HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2014, 01:43 PM
Joined Dec 2005
4 Posts
Discussion
Inexpensive Underwater Thruster on Kickstarter

Hello everyone,

My name is Rusty and I'm from BlueRobotics. We've been developing a low-cost underwater thruster for all sorts of marine projects, both remote-controlled and robotic. If you're looking for a thruster that can handle depth and saltwater and is reasonably efficient, you'll spend $700+ dollars each. We're trying to change that so that more people can get into the hobby and build boats, ROVs, AUVs, and just about anything else you can think of.

If you have a chance, please check out our Kickstarter campaign here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...water-thruster

We've done some cool things with it already: we built an autonomous solar-powered surfboard that we plan to send from Los Angeles to Hawaii, as well as a six degree-of-freedom ROV.

We'd really appreciate any support you can give to make this happen. If you have any questions at all I'd be happy to answer.

Also, check out our website at www.bluerobotics.com for more details.

Thanks!
-Rusty
rustyj110 is offline Find More Posts by rustyj110
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2014, 05:41 PM
United States, OH, Richfield
Joined Aug 2007
1,218 Posts
95% there on the goal! Looks like it could be a great product. Best wishes go out to you.
pops52 is offline Find More Posts by pops52
Old Aug 15, 2014, 07:28 AM
Union, Maine
Joined Jul 2006
4,069 Posts
I can see many application for such a nice little thruster.
They would be perfect hung underneath the Mr Darby tug boat.
Good luck guy's! Your future is looking bright.
Jerome Morris is offline Find More Posts by Jerome Morris