SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:22 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
1,004 Posts
k i got it working well sort of.. First think the motion only takes video clips of like 5 sec. then shuts down till next motion. I have tried Motion Sensitivity (High and Low) Motion Timeout (5sec and 60 sec) Either I'm doing something wrong or there are a few bugs. No big deal. ( My kids fight when we arnt looking so I wanted the camera to catch the trouble maker) It would be nice if the camera took video as long as there was motion and only times out with no motion. Not start and time out at a set time!! Still great camera I'm not complaining just offering improvements for the smarter guys to work on!!
crash74 is online now Find More Posts by crash74
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:35 PM
crashing build's character.
United States, AL, Dora
Joined Mar 2008
529 Posts
Where can I buy just the video out wires and charger?
onefastxp is offline Find More Posts by onefastxp
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:32 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisbahmumtaz View Post
It's too bad that the motion detection is camera-impact activated only.

Most of my insecurities deal with catching and spotting someone from a distance.

Then again, it's too good to be true to have a line-of-sight activation, especially since the hardware needed for such a thing is probably not present in model 16!
What do you mean by "camera-impact" activation? Motion detection activates, but it has to be enough change in the image the lens can see to trigger it. The v0.58 beta FW is buggy, but has a sensitivity adjustment for the trigger. It may still not be enough for what you are trying to capture, though.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:40 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
k i got it working well sort of.. First think the motion only takes video clips of like 5 sec. then shuts down till next motion. I have tried Motion Sensitivity (High and Low) Motion Timeout (5sec and 60 sec) Either I'm doing something wrong or there are a few bugs. No big deal. ( My kids fight when we arnt looking so I wanted the camera to catch the trouble maker) It would be nice if the camera took video as long as there was motion and only times out with no motion. Not start and time out at a set time!! Still great camera I'm not complaining just offering improvements for the smarter guys to work on!!
The camera WILL continue to record for as long as it can detect enough motion to keep the trigger activated. It only shuts down after your selected time delay has expired with no detected motion. The key is there must be enough motion to trigger the camera's motion detection scheme. So whatever you are trying to capture must not have that much motion.

Are you using the wide angle D lens? That reduces the size of everything in the scene, and adds a lot of view that may not have any motion in it. In effect, I think you decrease the motion detection sensitivity with the wide angle lens. I have not done any bench testing to confirm this though since I don't have a need for that function. but if someone wants to test it and has two cameras, one with D lens and one with A (or B) lens, mount them so they both point at the same fixed object in the center of the recorded image frame, and turn on motion detection on both. The add some motion to the scene (e.g. walk past at different distances away in good light) and see how the two cameras react.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:42 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastxp View Post
Where can I buy just the video out wires and charger?
Did you first read post #1 as this thread title asks, which then directs you to read post #2 (plus a couple others). Your answer is in post #2.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:02 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
1,004 Posts
yes i'm using the d lens and standing less then 10 feet in front of camera walking back and forth and doing jumping jacks ( not easy for an old fart like me) so if that's not enough motion then maybe I'l try driving down the street with cam out window!! LOL however it is the beta .58 that i'm using
crash74 is online now Find More Posts by crash74
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:48 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,382 Posts
Using 3 D's and a B, I get erratic results from 1 of the D's when all 4 cameras are looking in the same direction inside. Walking across the fields of view going away from the cameras, 2 of the D's will turn on. The B doesn't.
Walking towards the 4 and close... can't get too far in my house..., all 4 will turn on.
Adding another B, it always picks up the motion away from or towards it.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:05 AM
Italy, Toscana, Orbetello
Joined Mar 2012
328 Posts
Thanks Isoprop and Fishycomics for answers!
Ricky971 is offline Find More Posts by Ricky971
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:08 AM
Joined Mar 2012
328 Posts
I've another question (sorry if it was already written, but I cannot read almost 800 pages, now): for quality and colors, is it better an "A" lens or the newer "B" lens?
I like natural colors and, reading some posts here, it looks better the "old" "A" lens, isn't it?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:46 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky971 View Post
I've another question (sorry if it was already written, but I cannot read almost 800 pages, now): for quality and colors, is it better an "A" lens or the newer "B" lens?
I like natural colors and, reading some posts here, it looks better the "old" "A" lens, isn't it?
Different lenses yield slightly different colors, that's true.
I believe most people, for general purpose videos, prefer the "A" lens. It definitely has less vignetting but does not quite have the same AOV as the "B" lens. Comparison pictures and videos have been posted in this thread, but they were not specifically made for comparing the colors. The "B" lens has a red IR filter in front of the lenses. You can always tweak the color settings in the firmware if it isn't quite as you want. Automatic white balance produce the most natural colors.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:57 AM
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
What do you mean by "camera-impact" activation? Motion detection activates, but it has to be enough change in the image the lens can see to trigger it. The v0.58 beta FW is buggy, but has a sensitivity adjustment for the trigger. It may still not be enough for what you are trying to capture, though.
O_O
You mean it DOES have line-of-sight activation!?
Guess I have to look around the thread some more.
What I meant by camera-impact is when there's motion applied directly onto the camera itself, like touching it, moving it, and so on.
Line-of-sight is by waving something across the lens of the camera, without actually touching the camera. Can't wait for the new firmware update, where they SHOULD, in my opinion, have this explained. I mean, the fact that it's both camera-impact and line-of-sight, for anyone seeking a meticulous explanation. That, plus some information on which kind of activation does the sensitivity adjustment actually affect.

