Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,663 Posts
adjustable upper arms

available from the Toyz

See review here: http://www.microtforum.com/forum/vie...=221784#221784
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Last edited by valiantGLX; Jan 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:07 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,663 Posts
Lights
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:44 PM
Joined Nov 2011
5 Posts
Micro SCT

My wife bought the Micro SCT for me for Christmas. What a blast! Unfortunately I can't play with it in my house because of my 85LBS dog. I use it at work.

I thought it was pretty fast with the stock battery until I purchased the 11.1 Lipo battery from my local hobby shop...HOLY CRAP the thing is a weapon. What a rocket!!! It will pull the front tires off the ground on carpet and it will do donuts until it flips over. I have yet to do a GPS run with it because of the winter weather up here in Maine.

What a fun little truck. I would highly recommend this truck to anyone.
1990yj is offline Find More Posts by 1990yj
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:33 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990yj View Post
My wife bought the Micro SCT for me for Christmas. What a blast! Unfortunately I can't play with it in my house because of my 85LBS dog. I use it at work.

I thought it was pretty fast with the stock battery until I purchased the 11.1 Lipo battery from my local hobby shop...HOLY CRAP the thing is a weapon. What a rocket!!! It will pull the front tires off the ground on carpet and it will do donuts until it flips over. I have yet to do a GPS run with it because of the winter weather up here in Maine.

What a fun little truck. I would highly recommend this truck to anyone.
Welcome to the club!

What batteries do you use?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:39 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,663 Posts
Telebee Drift gyro

Available at Hobbyking: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...aneuvers_.html

See review here: http://www.microtforum.com/forum/vie...=222011#222011
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:42 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,663 Posts
Misc rebuild

See tuning and maintenance thread here: http://www.microtforum.com/forum/vie...=221022#221022
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:50 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,959 Posts
ValiantGLX,

Excellent info! Thanks for taking the time to put it all together. The adjustable control-arms look very interesting! That's one thing I've really missed on this chassis. I see that there has been an explosion of aftermarket support for this truck. The progressive-rate springs & aluminum gears also look very interesting! Do you have any experience with those parts? I also noticed a bunch of stuff for the Mini8ight. I was wondering when someone would take advantage of the existing mounts & make a swaybar kit for it! Nice to see some aftermarket support for these two.

Regarding the gyro - can it be tuned for high-speed driving? I've been thinking about using one on the Mini8ight to keep things from getting squirrelly at high speed on 3s.

Also - it looks like your headlights are plenty bright! I may add a set to mine for those nighttime drives in the cul-de-sac.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:38 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,663 Posts
Turbö,

Thanks mate! I would have experience with the GPM alu. shocks and spring set, but my package from blackstarhobbies has been in transit for well over a month now. Any day now, any day.

I have a brass 12t pinion, but that came stock, and I hear that adding a metal spur isnt a good idea, as the metal on metal causes excessive noise, heat and wear.

I have some adjustable turnbuckles too, but I need to wait on my alu. steering hubs to arrive from blackstar before installing them
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:28 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,663 Posts
Functioning indicators

LOSI Micro SCT, Rally, Truggy Functioning Indicators.wmv (0 min 49 sec)

How to here: http://www.microtforum.com/forum/vie...=222187#222187

WARNING: always use the appropriate resistors on every individual led

Also use a Trimmpotentiometer in place of the resistors in 'w' formation, that way they can easily be dialed in to suit your application
Last edited by valiantGLX; Jan 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:22 AM
Micro Master ;)
franklin, in
Joined Jan 2008
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Turbö,

Thanks mate! I would have experience with the GPM alu. shocks and spring set, but my package from blackstarhobbies has been in transit for well over a month now. Any day now, any day.

I have a brass 12t pinion, but that came stock, and I hear that adding a metal spur isnt a good idea, as the metal on metal causes excessive noise, heat and wear.

I have some adjustable turnbuckles too, but I need to wait on my alu. steering hubs to arrive from blackstar before installing them
They recalled them shocks last I heard. The review is on mtf and was in the middle of fixing and replacing the sold orders with the new designed one when they get finished.
tyhodge07 is offline Find More Posts by tyhodge07
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:55 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhodge07 View Post
They recalled them shocks last I heard. The review is on mtf and was in the middle of fixing and replacing the sold orders with the new designed one when they get finished.
Fancy seeing you here! You found were I take my dumps, photos that is

True! I think I ordered mine like 2 weeks late though, so I think Im going to get the older ones

I'm still waiting on my order actually, a month and a half now Im pretty sure they forgot to write airmail on it, unless the package got lost. I order rc parts from the US all the time, as the range of rc parts in europe is somewhat limited, and if you actually find what your're looking for its twice the price as in the US. Anyway the point of the story is US to Europe postage usually takes no more than 2 weeks, even if it lands at the dreaded 'Zollamt' (customs office).

So there's no way I'm going to send the parts back to BSH to get the newer version because if I do I'll be waiting 6 months + to finally install and use the bastard shocks

EDIT: For EU citizens AsiaTees is the best place to order from. I ordered 8 days before christmas and received the package the day before christmas. If AsiaTees dosent have what you're looking for order from TheToyz, their package took 3 weeks to arrive, but that was over the holiday period too. I think under normal circumstances TheToyz postage would take 2 weeks.

Then as an absolute last resort order from BlackStarHobbies, but be warned you'll be waiting for 2 to 3 months for your package. The only reason I ordered from them in the first place was for their BSH stickers, but after this ordeal I'm not even sure if I want them on my rig now
Last edited by valiantGLX; Jan 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:24 PM
Micro Master ;)
franklin, in
Joined Jan 2008
86 Posts
Sounds your package may have gotten lost in transit. Bsh usually ships with the fastest shipping they can do. Good to see you got your order from Thetoyz that quick. Last time I ordered from there it took over 2 weeks to show up even being in the state's. Haven't ordered from them sense, plus some of the guys he has running the forums or was if they arnt now I don't care for. Its that proved wrong I know more type deal that went from one forum to the next with one of the mods when tt forum first started and banned me because of the "i don't like being wrong or admitting." On the other forum. Lol if you know what I'm saying.
tyhodge07 is offline Find More Posts by tyhodge07
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:17 PM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
okay i have always wanted one of these but now i definitely do after seeing this thread and driving my roomates so heres the question would it be wise for me to be a brushed one and convert it to brushless or no
rustlererad3 is offline Find More Posts by rustlererad3
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:55 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhodge07 View Post
Sounds your package may have gotten lost in transit. Bsh usually ships with the fastest shipping they can do. Good to see you got your order from Thetoyz that quick. Last time I ordered from there it took over 2 weeks to show up even being in the state's. Haven't ordered from them sense, plus some of the guys he has running the forums or was if they arnt now I don't care for. Its that proved wrong I know more type deal that went from one forum to the next with one of the mods when tt forum first started and banned me because of the "i don't like being wrong or admitting." On the other forum. Lol if you know what I'm saying.
Maybe so, but when I complained they said someone else in germany only just got their package and they ordered in NOV 2012. BSH are doing something wrong with their international postage thats for sure.

I never really cared much for the toyz either, to be honest I dont like the name of the company. On my SCT box it specifically says "this is not a toy" You have to admit atleast they are making an effort to fix the adj. upper arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustlererad3 View Post
okay i have always wanted one of these but now i definitely do after seeing this thread and driving my roomates so heres the question would it be wise for me to be a brushed one and convert it to brushless or no
Get a BL one straight up, you wont regret it Upgrading everything is costly and there isn't much performance increase when compared to a stock BL micro.