SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM
Professional Tree Climber
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2014
11 Posts
Question
How Are Ailerons Set Up?

Well, if I'm looking at a 4 channel plane, I have Elevators, Throttle, Rudders, and Ailerons. But if ailerons use 2 servos, then how do I connect then to one channel?

I honestly don't know if I'm missing some sort of wire, or something more complex.

P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong Sub-Forum ( I'm still a bit new to... all of this )
Suixle is online now Find More Posts by Suixle
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,979 Posts
They go to a different channel.

You tell the transmitter (what do you have?) to generate two aileron controls instead of one. On Spektrum radios, the second aileron shows up on the AUX1 receiver port. You plug the right aileron into AILE and the left into AUX1.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada
Joined Sep 2006
6,019 Posts
If your Tx&Rx are 4 channels the only way to have two Aileron servo is by using a "Y" cable. With a programmable (6 or more ch.)transmitter and a 6 channels(or more) Rx you can use a "Flaperon" mix with each aileron servo in 2 different channels. In most case it allow you to set differential ailerons electronically.
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Today, 12:00 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
17,231 Posts
If the model is designed to fly with a four channel or non-programmable radio, it should be intended to operate with a Y-cable. This means the servos are set up mechanically with output arms in mirror image configuration. That way both servos turn the same way but the ailerons move in opposite directions.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66