HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2012, 03:44 AM
United States, CO, Silverthorne
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octo View Post
How much experience do you have in photography and editing?
In non AP situations about 6 years of professional portraiture and wedding photography.
TZZDC1241 is offline Find More Posts by TZZDC1241
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 03:45 AM
United States, CO, Silverthorne
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price4Flight View Post
It's 2013? The NYTimes article says "The agency must also allow for “the safe integration” of all kinds of drones into American airspace, including those for commercial uses, by Sept. 30, 2015. And it must come up with a plan for certifying operators and handling airspace safety issues, among other rules."

Did I miss something -- I'm not too knowledgable with these new rules and dates.
Did they push it back then? Last I checked the ban existed till 2013.
TZZDC1241 is offline Find More Posts by TZZDC1241
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:41 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,065 Posts
Safety must of course be paramount, but having said that I think that you will find the main reasoning behind all these rules and regulations is so that the government (whoever they may be and these rules are coming in in many countries) can REGULATE by means of LICENSING ie moneymaking which prevents the semi-professional making any money because it is completely prohibitive and leaves the door wide open for the "big boys".
Ted (UK)
tedrobphoto is offline Find More Posts by tedrobphoto
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:00 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZZDC1241 View Post
In non AP situations about 6 years of professional portraiture and wedding photography.
Do you have a website?
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:04 AM
Lexington, KY
Joined Oct 2009
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959 View Post
He said "well it's just a toy airplane with a camera taped to it" after not even having looked at my setup to see how much effort I had put into it. So I told him, "well why don't you go get a toy airplane, tape a camera to it and fly it up your arse?"
Probably not the most tactfull thing but hey, we do still have the 1st amendment. At least for now anyway.
Randall, this is the funniest thing I've read in a long time here. Props to you for sticking up for yourself. I wish more people had the balls to say stuff like that.
cannondale1974 is offline Find More Posts by cannondale1974
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959 View Post
Power said it best. The guy that made 10 million dollars doing the Chief's spring training camp thought I should be happy making 35 dollars for shooting it AND City Hall
He said "well it's just a toy airplane with a camera taped to it" after not even having looked at my setup to see how much effort I had put into it. So I told him, "well why don't you go get a toy airplane, tape a camera to it and fly it up your arse?"
Probably not the most tactfull thing but hey, we do still have the 1st amendment. At least for now anyway.
I know and anybody who is the slightest bit interested in this "hobby" what effort that you and many others have put into it to achieve, in many cases, unachievable images by any other means. I think that the non recognition of that achievement by those guys who pass comments like those you have received makes you REAL MAD, apart from the poor remuneration that they expect you deserve.
Ted(UK)
tedrobphoto is offline Find More Posts by tedrobphoto
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:45 PM
United States, AL, Foley
Joined Nov 2005
539 Posts
Hey Mike,

I think you and I have the same client base!

Well said Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
You said a mouthful there We have been doing this for around five yrs now and while we have a few repeat customers, business is not all that good. It helps out with the hobby a bit but I would starve if it were my day job.

We have always had great feedback on the image packages we provide and we are extremely reasonable in price. We always get the shot the customer wants, we have the lining up part down to an art. We can get in and get out in less than 40 min with over 700 images. This still does not seem to generate an overwhelming amount of work.

IMO you have to be willing to adverti$e to get exposure (I am not) and also have the service to back up what you are selling. Trust me...people don't care how much skill and equipment it takes to get the shot. They want great images for peanuts...

Oh...and get a deposit when dealing with realtors, they really like to drag things out

Mike
CoastalTom is online now Find More Posts by CoastalTom
Old Mar 09, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined Feb 2009
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis108 View Post
Enough to make an FAA Certified sticker.
Breezemont is offline Find More Posts by Breezemont