HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2014, 05:09 PM
USA, IL, Huntley
Joined Feb 2006
1,830 Posts
Question
Sim for FMS and FlyZone Planes

Hi all,,

Since my fleet consists of primarily FMS and FlyZone planes I was wondering if there is a simulator that has the most planes of those brands. I was looking at both RealFlight and Phoenix but could only find 1 or 2 on each.

The planes consist of the following and all planes are electric powered :

FLYZONE:

Tidewater (Flying Boat)
De Havilland Beaver w/flaps
48.5 Corsair w/retracts
Calypso 73" powered glider w/flaps

FMS

1400MM (55") P-47 w/ retracts & flaps
1450 (57") P51B w/ retract & flaps

I do have other planes but this is the majority.

I also intend to acquire the following:
FMS Zero
Dynam's PBY & C-47 (Skytrainer) both which are twins.
Freewing Jet (not sure which yet but most likely a Mig or F18)

So basically I'm looking for a sim that will help along the way the best with the planes a have or may have.

Thanks
race58 is offline Find More Posts by race58
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
3,874 Posts
Odd that no one answers...

The short answer is that Horizon Hobby distributes Phoenix so you'll find some of their planes in there. Hobbico (who owns the Flyzone brand) distributes RealFlight so a few of their products are in there. Horizon Hobby and Hobbico are the big two, they each have a large number of brands that they sell products under.

FMS, Dynam and Freewing are all off-brands not part of the big two so probably won't see those in a simulator unless someone makes the model and shares it.

You might check the RealFlight swap pages for user created models:
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM
USA, IL, Huntley
Joined Feb 2006
1,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
Odd that no one answers...
I thought so as well...

So thanks to you for posting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
The short answer is that Horizon Hobby distributes Phoenix so you'll find some of their planes in there. Hobbico (who owns the Flyzone brand) distributes RealFlight so a few of their products are in there. Horizon Hobby and Hobbico are the big two, they each have a large number of brands that they sell products under.

FMS, Dynam and Freewing are all off-brands not part of the big two so probably won't see those in a simulator unless someone makes the model and shares it.

You might check the RealFlight swap pages for user created models:
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php
I already knew about the Horizon/Hobbico and RealFlight/Phoenix differences with specific planes because at one time I owned both.

What I was hoping for is which one would have models that were the closest in performance on the simulator to the ones I have be it Flyzone or FMS Warbirds or any manufacturer.

Thanks again for your reply it is appreciated.
Ed
race58 is offline Find More Posts by race58