HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Feb 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
orientation tail vertical or horizontal 100%

Hello pleasure to greet.
This time I am writing to ask you to help me in and out of this great doubts about align trex tail 600efl pro super combo which is the heli I have. joining my heli, once you finish assembling the boom and the tail rotor, I noticed that the tail was not completely horizontal, if not, it was with a certain gap to the horizontal and vertical tail fin was not vertical if not protruding outward from the left side viewed from the rear. My question is this inclination is normal for align OEM or a defect in the boom came over the pilot holes, which makes the box look grand in difference with respect to the horizontal? To verify, level the table where sat the heli and check the level, then compare it to the queue and I could see the difference. Finally do not know if this applies to all or is only aligh heli that gives this small inclination to the tail of his helis, this inclination is normal, or should be completely the horizontal plane right? attached photos to supplement my doubt. Thanks in advance for your help.
pilot2020 is offline Find More Posts by pilot2020
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:24 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,184 Posts
There should be enough give to allow you to twist it into the needed angle and hold it there whole you tighten the screws. Those holes aren't that tight.

As for the tail not being level. There shouldn't be much of an issue. In real helicopters, the tail is angled slightly downwards to provide extra lift to the tail. It may have an effect on fly barred heads, but the 3 axis gyro is likely to fight it anyway.
Hajile is offline Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member