HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by roballoba, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 03:47 PM
United Kingdom, England, Southampton
Joined Oct 2013
2,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron van Sommeren View Post
A ship on the beach is a lighthouse to the sea.

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
BTW: I said in another later thread that the Netherlands ALSO contributes to EU costs. So I do pay attention
Mark Powell is offline Find More Posts by Mark Powell
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2015, 07:41 PM
Joined Sep 2007
523 Posts
Just saw this thread & saw also that it had lost direction so here's a piccy to get it back on track of a LiPo fire that ended my glider. Was flying along nicely then all of a sudden I saw it trailing white smoke, the rest is history! Luckily it didn't start a fire in the surrounding long grass!!!...phew!

CW
capt wally is online now Find More Posts by capt wally
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:53 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,308 Posts
Found the best thermal ever, did ya?
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jan 26, 2015, 06:50 PM
Joined Aug 2011
790 Posts
It was a hotliner.... heh
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Jan 28, 2015, 04:24 PM
Old Prop Buster
United States, CA, Grass Valley
Joined Dec 2009
758 Posts
I had a metal bucket with a bunch of old lipo batteries sitting on my garage floor. After reading here (Hoppy?) that they can still be holding charge i went out and checked and sure enough, even after sitting there for 3 years some still had plenty of charge. I am following Mark Woods suggestion on discharging with the NIHM discharge setting and it is working fine. Every battery is different with some discharging at .2 and some at .5 amps. One even got hot right at the end when it got to .5 volts and shot up to 1 volt. A couple of 2 cell batteries showed 7 volts on my voltmeter and when hooked to the charger it showed 7 volts and went 0 in 10 seconds. Sticking a screwdriver through them to make sure and they had 0 volts before I gave them the death blow because nothing happened. I could just stick the screwdriver in them but that smoke that comes out is nasty! I have followed this thread for years and it has really taught me to respect the power in these batteries. I used to take the safety pretty lightly, but not after some of the accidents that I have witnessed and reading this thread. Thanks Hoppy and Mark Wood for advice. I feel much better on how I handle them now then when I started 7 years ago.
Gary
Sir Dumb Thumb is offline Find More Posts by Sir Dumb Thumb