HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2015, 04:43 AM
Neal
Christchurch, NZ
Joined Nov 2004
193 Posts
Thanks Steve/Giles. I have downloaded and installed it. I've now spent a couple of hours figuring out how to make it work. I have downloaded Giles's tutorial on how to work with Text in AutoCAD and followed the same (equivalent) steps and got as far as getting it into GMFC.
Attached is the doc I have been working on. Giles if it is of any use, please add to your tutorials if you wish - but it's not finished yet. I can't figure out the next bit. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Neal
HotAir2 is offline Find More Posts by HotAir2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2015, 08:54 AM
France
Joined Feb 2006
288 Posts
Hi Neal,

That's a good start. Now you need to modify the letter so as to make a path for the wire to get into the inner circle. If you want to cut a complete word, you also need to link letters. But this is covered in my previous tutorial

Gilles
gm.cnc is offline Find More Posts by gm.cnc
Old Jan 05, 2015, 01:10 PM
Neal
Christchurch, NZ
Joined Nov 2004
193 Posts
thanks Gilles
Thanks to your existing guide I can see what the next steps are, but I couldn't figure out how. I'll keep trying.
Thanks, Neal
Old Jan 05, 2015, 01:46 PM
France
Joined Feb 2006
288 Posts
You have to modify the polyline to insert new points.
Old Jan 06, 2015, 05:37 AM
Neal
Christchurch, NZ
Joined Nov 2004
193 Posts
Yeah but figuring out how to do that in DraftSight is the bit I can't do (-;

On another note Gilles, I have stated entering my new wing into GMFC. One thing that I can't do is in the SPARS dialog box, I can't specify a FLAP articulation. You have one that is perfect for a top hinged Aileron, but not a bottom hinged Flap. I always hinge my flaps on the bottom so I can easily get 90degrees down deflection. Any chance you could add that in the next update?

Thanks, Neal
Old Jan 06, 2015, 10:38 AM
France
Joined Feb 2006
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotAir2 View Post
Yeah but figuring out how to do that in DraftSight is the bit I can't do (-;
Use the pedit command to modify the polyline.

You can also break the polyline into smaller parts and join them later. pedit is again your friend.

Quote:
On another note Gilles, I have stated entering my new wing into GMFC. One thing that I can't do is in the SPARS dialog box, I can't specify a FLAP articulation. You have one that is perfect for a top hinged Aileron, but not a bottom hinged Flap. I always hinge my flaps on the bottom so I can easily get 90degrees down deflection. Any chance you could add that in the next update?

Thanks, Neal
The expert version does that ;-)

Gilles
Old Jan 10, 2015, 02:38 AM
Neal
Christchurch, NZ
Joined Nov 2004
193 Posts
Do you really consider that an Expert feature and not something a Pro would need to do?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 04:43 AM
France
Joined Feb 2006
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotAir2 View Post
Do you really consider that an Expert feature and not something a Pro would need to do?
Good question...

GMFC has a lifetime license. You don't have to pay for every new version I release. Very few software developers do that.

The downside is when I add new features, I have a tendency to put them in the Expert version... Also very few people use this feature. Personally, I don't even use it when I do articulation on the lower side, see:
http://gmfcsoft.fr/blog/?p=1345

Gilles