HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:15 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,188 Posts
The best .46 engine? The highest performance one at this time is the Jett Engineering engine.
Rossi is still a good one too (Picco and Novarossi, if you can find them). But my favorite general purpose engine is a Fox engine from Fox Manufacturing, which is reasonably priced here in the USA.

Now if you are looking for the best most inexpensive engine, then it is probably ASP. They also make the Magnum engines too, and probably some other brands as well. But normally the engines are OK but the carburetors sometimes have problems.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Sep 2012
35 Posts
Enya has faded away with time in north america. Still a lot come up on ebay from time to time. Very reasonable in cost there usually as well with decent performance.

Generally in the old days I found them pretty reliaible and long lasting. Enya did pay attention to manufacturing quality in my opinion. I do add a little castrol oil to all my fuels though if none is already present. I still harbour a suspicion that even the fuel producers that advertise 100 percent synthetic oils may quietly add a bit. Cool power did not in my opinion and resultant experience.
barrymore is offline Find More Posts by barrymore
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:02 PM
United States, MT, Superior
Joined Dec 2006
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrymore View Post
Enya has faded away with time in north america. Still a lot come up on ebay from time to time. Very reasonable in cost there usually as well with decent performance.

Yep, I'm always surprised by the absence of the Enya name when the "46 size engine" topic arises. IMO, they arguably made the best engine, ever, in that size group. That being the 45 CX. AAC construction; nearly indestructable, super powerful, & a good supply of cheap used units on the auction site. Run a 10x6 MAS s2 prop, set the needle for "super lean" in the air, Then hang on. !!! My 40 size Super Sportster is easily mistaken as being "60 powered". Pic is of one of my Enyas (with custom "tuned pipe" attached) on the Super Sportster. The mousse can really gives it quite a kick. 'bout 16,700 on the ground, & unloads to S-C-R-E-A-M in the air. Oh yeah for the reasonable cost on the auction site that barrymore mentioned; A couple of days ago, two of the 45 CXs went for $50. Not each, but for the pair !!! .............. George K.
mtntopgeo is offline Find More Posts by mtntopgeo
Last edited by mtntopgeo; Nov 01, 2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: forgot the pic