lol! vewwwwwy funny!
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:42 PM
Wasn't my fault, I had it and
United States, WV, Ripley
Joined Jan 2012
147 Posts
Thanks for posting this HeliPad, still waiting on replacement heads for my son's yellow s107, guess they are coming from China. So, saw your post and just ordered my set of 2. Hope they arrive soon!! My son is anxious to get back in the air!! Now I should be able to fly with him!
Wacky1 is offline Find More Posts by Wacky1
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:43 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Hey Durk,
Move to America if you are jealous that you can't get the deal
OK Jim clear out the spare room and I will move in long enough to order one.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:47 PM
morris alabama
Joined Feb 2001
367 Posts
You dont have to be so serious about the purposed use of a simple helicopter. This was just a simple question that I wanted a simple answer to. Geesh!
tigermoth is offline Find More Posts by tigermoth
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:05 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermoth View Post
You dont have to be so serious about the purposed use of a simple helicopter. This was just a simple question that I wanted a simple answer to. Geesh!
I thought that was pretty simple. The molded plastic transmitter does not allow left/right movement on the left stick at all. Wow what an unhappy receiver of true facts about their question!

We shoot pretty straight here almost always.
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:06 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazer51 View Post
Thanks for the link! Ordered!

(These are just too much fun not to have a few on hand to give as gifts.)

You sound like me. I can't stop buying these damn things; usually just give 'em away as gifts anyway...

IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:15 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
You sound like me. I can't stop buying these damn things; usually just give 'em away as gifts anyway...
No kidding! I think I need an intervention.

Since December, I've now purchased (4) S107s, (2) Phantom 6010s, a Double Horse 9053, a Nine Eagles 201A Draco, and a WLtoys V911.

What I've now learned is that it isn't the heli purchases that get you..its the parts! I've bought spares of everything, batteries, various chargers, and a truckload of AA cells for the transmitters.
Phazer51 is offline Find More Posts by Phazer51
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:31 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I am a repeating customer of Meritline.com, but only 1st time customer for helicopters. I've known all along that Meritline sells genuine S107 as well as knock-offs (Cyclones). Buyers beware and make sure you don't buy one of their clones.
I kinda like the Cyclone knock-off. Mine is pretty agile, and I like the charging (din?) plug a lot more than Syma's plug & receptacle.
Mine has been pretty rugged too; seems tougher than a 107 in a few ways.

Quote:
The helicopters were shipped from a US warehouse, in a plastic bag, no outer box.
That's the only thing I don't like about meritline. Those cheesy grey & white plastic bags they use offer absolutely no protection at all.
Newegg beats meritline hands down on packaging.
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:22 AM
My toilet water has TBE
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Copter games

So, what do you guys do when you fly?
I've been in 2 copters for a few weeks and there is just so much a new pilot can do in such a limited space as mine; I can navigate darn near every nook in my tiny abode at ff and every other nook that requires a finesse with a cocky success. (I'm just that good)
I made up a 'touchdown' game. Is anyone else playing finesse games with their copters?
stickman0236 is offline Find More Posts by stickman0236
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:25 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,498 Posts
Have you tried landing on your own head, yet? NO, DON'T DO THAT.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:40 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
I have a tall tin can, I try landing on top of it. Or, and this is tricky, hook the tail on the edge of the can, without dropping the copter. I'll try filming it this weekend
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Jan 27, 2012, 07:41 AM
morris alabama
Joined Feb 2001
367 Posts
Not unhappy at all about my answer. You need to take a deep breath and stop jumping to conclusions. You have no idea what I might be using my heli for. Thanks for the answer though.
tigermoth is offline Find More Posts by tigermoth
Old Jan 27, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Dec 2010
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman0236 View Post
I've been in 2 copters for a few weeks and there is just so much a new pilot can do in such a limited space as mine; I can navigate darn near every nook in my tiny abode at ff and every other nook that requires a finesse with a cocky success. (I'm just that good)
I made up a 'touchdown' game. Is anyone else playing finesse games with their copters?
I've been trying to land on every flat surface in my house. The couches and chairs are tricky because you get prop wash coming off the back of the chair and bouncing you around.

Also, if you want to add a bit of difficulty to navigating the tight spaces, take off the unnecessary tail pieces so the cg moves forward and it won't hover completely still. Makes things a bit more exciting when you know you can't just stop and regroup if you get into trouble.

If you just want something different, try taking out the weights in the balance bar. It makes the helicopter super unstable, which can be fun in its own right. Heck, when everybody got these at Christmas, I think we had almost as much fun with the crappy ones somebody bought that had bad gyros as we did with the S107. It's a challenge to keep control of a helicopter that won't stop spinning, except at certain throttle positions (not that that will happen to an S107, but it's kind of the same general idea).
nemebean is offline Find More Posts by nemebean
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:41 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2010
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman0236 View Post
I made a little hook out of an ornament hanger and put a little loop of wire on a small cardboard game piece. I was trying to re-create one of my favorite toys from childhood, Vertibird!
S107 vertibird (0 min 41 sec)
slim1357 is offline Find More Posts by slim1357
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:09 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,498 Posts
Good job, Great flying, Slim.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad