SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:47 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,917 Posts
Discussion
Multirotor vendor: "Thanks Buyer" Any experience?

Anyone heard of or used thanks buyer ?

They have literally pages and pages of deals, but have never heard of them before, so am wondering if anyone has experience of buying from them?

http://www.thanksbuyer.com/hobbies-a...ft/multicopter
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:15 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
The usual spam Chinese place like goodluckbuy, etc.
Just reselling stuff from taobao.
No local stock, buys the items on order time waits for all to arrive, sends.
Wouldn't be surprised if ran by same one guy who runs good luck buy.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:18 AM
Joined Apr 2012
414 Posts
I wonder if I started an online shop named goodluckgettingyourstuff.com if people would order from me?
CraigVMN is offline Find More Posts by CraigVMN
Old May 31, 2013, 07:18 PM
Joined May 2013
2 Posts
bad experience

I've got a bad experience with Thanksbuyer (bought through AliExperess). Defective hardware, no documentation. They do predent selling some "quality hardware", but don't offer to replace the defective parts.

I was quite angry, and I did decide to put an evaluation of 1/5. Here is the message I've got back:

i know your feeling,i am forced to sell this product as manager requires,i guess i will lose this job before 5th June,i just got the job at 5th,May,this is the first month i work here,maybe i am not good at communicate
i can not beg you to change the feedback even a nutural feedback,i know you are angrey,and also i am ready to find another job.
jcheger is offline Find More Posts by jcheger
Old Jun 02, 2013, 03:17 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,917 Posts
I think my decision has been made....to keep clear of these cowboys, their customer service, sounds like it isn't......lol.
Thanks for your input guys and condolences to those of you who tried to do business with them, but didn't...

I did however, get a positive experience with GLB, my Y6 frame to three weeks to arrive with no parts missing!

Can't guarantee this will happen every time, I recently ordered a 5.8 ghz FPV set from them...will see what happens.
Old Jun 08, 2013, 02:54 PM
Joined May 2013
2 Posts
Distorted feedbacks / stars

Here are some news about my mishap with ThanksBuyer.com.

I did make a complete diagnostic with videos and photos on a Dropbox share, proof that the controller is defective. Unfortunately, I've only had to copy-paste answers, and the guy at the other side was as completely incompetent.

After a fight by email, ThanksBuyer did admit I had the skills to make such a diagnostic, and offered to pay for the controller I did purchase somewhere else. This is the good new.

The deal was that I revise my feedback on AliExpress. And then, quite a surprise. AliExpress allows to revise only negative to neutral feedbacks, and only to be positive (4~5 stars / 5). That means we cannot give further feedback once a positive one is posted, and we cannot revise to a neutral feedback, which was appropriate to the circumstances.

Once again, do never trust the stars and take time to read comments closely. I've noticed such strangeness on HK, where very good or very bad comments all have 4 stars. The feedback on AliExpress are also distorted.
jcheger is offline Find More Posts by jcheger
Old Jun 12, 2013, 07:01 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
The Hubsan X4 H107 Mini Quadcopter RTF 2.4GHZ
$53.90 ##v1

place should be called "cheers suckers" not thanks buyer but i can see why they thank the buyer with those crazy prices
neobot is offline Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:12 AM
Cut - Print - It's a wrap
Santa Clarita, CA
Joined Jan 2004
215 Posts
Just say, "NO THANKS" TO THANKSBUYER.com

Bought a Tarot T810 from these guys... Never again. Paid extra for FED EX and it took nearly 3 weeks. In complete kit and they won't refund.

If you buy anything from these knuckleheads remember this warning.
tvedit is offline Find More Posts by tvedit
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:16 PM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Jan 2011
565 Posts
I have used goodluckbuy a few times now with 90% good results. One kit was missing a part but they sent the missing part out a few days after I emailed.

Not bad considering the free shipping + paypal payments

Don't know about thanksbuyer though!
edk83 is offline Find More Posts by edk83
Old Jun 13, 2013, 07:42 PM
Santa Clarita, CA
Joined Jan 2004
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edk83 View Post
I have used goodluckbuy a few times now with 90% good results. One kit was missing a part but they sent the missing part out a few days after I emailed.

Yes I agree. And hobby-wing is excellent too. I purchased my airris through them.
Last edited by tvedit; Jun 13, 2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 08:14 PM
Santa Clarita, CA
Joined Jan 2004
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edk83 View Post

None of that with THANKSBUYER

Still have't received any shipping notice of my missing container of some kind of grease.

The box that I received was completely shredded and repackaged by thanksbuyer.com with bubble wrap and a ton of packaging tape

Since there is no inventory sheet included with the kit, I didn't know if I was missing something until I took a look at the directions to find the missing component...the container of grease.

I wanted to request a refund and I would ship everything back in a new box for them and purchase my model elsewhere,

They told me to go out and buy it myself.... Shipping: you're out of luck.

So I contacted PayPal and opened the dispute as product not received. Their Response to the dispute were the first communications messages I received from
No Thanksbuyer.com
Old Jun 19, 2013, 07:29 PM
Ireland, Dublin, Dublin City
Joined May 2013
39 Posts
I did buy a Tarot T810 from this crowd (probably wouldn't if I read this thread before).
I contacted them (online chat in Aliexpress) to double check that it is in stock, and it was.
The person I talked to was extremely knowledgable and understood all the extras I was looking for and found them and send the links so that I can add to my order.
I ordered with fedex as I need this quick, less than 40 dollars for a lot of stuff.
I then started to worry, but got a call from fedex looking for my EORI number (I am running a VAT registered business) and I see that it arrived in Ireland this evening, due for delivery tomorrow. (tomorrow, it will be 6 days since ordered)
Also anytime I had a question (mainly me being over fussy), they replied promptly and accurately.
If the contents are OK, this will be the best transaction I had with a Chinese company.
So far, very impressed, I will update once I receive the parcel.
oktay is offline Find More Posts by oktay
Old Jun 20, 2013, 08:03 AM
Ireland, Dublin, Dublin City
Joined May 2013
39 Posts
Received my parcel, all parts are correct. Padding was a bit weak but nothing got damaged.
They also added a complimentary powerboard and small decoration (my daughter will like it!)
On the basis of my experience (1 order only), I do recommend them.
oktay is offline Find More Posts by oktay
Old Jun 20, 2013, 07:01 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktay View Post
Received my parcel, all parts are correct. Padding was a bit weak but nothing got damaged.
They also added a complimentary powerboard and small decoration (my daughter will like it!)
On the basis of my experience (1 order only), I do recommend them.
Good to see a positive experience
Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:58 AM
Santa Clarita, CA
Joined Jan 2004
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvedit View Post
None of that with THANKSBUYER

Still have't received any shipping notice of my missing container of some kind of grease.

The box that I received was completely shredded and repackaged by thanksbuyer.com with bubble wrap and a ton of packaging tape

Since there is no inventory sheet included with the kit, I didn't know if I was missing something until I took a look at the directions to find the missing component...the container of grease.

I wanted to request a refund and I would ship everything back in a new box for them and purchase my model elsewhere,

They told me to go out and buy it myself.... Shipping: you're out of luck.

So I contacted PayPal and opened the dispute as product not received. Their Response to the dispute were the first communications messages I received from
No Thanksbuyer.com

Trying to be as fair as possible; I did receive the missing grease from Thanksbuyer.com today.