Yeah, what I had in mind was just to catch whenever someone creeps into picture. The velocity change of the target is probably too low for someone just walking in, though. That, and the distance. I'm talking like, more than one meter of distance between the camera and Mr. Recorded.
nisbahmumtaz is offline Find More Posts by nisbahmumtaz
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:50 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisbahmumtaz View Post
O_O
You mean it DOES have line-of-sight activation!?
Guess I have to look around the thread some more.
What I meant by camera-impact is when there's motion applied directly onto the camera itself, like touching it, moving it, and so on.
Line-of-sight is by waving something across the lens of the camera, without actually touching the camera. Can't wait for the new firmware update, where they SHOULD, in my opinion, have this explained. I mean, the fact that it's both camera-impact and line-of-sight, for anyone seeking a meticulous explanation. That, plus some information on which kind of activation does the sensitivity adjustment actually affect.

Yeah, what I had in mind was just to catch whenever someone creeps into picture. The velocity change of the target is probably too low for someone just walking in, though. That, and the distance. I'm talking like, more than one meter of distance between the camera and Mr. Recorded.
There's no mercury switch inside the camera to detect physical movement! There's no touch switch either!

In addition to Tom's previous post, detection is most likely done by comparing an area of the image with a previous area. The actual algorithm is embedded in the code library supplied by the chip manufacturer. The developer has limited possibility of adjusting the sensitivity (trigger point).
Once triggered, the firmware will continue monitoring changes and continue until no more changes (movement) are detected. At this point the firmware will enter the motion timeout loop. If further motion is detected during the timeout loop, the trigger routine will be resumed once again and the recording will not be interrupted. The trigger routine will continue until no more motion is detected, at which point the motion timeout loop will be entered once again. If no further motion is detected during the timeout loop, the camera will stop recording and enter standby detection mode. If motion detection is triggered during standby detection mode the whole process will be repeated ad infinitum until the card is full or lack of battery power forces the camera to shut down.

Once motion is detected, it will take a second or two until the firmware starts recording. This delay can't be avoided because of technical limitations.

The motion timeout can be configured as 5 secs, 15 secs, 30 secs or 60 secs.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Last edited by Isoprop; Dec 27, 2012 at 03:57 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:23 AM
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
There's no mercury switch inside the camera to detect physical movement! There's no touch switch either!

In addition to Tom's previous post, detection is most likely done by comparing an area of the image with a previous area. The actual algorithm is embedded in the code library supplied by the chip manufacturer. The developer has limited possibility of adjusting the sensitivity (trigger point).
Once triggered, the firmware will continue monitoring changes and continue until no more changes (movement) are detected. At this point the firmware will enter the motion timeout loop. If further motion is detected during the timeout loop, the trigger routine will be resumed once again and the recording will not be interrupted. The trigger routine will continue until no more motion is detected, at which point the motion timeout loop will be entered once again. If no further motion is detected during the timeout loop, the camera will stop recording and enter standby detection mode. If motion detection is triggered during standby detection mode the whole process will be repeated ad infinitum until the card is full or lack of battery power forces the camera to shut down.

Once motion is detected, it will take a second or two until the firmware starts recording. This delay can't be avoided because of technical limitations.

The motion timeout can be configured as 5 secs, 15 secs, 30 secs or 60 secs.

Wow. Thanks a lot, man. That really helped a bunch.
Browsing through the entire thread didn't net me as much information as this post did. Mind putting this on the FAQ page, so you can inform many others who might be ignorant like me? Because this is hella useful. You even explained the mechanism that takes place for the 'motion detection', so I don't go off on my own tangent about stupid-ass made up theories, and quickly destroyed all that junk thought. I also understood the motion timeout thing now.
nisbahmumtaz is offline Find More Posts by nisbahmumtaz
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:48 AM
Joined Mar 2012
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
Different lenses yield slightly different colors, that's true.
Thanks again, Isoprop.
Finally, I've ordered an 808 #16 V2 with "D" lens and an "A" lens module.
Everything bought on Eletoponline365, an amazing shop with wonderful seller that now I personally suggest to everybody!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky971 View Post
Ricky.. An old saying , different strokes, for different folks.

Lens A 70 degree

Lens B 90 degree

Lens D 120 degree.

future lens C 110 degree

Future lenses 140, 150 , 170,180....

Lens A is the ideal lens to purchase it will offer you the average view of a 35m camera.

Lens B has its Ir filter on the lens dome that causes reflection when light, like passing the sun, showing in Red. and vigenting (sp) I call it a lens barrel distortion.

Fix is to expand the lens hole on camera, and as well on the edges of the actual plastic lens housing. to get rid of the fov blockage is expanding the hole, and when placed under a hats brim, it gets pronounced even more. this acts as a 67mm or less fov

Lens D a imitation of a gopro trademark, but yet not of a gopro fov. It is a glass lens, how you use the lens D you may like/dislike it. it gives you a 27mm fov and will bend the horizon, on again personal use.

Lets not get to technical. Just get out there view a number of clips with each camera and you will decide to get the one you want. remember, you can get lens A, and always get the lens module and case to go up/down/ in lenses.

Sometimes it's best to get a spare camera and different lense.

Added noted always best to keep settings normal and manipulate in editing software, change the settings in camera, and it becomes a video that may not be corrected for good. personal prefrences

Enjoy

FISHYCOMICS
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)