HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:18 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Must resist getting another quad.....must resist....
Resistance is Futile! LOL

The X1 is the Christmas I bought myself. Like you said, only $36 + tax for me. So far, I'm very happy.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:32 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
I know but I already have a V929 (or did....its been cannibalized or parts), a V949, 2 U816's, and just bought 2 minipets for xmas presents. And I have a X4 and V202 on the way soon.
And I'm wanting a 808 #16 and Turnigy tx. And RC Logger's brushless and fpv.

And you had to make this thread.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:33 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
With the smaller plastic mounts and smaller motor and LiPo used. The X1 sounds like a lighter quad. Interesting.

So the weight it sheds over it's v929/v949 counterpart is likely made up with the battery connector and hold down. Plus the additional plastic over underneath the canopy. And the larger, non SMD capacitor and resistors used on the board. No plugs so some weight savings there too.

Adding -50 expo really liven up the X1. Plus I had 125% for each of the channels. I didn't compare to see if there was a difference over the 100%. Just happen to be preprogrammed since I used the v929 model memory.

That said, the v929/v949 still feels like it's more responsive to the Turnigy 9x.

Right now, I haven't heard of a MQX sized quad that trumps the mQX.

My next quad will be the smaller, "sports cars", ladybird sized quads.

I hear the Hubsan X4 and the Vitality H36 are the two to beat. Both offering close to or same as the ladybird performance. Depends on who you ask of course. The Vitality H36 retains the FlySky compatibility.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:42 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,498 Posts
Ah, thanks, Daryoon. I knew I was forgetting something important; WEIGHT.

X1's weight is 57.65g, vs. V949's 66.33g (both are w/o battery).

With stock batteries, X1 is 68.38g and V949 is 80.41. In other words, the X1 is 15% lighter.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:43 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,140 Posts
the battery connector can be really easily modified to take just any JST battery (at least it could when I did that some time ago ...)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=114

(there is one pic that shows the specific part that has to go to fit just ANY JST battery)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:58 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
With the smaller plastmounts and smaller motor and LiPo used. The X1 sounds like a lighter quad. Interesting.

So the weight it sheds over it's v929/v949 counterpart is likely made up with the battery connector and hold down. Plus the additional plastic over underneath the canopy. And the larger, non SMD capacitor and resistors used on the board. No plugs so some weight savings there too.

Adding -50 expo really liven up the X1. Plus I had 125% for each of the channels. I didn't compare to see if there was a difference over the 100%. Just happen to be preprogrammed since I used the v929 model memory.

That said, the v929/v949 still feels like it's more responsive to the Turnigy 9x.

Right now, I haven't heard of a MQX sized quad that trumps the mQX.

My next quad will be the smaller, "sports cars", ladybird sized quads.

I hear the Hubsan X4 and the Vitality H36 are the two to beat. Both offering close to or same as the ladybird performance. Depends on who you ask of course. The Vitality H36 retains the FlySky compatibility.
Thanks guys for the infos! Sorry for the dumb question but Im new in 9X. Where did you set/add thr -50 expo?
Thanks!
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:00 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,420 Posts
I am really glad someone finally started a thread on the syma X1. Info had been very scarce and hard to find. Erdnuckel did do a pretty good review a while back with good pictures that I used to help me figure motor and blade mounting. the board I have is red, R5 I think. It has the + and - signs corrected on two of the motor connections-reversed from the green and white boards. My problem is probably just that I mounted it on a V929 chassis, it will probably work with the 9x when I put it on my frame and use the x1 motors, but I still have not figured out why I could not get it to work right on the V929 chassis, unless I needed to rotate the props when I rotated the board. I thought they were turning the right direction, but I may have just given up too soon.
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:51 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
bulesz: I don't have a T9x with original firmware. But I remember it was under the Expo/DR screen. Just set it to a negative value to make the quad more lively, aggressive quicker to your stick movement.

Also, try setting your endpoints to 120%. It was necessary when I was flying my 9958 to make that change.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:14 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Since this thing is so light, what kind of flight time are you all getting with a full size battery?
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:05 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Will it flip manually with the stock tx? How about rolls and loops?
Flying By is offline Find More Posts by Flying By
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:59 PM
Multirotor Photojournalist
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jun 2008
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying By View Post
Will it flip manually with the stock tx? How about rolls and loops?
It has a flip button (they call it "eversion") //snerk//. Push the right stick and press the button and it flips in that direction. Without the button the max AOA is about 25-35% (kinda hard to measure, it's moving pretty fast at that angle. I added lights to mine and wired them to a switch. Does anyone think I'm damning myself to less responsiveness from the added weight? I bought some 600mah blade 120 batteries, so the battery life isn't a huge factor for me. It got dark before I was home from work, daddy needs to fly!

I can't wait for my 9xr to get here. I thought I was stuck with the stock tx and probably would have never even tried to bind it. That's the best news I've heard all day.
gyokeres is offline Find More Posts by gyokeres
Last edited by gyokeres; Dec 29, 2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Jun 2008
36 Posts
Is this thing DSM2 or DSMX? Any clues how we could find out?
Last edited by gyokeres; Dec 29, 2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:08 PM
Joined Jun 2008
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Since this thing is so light, what kind of flight time are you all getting with a full size battery?
I rage on mine and get 7-10 min off stock, and 12-15 with a 600mah blade 120 battery. It has a jst connector, no need for a Syma custom battery as a replacement.

Then again, I have a string of tiny LEDs attached with bits of hot-melt. It probably needs a diet but to be honest, it flies identically. The weight is mostly central.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:14 PM
Joined Jun 2008
36 Posts
And to reiterate, this is a $36 gyro controlled micro quad you can BNF to unleash some sick tricks. Seriously, why are you still here? We live in the future, people.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:13 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyokeres View Post
It has a flip button (they call it "eversion") //snerk//. Push the right stick and press the button and it flips in that direction. Without the button the max AOA is about 25-35% (kinda hard to measure, it's moving pretty fast at that angle. I added lights to mine and wired them to a switch. Does anyone think I'm damning myself to less responsiveness from the added weight? I bought some 600mah blade 120 batteries, so the battery life isn't a huge factor for me. It got dark before I was home from work, daddy needs to fly!

I can't wait for my 9xr to get here. I thought I was stuck with the stock tx and probably would have never even tried to bind it. That's the best news I've heard all day.
Thanks for the aoa info.

The claim is the 9X will bind to the X1. The 'older' 9x has a turnigy module. The 9xr does not come with a module and currently there is no Turnigy module available so I doubt it will bind to the X1 at this time.
Flying By is offline Find More Posts by Flying By