
from wikipedia-
92% of the employees rejected the latest contract proposal, and in a press release the union stated that its members knew the massive pay and benefit cuts would not be reinvested, but would go straight to wall street investors.
JayJay76 is offline Find More Posts by JayJay76
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:53 AM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,133 Posts
All bussiness " rules of management " are set by politicians. Who constantly run around BEGGING greedy, wealthy people to pay them reelection money.

If you do not believe that................You have had a very unrealistic childhood.
cyclops2 is online now Find More Posts by cyclops2
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:45 AM
Grafton, Ohio
Joined Sep 2003
760 Posts
I love watching ignorant people cut their own nose off to spite their face!!!! As far as republicans vs democrats........well we know what the sheep voted for, and when they dont like the taste of whats in the trough that they wanted the GOV to lead them too...oh well!!!
OhioMike is offline Find More Posts by OhioMike
Last edited by OhioMike; Nov 21, 2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:09 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
Really not sure what's going on now.

Supposedly they are back at the bargaining table, according to the news, but who knows?

So I'll just sit back and enjoy witnessing chaos---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:33 AM
Stick, roger ball.
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Oct 2011
344 Posts
So when a company files for bankruptcy protection, it is a way to prevent lenders from going after all the personal assets of the owners. There are multiple types of bankruptcies such as a reorganization bankruptcy like the government "assisted" GM through and a liquidation bankruptcy like Hostess filed for. In liquidation the assets will be sold to pay outstanding debts, any leftovers will go to the owners and the company ceases to exist. Part of that process is court ordered mediation. It shouldn't be seen as a sign of hope any more than court ordered mediation is a sign of hope in divorce proceedings.

NBC reported today that mediation talks have failed...
Stick_01 is offline Find More Posts by Stick_01
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:31 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
Of course they "failed", according to their original plan---.

You were right, Stick---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:55 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,235 Posts
Why does a company owner not have a right to go out of business?

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor