HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:46 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob View Post
I was reluctant to be very specific, since I don't have the experience with the low cost ones asked about. I can say that on the more pricey gyro's you can get vibration, and data logging, GPS, more servo options(digital or analog), or auto leveling. The basic ones you can expect just the features needed to fly.
Ah ok. I was wondering if it was more on the heli suddenly going nuts and flipping upside down at random. But if it's the same basic hardware, i can live with that for a beginner.

The only three axis i've handled (and maybe some of the guys here that are just moving up as well) is the one from flying the flybarless micro helis. If that's just a basic gyro when scaled up, then the bar for flybarless is actually pretty low.
Hajile is offline Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Hajile; Oct 06, 2012 at 07:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:36 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
845 Posts
I tried the super cheap CopterX unit and it was not something I could ever work out. Others though like it and I guess you can reflash the firmware now and it was $40 or so.

The Bigaole unit I have never heard of but it looks just like the HB800.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Ship-Hob...80763223024%26

There is also the Robird G31 unit for around $100 that does all of this stuff, is getting updated, supports the Sat RX and provides vibration monitoring. Sold under a few names but in the USA this vendor handles it:

http://www.scaleflying.com/Black-Wid...SB_p_2600.html

I'm on the fence on what to try next. Seems like as you move down the pricing point, you turn this into more of a computer fine tuning project. The higher cost units maybe just fly without lots of tweaking. That said, if you don't like tweaking you should not have copters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhy View Post
Hi,guys,I don't know much about which one is best,but when my friend flew my trex450 with Bigaole 3G unit,he said is better than uBeastX
Blade Crasher is online now Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:25 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor Charter Township
Joined Mar 2012
1,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
just make sure to get a DSMX satellite for it and run a BEC.
Sorry I'm a bit of a newb, and I'm very curious about 'needing' a satellite RX on a helicopter..
I just figured the BX had a pretty good single RX on board that would do the job nicely for a helicopter.
I've been flying with Ar6100e's in my 450 size beginner cheapies.

Thanks!
Steve
N8LBV is offline Find More Posts by N8LBV
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:13 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
845 Posts
Steve, there is no need for the Sat RX at all. It's just a feature that some of the boxes have to save a few grams of weight and have fewer wires, but is that really a big deal? Not to me anyway. I'm flying my 450Pro on an OrangeRX and have had zero issues.
Blade Crasher is online now Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:52 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8LBV View Post
Sorry I'm a bit of a newb, and I'm very curious about 'needing' a satellite RX on a helicopter..
I just figured the BX had a pretty good single RX on board that would do the job nicely for a helicopter.
I've been flying with Ar6100e's in my 450 size beginner cheapies.

Thanks!
Steve
It is fine without the satellite on small helicopters with little carbon fiber, but for a CF frame or larger helicopter, I think the satellite is necessary.

The reason it's expensive is quality. Some people appreciate the value of that and some people don't, but it can make a big difference. If you have experience, the cheap stuff can work, but it can often be frustrating for beginners. If you crash because your controller freaked out or something, it can cost you money. So, I prefer to have high quality electronics so that my thumbs are the weak point in the system, not my equipment.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:53 PM
Joined Mar 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
I've had good luck with the AR7200bx, just make sure to get a DSMX satellite for it and run a BEC.
if within 150 dollares,would be great,jeje
henriquedetonrc is offline Find More Posts by henriquedetonrc
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:30 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriquedetonrc View Post
if within 150 dollares,would be great,jeje
Subtract the price of the receiver you don't have to buy.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined Sep 2012
7 Posts
i would recommend vbar myself , the price may put you off but you have the reciever aswell beast x is certainly the other contender good price and works as good as any others.
marking is offline Find More Posts by marking
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:02 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2011
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriquedetonrc View Post
Hi,brother,

I think Helicommand,BeastX,V-bar,GT5 are all good products,but not cheap(I mean less than USD150.00 for retail.).Tarotzyx is the cheapest one,but doesn't work great,I think Bigaole flybarless system is a great choice,it doesn't need compueter to do the set-up process
Hi Henri you mean the follwoing one?

http://helicopterhobbies.com/flybarl...07-p-1708.html

But,it seemed it's Microbeast,just the casing is different.From the video with 450heli,(
Kds 450 beastx copy (bigaole) fbl unit (4 min 47 sec)

),the preformance is excellent,but I have to try it to see if it's really so good.
Badbrother is offline Find More Posts by Badbrother
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:24 AM
China, Jiangsu, Wuxi
Joined Apr 2012
52 Posts
BIGAOLE sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbrother View Post
Hi Henri you mean the follwoing one?

http://helicopterhobbies.com/flybarl...07-p-1708.html

But,it seemed it's Microbeast,just the casing is different.From the video with 450heli,(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI28vVhZCm8
),the preformance is excellent,but I have to try it to see if it's really so good.
We sale BIGAOLE full range of products. http://www.superior-hobby.com/bigaole-c-59_60.html

Any technical or sale questions, feel free to send mail.
Superior Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Superior Hobby
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:24 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Crasher View Post
I tried the super cheap CopterX unit and it was not something I could ever work out. Others though like it and I guess you can reflash the firmware now and it was $40 or so.

The Bigaole unit I have never heard of but it looks just like the HB800.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Ship-Hob...80763223024%26

There is also the Robird G31 unit for around $100 that does all of this stuff, is getting updated, supports the Sat RX and provides vibration monitoring. Sold under a few names but in the USA this vendor handles it:

http://www.scaleflying.com/Black-Wid...SB_p_2600.html

I'm on the fence on what to try next. Seems like as you move down the pricing point, you turn this into more of a computer fine tuning project. The higher cost units maybe just fly without lots of tweaking. That said, if you don't like tweaking you should not have copters...
Whats' the issue you have with the copterX unit? I had a beastX before. But sold it after I got the cx-3x1000.....
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:31 AM
Joined Dec 2009
13 Posts
The BIGAOLE FBL system seems like a good option. get it from here at a reasonable price.

http://www.superior-hobby.com/flybar...7007-p-98.html
rotorcrafts is offline Find More Posts by rotorcrafts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:32 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorcrafts View Post
The BIGAOLE FBL system seems like a good option. get it from here at a reasonable price.

http://www.superior-hobby.com/flybar...7007-p-98.html
another Beastx wanna be?
I know a guy on HF has a video of his KDS 450 flying with that oen looks good.
I am amazed how well all these units less then $100 work, was looking at the V bart and brain and others there $250.00-$400 that is insane, I love my ZYX if my heli flew any better i would feel like I was cheating lol
in few more years they won't be flying, just programming to make the heli fly how you want
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:56 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
United States, NJ, Point Pleasant Beach
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
One of my future plans (dreams) is to shove a heli full of sensors and accelerometers and make it do piro-flips with a toggle switch. Maybe in a few years I will get around to it?
Gedexas is offline Find More Posts by Gedexas
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:01 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
Why i would want to buy a $200.00 gyro instead of a $50.00 one? Is there a real difference other than variants of "Because-I-Say-So!" answers?

@everydayflyer
Can you sum up any significant differences so we don't have to wade through about a thousand pages of random posts? As you've said, the only noticeable difference i can tell is how to set them up, but no relative comparison on how they actually fly. If you were to see someone flying a heli in the field, can you tell what gyro is in the heli by how it flies?
NO Noway you would ever know what someone was flying by the way there flying
I mean they all work so well. I was surprised to see someone say the tarrot ZYX is not any good. I have now flown 3 helis with one, Well two were zyx one copterx ( its a copy of zyx) and they all 3 fly great. one blade 400 and two blade 450

Sometime next week i will be flying a trex 450 with a 3gx and seeing how i like it. My thoughts are to sell it and get another ZYX or maybe the hobbymate beastx copy

that would be so cool, I need a piro flip switch on my heli lol
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc