SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 06, 2013, 02:02 PM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
FPVDude.

Different hardware platform - different source code...you want the minimosd-extra firmware to load on your minimosd.

If for some other reason you want Denis' firmware to run on a minimosd - you'll have to port the code over to match the hardware architecture of the board.

This gives you all the info you need to load the correct firmware on your board:
https://code.google.com/p/minimosd-e...iki/index?tm=6

Sorry for the temporary derail.
Mochaboy is offline Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2013, 02:15 PM
FPV Enthusiast
New Brunswick, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
1,876 Posts
Actually Icewind made the modification to Dennis's code to let it run on minimosd. All the info is earlier in the thread. This is what I use for a standalone OSD with GPS on my wing.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25545507

Too cool to be able to use the same hardware for standalone and with OpenPilot, Multiwii and 3DR.
martinic is offline Find More Posts by martinic
Old Nov 06, 2013, 02:19 PM
Joined Aug 2011
64 Posts
crystal desoldered with a candle, this osd is gonna get screwed up. Accedentally took the reset button with it but who cares, it was stupid anyways

dang I didn't realize that someone had already made minimOSD code... whatever lets see what I can do
FPVdude is offline Find More Posts by FPVdude
Old Nov 06, 2013, 02:21 PM
Radd Graduate '06
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinic View Post
Actually Icewind made the modification to Dennis's code to let it run on minimosd. All the info is earlier in the thread. This is what I use for a standalone OSD with GPS on my wing.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25545507

Too cool to be able to use the same hardware for standalone and with OpenPilot, Multiwii and 3DR.
well f*** me

Thanks for that...

I'm going to load that on my minipopwing right now.

Cheers
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2013, 03:24 PM
Lithuania, Vilnius County, Vilnius
Joined Dec 2006
31 Posts
Thanks to FPVdude for the schematic and to martinic for showing what we have missed.
Now I have to wait for the minimOSD to arrive...
montis is online now Find More Posts by montis
Old Nov 06, 2013, 04:04 PM
Joined Aug 2011
64 Posts
so I thouroughly screwed up my minimOSD. gotta order another i guess :/
FPVdude is offline Find More Posts by FPVdude
Old Nov 06, 2013, 04:37 PM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVdude View Post
crystal desoldered with a candle, this osd is gonna get screwed up. Accedentally took the reset button with it but who cares, it was stupid anyways

dang I didn't realize that someone had already made minimOSD code... whatever lets see what I can do
Guess I wasn't clear enough about the shown schematic not being component-accurate. A few of the used component I didn't have in my Altium library, which means, that I've just used a component with similar footprint. As I never got the time to update it, the schematic have never been posted (to avoid problems like this)

If you have a look at post #1, it should indicate pretty clearly that a 27MHz crystal is used.

Anyway, sorry about the confusion, hope you are able to solder it back on again.
Dennis Frie is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Frie
Old Nov 06, 2013, 04:38 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
822 Posts
Oh, and another thing.. If I can find my MinimOSD I'll include it as an option in the next release, to avoid further confusion etc.
Old Nov 07, 2013, 08:44 AM
Radd Graduate '06
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Denis,

Big fan of your work

If you can't find that minimosd - let me know I have a bunch sitting here that I've been frankenstein'ing

Just wanted to show you what Timecop's up to.
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....l=1#post363935

stm32 based graphical OSD - in beta currently
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2013, 08:47 AM
Radd Graduate '06
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVdude View Post
so I thouroughly screwed up my minimOSD. gotta order another i guess :/
FPVDude I have all the parts to fix these so don't throw that out just yet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2013, 08:48 AM
Radd Graduate '06
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
By the way Dennis,

Do you have an opinion on using the Atmega 1284p in place of the 328p for any of these DIY OSD solutions?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2013, 01:00 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,650 Posts
Hey guys,

What the status of including the audio modem code in here? I think someone (I'm not sure if Dennis or someone else) was going to check that.

I had a crazy idea to implement and just need to send "down" GPS coordinates and compass details.
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Last edited by IceWind; Nov 07, 2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old Nov 07, 2013, 01:37 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochaboy View Post
Denis,

Big fan of your work

If you can't find that minimosd - let me know I have a bunch sitting here that I've been frankenstein'ing

Just wanted to show you what Timecop's up to.
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....l=1#post363935

stm32 based graphical OSD - in beta currently
Using a STM32 to generate all the video-overlay, will surely give a great flexibility and a lot of extra processing-power. The main problem is the pixel-insertion, which will require a bit of extra hardware to be done properly. Sure, you can do it with a simple resistor, but that's far from perfect in regard to "video-standard". If you look at the "DIY OSD on Arduino", SimpleOSD, TBS OSD in the core etc. you will notice that the white/black level, will depend on the background.

As I don't want any fancy graphic anyway, I decided to go with that solution when I started this project.

Not saying I haven't considered a STM32 for OSD, but I think it's time for something new (good ideas are always welcome).
Old Nov 07, 2013, 01:46 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
Hey guys,

What the status of including the audio modem code in here? I think someone (into sure if Dennis) was going to check that.

I had a crazy idea to implement and just need to send "down" GPS coordinates and compass details.
As I use Lawmate, I don't plan to hook up anything to that terrible audio-carrier

And on a more serious note...
I did the initial tests with audio telemetry long time ago. and was able to send data without any problems - except for my Lawmate gear, that was a PITA in regard to audio performancve. I never finished the feature, as I would never be able to fully trust it on Lawmate.

I don't plan to add that feature, but it shouldn't be impossible, if you have a bit of experience with MCU programming
Old Nov 07, 2013, 02:21 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie View Post
As I use Lawmate, I don't plan to hook up anything to that terrible audio-carrier

And on a more serious note...
I did the initial tests with audio telemetry long time ago. and was able to send data without any problems - except for my Lawmate gear, that was a PITA in regard to audio performancve. I never finished the feature, as I would never be able to fully trust it on Lawmate.

I don't plan to add that feature, but it shouldn't be impossible, if you have a bit of experience with MCU programming
Thanks for the insights.
Basically I just wanted to check if it was feasible.
To implement it would be on my 5.8ghz gear, I find the audio quality decent. Then again I haven't used it for transmitting data.
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind